When To Serve Sonoma Chicken Salad
- Any summertime party so good for feeding large crowds, plus its refreshing.
- lunch or dinner -an easy make-ahead lunch or dinner any night of the week.
- Picnics this would be the ideal lunch to pack for a little picnic. OMG! can you imagine?
I hope you enjoy this sonoma chicken salad as much as we do. Its such a simple dish, but with a lot of flavor and texture that make it feel special. The dressing is perfectly creamy, the grapes are sweet and juicy, the pecans are crunchy and nutty, and the chicken is tender. Oh, and the celery adds the perfect vegetal crunch without taking over the flavors.
When you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment down below, along with a star rating. This helps me out more then you know, and I love hearing from you. Thanks, friends.
More About Whole Foods Sonoma Chicken Salad Recipes
SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD
WHOLE FOODS SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD + WEEKLY MENU
WHOLE FOODS SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- In a bowl, combine mayo, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to dress the salad. This can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.
- Preheat oven to Place the chicken breasts in one layer in a baking dish with 1/2 cup water. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes until completely cooked through. Remove cooked chicken breasts from pan, cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cover and refrigerate.
- When the chicken is cold, dice into bite-size chunks and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pecans, grapes, celery and dressing.
SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD – ROBUST
RECIPE: SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
WHOLE FOODS – SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD CALORIES, CARBS & AMP NUTRITION
SONOMA SALAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | WHOLE FOOD RECIPES, COOKING
SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD, 16 OZ AT WHOLE FOODS MARKET
SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE WHOLE FOODS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION
SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | THE WHOLE FOODS CIRCLE
SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD | RECIPES | WHOLE FOODS MARKET 365
WHOLE FOODS SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD – SALADPROGUIDE.COM
RECIPE: SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
WHOLE FOOD’S SONOMA CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | HEALTHY TASTY CHOW
How Should I Cook The Chicken
You have a few options:
- Store bought rotisserie chicken My favorite thing to do when making any chicken salad, is to use a store bought rotisserie chicken. I bring it home and immediately remove the skin and the meat, while its still warm. Then, I shred or chop the chicken up while its still warm, and store it in my fridge until I am ready to make the chicken salad. This feels like the easiest, quickset way to make chicken salad. Also I dont have to turn on my oven when its summertime when I usually want to make chicken salad.
- instant pot whole chicken I think the second best, hassle free way to cook 4 cups of chicken for a chicken salad, is to make my recipe for instant pot whole chicken. This also doesnt require you to heat up your kitchen. And, its pretty much hands off cooking.
- Cook up some chicken breast you could also cook up some chicken breast any way that you like to cook your chicken breast. All you need is a little salt and pepper for seasoning and youre good to go.
- Use up leftover chicken in your fridge if you happen to have a large amount of leftover chicken hanging out then go ahead and use that. Chicken salad is a great way to use it up!
You May Like: Salad Bowl Container To Go
Chinese Chicken Salad 10 Oz
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Offers are specific to store listed above and limited to in-store. Promotions, discounts, and offers available in stores may not be available for online orders. The information provided on this website, including special diets and nutritional information, is for reference purposes and not intended as medical or healthcare information or advice. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should not rely solely on the information presented here and you should always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. The information provided on this website should not be relied upon to make health-related decisions.
- Opens in a new tab
Does Sonoma Chicken Salad Make Good Leftovers
Yes!!! You can totally make this salad as a meal prep ingredient.
However, it is best when its enjoyed within the first 24 hours. The grapes and the pecans become a little bit soggy. That being said, we still really enjoy it on day 4.
If youre serving this salad to guests though, I would recommend only making it up to 8 hours in advance.
Recommended Reading: Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol Chicken Salad
Tips On Shredding Chicken
Always shred your chicken while its still warm. This goes for chicken breast too. It shreds up way easier while its still warm.
If you are using leftover cold chicken, I suggest either just cubing the chicken instead of shredding it. Or, heating it up in the microwave for a little bit, just to get it warm, and then shred it.
My favorite trick is to use my electric hand mixer and place the chicken in a bowl and use the electric machine power to do the shredding. Its how I get the chicken really fine. And, it saves you time! Bonus!
Chicken Salad Like Whole Foods’
This salad is very similar to the Sonoma Chicken Salad at Whole Foods’ Deli. I love it – just not the hefty price tag. I enjoy creamy chicken salads with grapes and hope others will too. This is a combination of some other chicken salads and the ingredient list from Whole Foods. Plan ahead, the dressing should sit overnight in the refrigerator to meld flavors before adding to the other ingredients.
Provided by Garlic Chick
|2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|3/4 cup chopped celery|
|3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans|
|2 cups seedless grapes|
- Combine mayonnaise, cider vinegar, honey, poppy seeds and salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate overnight for the flavors to meld
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish with 1/4-1/2 cup water.
- Cover chicken and bake in a 375F oven until cooked through – about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and cut the chicken breasts into 3/4 inch pieces then chill.
- Add the chopped celery, chopped toasted pecans, and grapes.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the chicken mixture and combine gently until coated.
- Serve on top of a green salad or as a sandwich.
Read Also: Is Greek Salad Dressing Gluten Free
Where Does Sonoma Chicken Salad Come From
The only place I have had chicken sonoma salad is from Whole Foods.
I dont live near a Whole Foods. But, when I visit family in Texas, they have gotten it from Whole Foods as an easy meal. So GOOD!
That being said, I have no idea if Whole Foods is the originator of sonoma chicken salad, or where it came from exactly.
After doing a quick google search, I learned that Sonoma is a historic city in northern California in the heart of the winemaking region. Maybe the grapes in the salad have a connection to the winemaking city in California?
Ingredients For Chicken Sonoma Salad:
- previously cooked, and cooled chicken
- pecans we toast them up for extra crunch and flavor. So good!
- red grapes, sliced in half
- plain fat free Greek yogurt to help keep the sauce a little lighter
- mayonnaise to give just the right amount of mayonnaise taste to the sauce.
- honey for a hint of sweetness
- apple cider vinegar for a hint of tangy brightness
- poppy seeds a classic, must-have-ingredient that rounds out those flavors.
- salt and pepper for seasoning, of course!
Note: you can use either all Greek yogurt, or all mayo for the dressing if you prefer. I like the combo of both. The Greek yogurt keeps the salad lighter, and the little bit of mayo adds that lovely rich flavor we know and love.
Either way, the chicken salad will be so good!
Also Check: What Are The Best Potatoes To Use For Potato Salad