A Quick And Tasty Potato Salad With Ranch Dressing
Sometimes I love to take inventory of my pantry and make creative recipes from foods that I have on hand.
The other day I had some potatoes that were just about on their way to the composter due to the extreme humidity we had a few days in a row. I was able to salvage them, and really wanted to make a cold potato salad.
Then, I realized I had no mayonnaisemajor issue!
We did have some vinegar and olive oil, but my kids and husband prefer a much creamier version. I definitely did not feel like running out for mayo so I decided to use what I had on hand which was a bottle of ranch dressing.
I dont know about you, but we love ranch dressing so much! It is delicious on burgers, in salads, and casseroles. Therefore, why not try a potato salad made with ranch dressing? Sounded good enough to me!
Recipes That Go With Potato Salad
This Loaded Potato Salad is wonderfully versatile its a hit at potlucks, picnics and barbecues alongside all of your favorite cookout foods but its equally delicious alongside comforting dinner dishes and it holds its own as part of your holiday spread. Here are just a few recipes potato salad goes with, but the possibilities are endless!
The Best Potato Salad Recipe
No barbecue, pool party, or picnic is complete without a giant bowl of potato salad and this recipe is thebest in my humble opinion. After all, whats not perfection about tender, creamy potatoes fully loaded with tons of cheese, bacon and green onions swaddled in homemade ranch dressing. Its the best combination of crispy, creamy, and comforting that all come together to create the best potato salad.
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Tasty Salad
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
A creamy and delicious potato salad with amazing ranch flavor and bacon! This is the perfect side to take to a potluck and is sure to be a huge hit!
Is anyone else struggling to get through these last couple days of school? I have been counting down the minutes that my kids get out of school. I am pretty sure that I am just as excited as they are about school being out. My kids have been lucky to be dressed and to school on time. Every morning when my alarm goes off I am tempted to keep them home because it is the last week! But then I remember that I am now the responsible parent and so I drag myself out of bed. But I keep telling myself it is only two more days and I can do it!
I am ready for summer. And I am ready for all of the barbecues! It is my favorite part of summer. I LOVE finding new side dishes to take. And this Bacon Ranch Potato Salad will blow your mind!
I love the bacon ranch combo. Ranch is one of our favorites! And when you add bacon to anything it makes it amazing. But as soon as I had my first bite of this potato salad I was amazed. This is the best potato salad that I have had to date. It has simple and delicious ingredients and comes together in no time at all.
You guys are going to love it! I promise that it will become a favorite and be the perfect side for your next potluck!
Lets Talk About Boiling The Potatoes
The potatoes are covered in cold water and then the water is brought to boiling point. At this point, we salt the water and then actually reduce the heat to low so that the water is just barely simmering. We dont cover the pot .
Potatoes will cook in the same amount of time whether simmering or boiling, but simmering prevents the spuds from bouncing around which helps them keep from becoming mushy. Nothing ruins potato salad like mushy or water-logged potatoes!
You May Like: Healthy Low Calorie Salad Dressing
Can You Make Potato Salad The Night Before
Potato salad is actually better made a day ahead! It allows the flavors to build and the potatoes to absorb the dressing.
However, because you are using cold ingredients, the potato salad is still good if you serve it immediately.
I would try to refrigerate it a couple hours before serving if you have the time.
Bacon Ranch Potato Red Salad Recipe
Who doesnt love a good potato salad? My kid. Thats who. Except for this bacon ranch version. This stuff, she completely devours. Its creamy, full of flavor and and totally addicting.
Plus, its super easy to make. Boil chopped red potatoes, toss potatoes in a creamy homemade ranch flavored dressing with bacon and fresh herbs and a little bit of garlic. Boom. Done.
Recommended Reading: Bbq Chicken Chopped Salad Cpk
How To Make Bacon Ranch Red Potato Salad
Potato Salad With Country Ranch Dressing
- 21 Ratings
The vegetables in this salad are first browned to perfection in the oven. The fresh avocado that’s added just before serving, provides a buttery flavor.
- 3 pounds round red potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut in wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce dry ranch salad dressing mix
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 stalk celery, bias-sliced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- Fresh Italian parsley, coarsely snipped
Recommended Reading: Fat Free Salad Dressing Brands
Loaded Potato Salad Made With Your Favorite Baked Potato Toppings In Convenient Salad Form Its Guaranteed To Be A Potluck Favorite
This Loaded Potato Salad is hands down my favorite potato salad and will steal the show at every potluck, picnic, game day or backyard barbecue! Its loaded with tender potatoes, crispy bacon, sharp cheddar and fresh chives enveloped in a creamy, sour-cream laced ranch dressing. Its portable, easy to make, make ahead friendly, easy to double/triple for a large crowd, tastes fabulous warm, or cold and compliments any meal. With one bite, this Loaded Potato Salad will be your favorite potluck side dish too!
Make Ahead And Storage Suggestions
Make Ranch Potato Salad at least an hour before serving so it can be thoroughly chilled. It can be made up to 4 hours in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container.
Leftover potato salad will stay fresh for 3-4 days. If you are making it in advance, I recommend adding the bacon right before serving if youd like it to remain crispy.
You May Like: How To Make Salad In A Jar
Ingredients For Potato Salad:
- potatoes red or gold potatoes are best, but any potatoes will work for potato salad too.
- hard boiled eggs these are a classic addition to potato salad
- pickles you can use any pickles, I usually go for dill pickles, but bread and butter pickles will also be great.
- Ranch dressing ingredients: mayonnaise, buttermilk, distilled white vinegar, mustard and fresh herbs.
- salt and pepper
- fresh herbs they give such a boost of freshness and flavor to the potato salad, I use a variety: green onions, chives, dill and parsley.
Original Ranch Roasted Potatoes
Red potatoes are tossed in oil and ranch seasoning and roasted until brown and crisp to make this effortless side dish.
Provided by Hidden Valley Ranch
|2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered|
|¼ cup vegetable oil|
|2 teaspoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix|
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place potatoes in a 1-gallon-size Glad® Zipper Bag and add oil seal bag. Toss to coat.
- Add Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix and toss again until coated. Bake in ungreased baking pan for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are brown and crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Carbohydrate 36.2 g, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 26.3 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
Recommended Reading: Macy’s Salad Bowl Set
Texas Ranch Potato Salad
Everythings bigger in Texas and everythings better with Hidden Valley® Ranch. This potato salad recipe is huge on flavors with creamy Yukon Gold potatoes, a light crunch of celery and a tangy, zesty dressing with HVR Seasoning thatll have you shouting howdy yall! to anyone within earshot.
- Prep Time 20 min
- Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes2½pounds
- kosher salt, to taste
- hard-boiled eggs, finely diced2
- celery, finely diced2ribs
Easy Ranch Potato Salad
This is another pool party favorite. It is very easy and quick to make yet very flavorful and real tasty It is perfect for a hot summer day or any day for that matter. The recipe can be adapted to suit your individual tastes by making additions or deletions. Feel free to experiment with whatever you have on hand.
Provided by Guava Girl
|1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup water|
|3 lbs small red potatoes|
|4 -5 slices bacon, fried crisp and then crumbled|
|1 bunch green onion|
- Combine dressing mix with mayonnaise and water.
- You may also use the bottled Ranch dressing.
- in place of the Ranch mix, mayo,& water.
- Add potatoes, celery, bacon, and onions.
- Toss to coat.
You May Like: Who Made The Potatoe Salad Free Movie
Serving And Storing Potato Salad
You can serve the potato salad right away, but its best when its had a chance to chill and give all the ingredients a chance to meld together. If I am making the salad in advance, I like to add a bit more dressing to it and toss gently once more before serving.
Store the Potato Salad in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Buttermilk Ranch Potato Salad
An easy-to-make ranch dressing with red potatoes makes this potato salad a hit.
Provided by chels420
|10 red potatoes, skin on|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|1 package ranch dressing mix|
|8 slices bacon|
|1 bunch green onions, chopped|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let potatoes cool 10 minutes. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk, and ranch dressing mix together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Let cool 5 minutes chop into small pieces.
- Assemble potatoes, bacon, green onions, and parsley in a large bowl. Pour ranch dressing mixture over salad and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.1 g, Cholesterol 21.1 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 635.9 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
Read Also: Best Salad For Kidney Disease
Potato Salad With Bacon And Egg
When I decided to make a ranch potato salad that first time, my mind immediately turned to bacon.
I wanted a salad with the flavors of ranch dressing, but also with some smokiness from the bacon. I used just a bit of the bacon grease to season the dressing and the whole salad picked up a slightly smoky flavor that I loved.
Using leftover hardboiled eggs and baked potatoes made this recipe come together quickly. Rather than using a storebought or pre-made ranch dressing, I made an extra thick dressing with mayonnaise and all the usual ranch seasoning suspects like dill and parsley.
Every bite of this potato salad was creamy and full of smoky bacon and herbed ranch flavor. Fresh green onions tossed in at the end added a terrific bite and satisfying crunch to the salad.
Dont be scared of the bacon grease, it makes an enormous difference in the final result. Its just a small amount and takes this from an ordinarily good potato salad to something that tastes better than any potato salad Ive had from a restaurant or deli.
It definitely blows the store-bought stuff completely out of the water.
Creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing The Cake Chica
Ranch Dressing Ingredients. Here are a number of highest rated Ranch Dressing Ingredients pictures upon internet. We identified it from trustworthy source. Its submitted by direction in the best field. We endure this kind of Ranch Dressing Ingredients graphic could possibly be the most trending topic taking into account we ration it in google pro or facebook.
Recommended Reading: What To Put In Pasta Salad
Roasted Ranch Potato Salad Ingredients Needed:
Red or White Onion
You could always switch out the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt for a lighter version. This salad is very versatile, use any cheese your family loves. Such simple ingredients but the Ranch seasoning really does give this one a great flavor with the roasted potatoes. Be sure to spray the potatoes well with the cooking spray, so they get some crisp on them.
Add extra ranch seasoning if you love ranch!
This dish goes wonderful with our Maple Sausage Baked Beans!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? Its full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 2lbsof red potatoesdiced
- 1/2cupof red or white onionsliced
- 1/2cupof baconchopped
- 1/2cupof cheddar cheeseshredded
- 1/2cupof chiveschopped
- 1tablespoonof ranch dressing seasoning mixI use Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1/2cupof mayonnaisecan use low fat
- Cooking Spray
Ranch Potato Salad Notes
- I usually leave the skins on the potatoes. It adds color and a bit of texture. Plus, its not worth the trouble to peel them with thin potato skins, there isnt much of a difference.
- Make in advance. While Ranch Potato Salad isnt a major time drain, it may take longer than you think. The potatoes take a good amount of time to prepare, cook, and cool. After the rest of the salad is put together, it also needs to chill for a bit. As the salad chills, the flavors intensify and meld everything tastes better cold instead of at room temperature, so dont rush the chilling times.
- Make sure to thoroughly drain the potatoes. Thoroughly drain the potatoes after simmering. I highly recommend giving them enough time to drain and dry before using them in the saladotherwise you may end up with a watery, less-flavorful Ranch Potato Salad.
- Use a good ranch seasoning mix. While you can certainly make your own, the idea of this salad is quick and easy! We like Hidden Valley Ranch® seasoning mix best and have found other brands to lack flavor.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Get A Good Chicken Salad Sandwich
Loaded Potato Salad Recipe
On the other hand, if youre looking for some next-level potato salad that causes a little party to take place on your tongue with every bite, my loaded potato salad is the one for you.
Because on my goodness, you guys its just THAT good. ?
RELATED: Check out my loaded cauliflower casserole for more over-the-top goodness!
Have you ever been browsing through the reviews on popular recipe sites to see how other people may have doctored-up the recipe to make it better?
Well, this delicious loaded potato salad recipe is already doctored-up beyond recognition . Its truly LOADED with flavor, and while the ingredients list is a little longer than the ones I typically post, every single flavor works together to create something so scrumptious that I dream about it.
This is the potato salad recipe that I make when Im hosting a cookout at my home during the summer and I want my guests to be thinking about that BOMB potato salad the next day. Its my special, pulling out all the stops potato salad.
While its definitely packed with goodness its not difficult to make at all.
You basically cant go wrong when youre mixing together a bunch of ingredients that are as tasty as the ones in this loaded potato salad recipe. Sure, it may look like a hot mess when youre done, but who cares?