Whole30 + Keto Wedge Salad
A good wedge salad is one of my favorite things to order on a date night at the steakhouse. I dont know what it is, but they are always so dang good! This Whole30 + Keto wedge salad is just like the one at the steakhouse . It is topped with a creamy homemade ranch, crispy bacon, perfect boiled eggs and juicy tomatoes. This wedge will be your new favorite salad!
You have to have a great dressing for a good wedge salad. I am sure that is what makes them so good when you go out to eat. Most wedge salad recipes call for bleu cheese dressing, but I prefer my Easy Whole30 Ranch Dressing. It is so rich and creamy, but only takes minutes to make.
This classic wedge is topped with crispy bacon, chopped boiled eggs, fresh cherry tomatoes and chives. It is the perfect combination. I love this salad as an appetizer or side dish, it goes so well with any protein.
You Might Also Like:
Are Salads Good For Keto
Ketogenic diets have been classified in several versions. Some of them are very low carb, high fat and some of them low fat, high carb. The ratio of values are different from version to version. If you apply this type of nutrition value in salad then it will become keto-salad. While we are following ketogenic foods, we have to moderate our eating habits. The keto diet is popular for its strict eating habits. So, you have to be careful about adding items in your plan.
Nowadays, there are plenty of salad recipes available that are suitable for ketogenic diet plans. Speciality of the keto-salad is it will adjust with the nutrition ratios. So you dont have to worry about spoiling the plan. Even salads add necessary nutrition for maintaining good health. So we can eat salads during the keto diet and it is totally safe and good.
Reasons To Love This Whole30 Wedge Salad:
- This isnt your average salad: This isnt your typical bowl of lettuce, using wedges of iceberg lettuce as a base makes this salad very crispy, light and fresh! There is just something so satisfying about cutting into a big lettuce wedge.
- The dressing! While traditional wedge salad is usually served with blue cheese dressing, to keep things dairy free for this recipe the salad is topped with a herby ranch dressing.
- Its a great salad to prep in advance: All of the components for this salad can be prepared up to a few days in advance and the salad can be quickly assembled before serving.
- Its healthy: This salad is Whole30, Keto and Paleo and can easily be made vegetarian by skipping the bacon!
Recommended Reading: Best Salad Toppings For Weight Loss
What Is A Wedge Salad
Wedge Salad is appropriately named because it is made from a wedge of iceberg lettuce. A cold, crisp, fresh head of iceberg lettuce is cut into four wedges. The wedges are typically topped with a few simple ingredients, usually bacon and tomatoes, and then dressed with bleu cheese dressing. It is a popular side dish at many restaurants, especially steakhouses. According to A Wedge Salad History: Delicious Facts about Lettuce, the first cookbook with a recipe for wedge salad was printed in 1916.
Easy Wedge Salad Recipe
This wedge salad recipe si super crunchy, refreshing, and topped with a rich blue cheese dressing, bacon crumbles, and cherry tomatoes. Its an easy salad recipe perfect for a quick meal or appetizer.
Don’t Miss: Can Diabetics Eat Egg Salad
Can You Make Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Ahead
This classic wedge salad recipe comes together in just 10 minutes, but its best to not compile the salad until youre ready to eat it. Here are some ways to prep things ahead:
- Make the blue cheese dressing.
- Wash and cut lettuce. Cut the iceberg lettuce into wedges, remove the core, and store in a plastic bag with some paper towel to capture any moisture.
- Cook the bacon.
- Dice red onions.
When youre ready to serve the classic wedge salad, slice the tomatoes and assemble your salad.
Classic Low Carb Wedge Salad Recipe
Deliciously fresh and crunchy classic wedge salad recipe to satisfy any craving. Healthy, low carb and keto friendly.
A wedge salad is a favorite keto-friendly meal of mine. I love the combination of crisp greens with soft, juicy tomatoes and rich cheese that make this dish so satisfying! If you want to know how easy it can be at home, keep reading my article on making your own Classic Wedge Salad with Balsamic Glaze recipe in less than 10 minutes.
Also Check: Bumble Bee Tuna Salad Pouch
Keto Wedge Salad Recipeinstructions
Healthy Wedge Salad Recipe
While most people head to a steakhouse for the steak, one of my favorite things to get is the wedge salad. There is something so delicious yet fancy about eating a wedge salad. And Im not even a salad person!
Ok, I liedI do always get a steak! BUT I love to start my meal with a crisp wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with creamy blue cheese dressing and bacon. Mmmmbacon
I dont know why I never tried to make one at home before, because recreating this classic iceberg wedge at home is actually quick and easy! Dressing too!
Did I mention that its naturally keto friendly?? You dont need to buy any special ingredients Ill show you how to make homemade blue cheese dressing with simple, real food ingredients.
I promise, it will rival anything youd get at a restaurant! And way cheaper to make at home too!
Read Also: Simple Macaroni Salad With Egg
Not Your Ordinary Iceberg Wedge Salad
I’m a sucker for a good steakhouse salad, particularly the iceberg wedge.
When you load up your fork with everything together, the result is a huge flavor bomb that gets my mouth watering just thinking about it.
For this iceberg wedge salad recipe, we are going to use some non-traditional ingredients.
Brown Butter Walnuts: if you’ve never tried these, they are outrageously good.
Sliced Shallots: thinly sliced shallots have a more mellow flavor than red onion and come with an undertone of garlic. It pairs gloriously with the homemade blue cheese dressing.
Simple And Delicious Keto Salads
The ketogenic diet is a very-low-carb, high-fat eating method thats popular for weight loss.
It typically involves limiting carb intake to 2050 grams per day to stimulate ketosis a metabolic state in which your body starts using ketones for energy instead of glucose .
However, because it can be restrictive, you may wonder what salads you can eat on a keto diet. Notably, keto salads should be low in carbs but high in healthy fats and protein.
Here are 7 simple and delicious keto salads, plus recipes.
This grilled chicken salad is not only high in protein but also a great source of healthy fats like oleic acid from its olives, extra virgin olive oil, and avocado.
Numerous test-tube and animal studies link oleic acid to reduced inflammation, enhanced immunity, and potential anticancer effects (
- 1/2 pound of chicken thigh, grilled, sliced
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 of a medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a medium avocado, sliced
- 1 ounce of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce of olives, pitted, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Read Also: Bumble Bee Buffalo Chicken Salad
Try Clickfunnels For Free:
No obligations, no contracts, cancel at any time.
- Simple drag and drop webpage editor!
- Quickly build sales funnels that convert!
- Smart shopping cart with 1 click upsells!
- Email and Facebook Marketing Automation!
- Everything organized in one simple dashboard!
ClickFunnels Gives You THE TOOLS You Need To Market, Sell and Deliver Your Products Online!
How To Make Wedge Salad
The best part of this wedge salad is that it is extremely easy to make without requiring cooking skills. Here is everything you have to do:
Recommended Reading: Jazzy Julie Chicken Salad Chick
How To Make A Keto Wedge Salad
Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust if needed by adding more salt, pepper, etc.
You want to stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated and the dressing is smooth, except for the blue cheese crumbles.
Cut the iceberg head into quarters, lengthwise.
Place one wedge on a plate and spoon 2-4 Tablespoons of dressing on top of each.
Finish with chopped bacon, green onions, and more blue cheese crumbles.
Best enjoyed immediately.
Wedge Salad Burger Keto Friendly Recipe
- 1.5poundsof 80/20 ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- 3ouncesof blue cheesecrumbled
- 1/4cupof sour cream
- 2tablespoonsor so of half and halfenough to make the dressing the consistency you need
- 1/2teaspoondried dill
- Divide the ground chuck into 4 burger patties
- season the burgers with salt and pepper
- cook over medium heat for 3-6 minutes per side to your desired doneness
- Cook the bacon along with the burgers
- MAKE THE DRESSING
Recommended Reading: Acacia Wood Salad Bowl Set
Tacos At Pablitos World
Pablitos World is a place for taco lovers on the keto diet. The new Chinatown mini foodcourt houses four concepts from Pablitos Tacos founder Danny Rodriguez. The digital menu lists food from Pablitos Tacos, the stand turned food trucks turned bricks-and-mortar restaurant touting Tijuana-style Peruvian tacos Pablitos Pizza, offering pies topped with everything from lomo saltado to chile relleno Pablitos Chicken, a Peruvian rotisserie chicken restaurant with ceviches and saltados and Mikaza Express, a bento box sushi spinoff of Rodriguezs now-closed Nikkei-cuisine restaurant. You make your selections on a digital kiosk.
I stuck to the tacos but even then, there were decisions to be made. The lomo saltado taco looks good. But wait. Do I want it on one of the handmade corn tortillas, keto-style or protein-stye?
About four years ago, I was opening in places like Studio City and Sherman Oaks, and so many people would come by and say, Oh my God, I love your tacos but I cant have the tortillas, Rodriguez said on a recent call. Theyre on the keto diet or this diet or that diet. So I said OK, lets start creating some options.
We asked some of the citys best chefs where they love to eat. Heres a guide to their favorites, including pizza, sushi and Korean breakfast.
How To Store This Keto Wedge Salad
Iceberg lettuce doesnt like to stick around long after its been cut. What I do is:
- Only cut as many wedges as you need
- Wrap up the remainder of the lettuce tightly in plastic wrap. Moisture is the enemy! Keep the remainder of the lettuce in your crisper.
- Once the dressing is on, you have to eat it right away. It wont keep.
Also Check: How To Make Homemade Salad
What Is A Keto Diet
The ketogenic diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that has been used for decades to treat and manage various medical conditions.
Its also used by athletes to train and perform at their best.
The keto diet was originally developed in the 1920s as a treatment for epilepsy.
However, it became popular again in 2003 when Dr. Atkins published his book New Diet Revolution which advocated the benefits of consuming fewer carbohydrates and more fats than the average American diet.
A keto diet can also be helpful for weight loss.
There are also many other health benefits of following a low-carb diet, including reducing risk factors associated with type 2 diabetes, lowering cholesterol levels, and improving heart health and brain function.
Can I Make Wedge Salads Ahead Of Time
The great thing about these salads is how fresh they taste! You want to make sure you arent sacrificing the dish when meal prepping, so this salad isnt the best contender for that.
You could easily cook your bacon and chop all of your toppings a day or two ahead, but I recommend waiting as late as possible to cut those iceberg wedges. It will be just fine if you need to cut it the morning or night before if youre carrying it for lunch, but I wouldnt prepare it much earlier than that.
As with most salads, it is best if you want to top it with dressing right before serving!
Also Check: Healthy Salad Dressing For Diabetics
Ingredients For This Wedge Salad
You will need only six ingredients that you can find at any store to create this delicious wedge salad. Here is everything you need:
- Iceberg Lettuce Wedge salads are typically made with iceberg lettuce, but you could use romaine lettuce instead if you want. However, I highly suggest sticking with iceberg lettuce for that fancy look.
- Bacon no wedge salad without bacon. Here are some great tips for making the best oven-baked bacon thats mess-free and super crispy.
- Cherry Tomatoes you can also use any type of tomatoes you want just make sure you chop them into small bites.
- Salt& Pepper to taste, just pay attention to the salt amount since the blue cheese dressing is already quite salted.
- Blue Cheese Dressing you can buy it or make it at home. Personally, I prefer using a homemade one since it is way delicious.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles these ones are used to top the salad for a more intense taste.
Alternate Low Carb Salads:
Looking for something other than my iceberg wedge salad recipe? I’ve got you covered:
Check out this Tomato Feta Salad… it’s low carb, keto and perfect as a side dish.
Or, take a look at my Cucumber Feta Salad. It’s super fast and super delicious.
Love bacon? How about making a bacon dressing? Give it a shot on my Traditional French Frisee Salad. It’s even got a poached egg!
My easiest and most favorite low carb and keto salad is my Bacon Avocado Salad. It’s delightfulness rests in just how simple it is to make.
What to serve with an Iceberg Wedge Salad:
If you’re wondering what to serve with this blue cheese covered wedge salad, let me give you some suggestions:
Recommended Reading: Chicken Salad Chick Birthday Reward
How Do You Make A Wedge Salad
The first step is to cut your head of lettuce into wedges. You can cut one head into 4 very large wedges for dinner size salads. Alternatively, you can cut the salad into smaller wedges for side dish size salads.
Just be sure to remove the outer layers of lettuce, as they have usually begun to wilt a bit and have been handled. Then cut the wedge in half, and cut that half into whatever size wedge you wish. Remove the tough stem portion. Repeat as needed with the other portion of lettuce.
Top with the tomatoes, green onions, bacon, blue cheese, dressing, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Can You Eat Caesar Salad On Keto
Caesar salad has all the ingredients that are good and beneficial for health.
- This salad is made with lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
- It provides 470 calories, 40 gram fat and 1070 mg sodium.
- Croutons and romaine lettuce dressing add texture and ensure natural health benefits to the caesar salad
- It has essential fat to continue with the keto diet. 40g of healthy fat stabilizes the level of nutrition during keto. The fat level ensures that this salad is a booster for keto diet.
It maintains the necessary nutrition value according to the keto diet plan. So now you can calculate the nutrition value with your keto nutrition value. You will get the idea of the nutrition ratio. That will help you decide whether to eat caesar salad or not.
Recommended Reading: Spode Christmas Tree Gold Salad Plate
Can You Eat Salad On Keto
Keto or ketogenic is a medical diet. It is different from other regular diets. Keto diets use stored fat to produce ketone bodies. This element generates essential energy for the human body without eating sugar-based foods. So the body doesnt need useal glucose to operate the body chemistry. On the other hand, the keto diet is not a suitable diet for everyone. In order to reduce body weight, keto is the last stage to consider. But you can reduce the danger by using supportive foods like salad. You may have a question: can you eat salad on keto? Lets find out how salads can be useful during keto diet.
You May like
Loaded Caesar Wedge Salad
Nothing beats this Loaded Caesar Wedge Salad that is easy to make and so flavorful! Wedges of iceberg lettuce topped with crispy bacon, chicken breast, cherry tomatoes and a homemade dressing.
As the weather is getting warmer you might be like us and find yourself craving a good salad.
That’s where this amazing keto salad recipe comes in. But it’s not just any salad!
Our loaded Caesar wedge salad is filling, satisfying and very easy to put together.
Topped with crisped bacon, chicken breast, cheery tomatoes and eggs, its a complete keto meal that will keep you feeling full, satisfied and bursting with energy.
Also Check: Gluten Free Sugar Free Salad Dressing