How To Build Exciting Unboring Salads
The term salad doesnt just mean some lettuce drizzled with a dressing or vinaigrette. Instead, think of it as a meal that has multiple layers of flavor , texture , and color . Honestly, a salad is the most wonderful blank canvas to let your creativity run wild. So have fun with it. Heres a few ideas to get you started.
- Build layers of flavor. Start with a vegetable base, mix in seasonal ingredients, add filling protein, toss in some healthy fats, and drizzle a tasty dressing or sauce.
- Get creative with textures. Aim for a variety of textures with every bite it makes the salad more interesting! For example, start with a soft spinach base, then toss it with crisp bell pepper, juicy tomatoes, and crunchy nuts and seeds.
- Make your salad colorful. While green may form the base of your salad, remember that nutrient variety comes from color variety. So try to make your salad as vibrant as can be.The more color the better!
Lipper International 294 Cherry Finished Wavy Rim Serving Bowl
Did you notice in some Hollywood movies that fruits or salad items are serving in an ancient-looking wooden bowl? If you want to have the same style, the Lipper International 294 salad bowl is recommended for you. The bowl comes with a cherry finish and a wavy rim. The cherry color suits any kitchen décor. It is constructed from rubberwood which is known for outstanding durability. Moreover, the bowl is easy to clean and doesnt get scratch easily.
The dimension of the bowl is large enough for serving at least two persons. The material is safe for food and doesnt cause any reaction with food items.
- Cherry finish for a classy look.
- Easy to clean with regular water.
- Suitable for serving and preparing.
Also Check: Gluten Dairy Free Salad Dressing
Easy Side Salad Recipes
These quick and easy side salads will complement just about any meal. And bonus, most of them only require 10 minutes to make cant beat that!
- Easy Cucumber Salad: This light, cooling salad is as easy as slicing up some cucumbers and red onions, and tossing them with fresh dill, and a lightly sweetened vinaigrette.
- Massaged Kale Salad: Wonder how to get your kale super soft in a salad? Just massage it with olive oil! Then pair it with some lemon juice, salt, and fresh parmesan for the perfect winter side salad.
- Israeli Salad: Inspired by my travels to Israel, this vibrant, fresh salad is always my go-to for a summer side. Its a mound of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and loads of fresh herbs. Just how I like it.
- Lentil Salad with Cucumber: This throw-together salad is a combo of fresh veggies and lentils, with hints of sweet dates. A sweet and savory combo!
Also Check: Nature’s Source Salad Topper
Large Wood Salad Bowls Big Wood Salad Bowl Sets Wooden Bowl Wedding Gifts
Large wood salad bowls and salad bowl sets are as eye-catching as they are functional. There’s a reason why wood is the number one choice for a salad bowl. Because our big wooden salad bowls are handmade from premium American hardwoods, they’ll grow more beautiful over time. And 15 years after the wedding, they’ll still be gracing the table.
Add a note at checkout if you’d like your bowl hand engraved with a personal message.
We are experiencing shipping delays on some bowls . If you have a “date certain” please let us know and we’ll do our best. Shop here for bowls that are in stock now. Thank you so very much for your patience and understanding.
Lipper International Bamboo Wood Salad Bowl
$ as of January 21, 2022 7:48 pm
- Perfect for salads, fruits or even cereal and complements any décor
- Large bowl is beautiful as a centerpiece bowl or serving bowl
- Made from bamboo wood, a natural and renewable resource
- Easy to care for Hand wash only
- 1 bamboo wood salad bowl Measures: 14 diameter x 4 high
Read Also: Where To Buy Amish Potato Salad
Lipper International 1174 Acacia Wave Serving Bowl
Need something larger to serve your salad at the table? Lipper International 1174 acacia wooden bowl will fulfill your requirements. This is an acacia wood salad bowl that ensures durability and longevity. It comes in a wave shape and classy texture in the body. No matter what décor is in your kitchen, this bowl will suit you easily. There is less maintenance requires for the item. Just keep it clean to protect your foods from bacteria.
The unique salad bowl is designed to serve both fruits and vegetables. Ideal for serving both chopped fruits and vegetables or the whole fruit. After using the bowl rinse with warm water for deep cleaning.
- Durable construction with acacia wood.
- Suitable for both tossing and serving.
- Conditioning the bowl is easy with olive oil.
- 12×7 diameter to hold enough fruits and vegetables.
- Lightweight design to stay comfortable.
- Not the best one for extreme heat.
- The wet surface may damage and start decaying the surface.
Fresh Spring And Summer Salad Recipes
This time of year is all about bright, farmers market fresh flavors. From cherry tomatoes to light leafy greens, theres tons of in-season produce to work with. And the best part is that you dont really need to prep a lot of meat for these salads. The veggies and dressings speak for itself.
- Greek Salad: When it comes to simple, healthy salads, it doesnt get better than this classic salad tossed with my all-star greek salad dressing.
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad: Turn that last can of chickpeas sitting in your pantry into this super fresh and flavorful salad! Bonus its loaded with protein and fiber.
- Shrimp, Asparagus, and Avocado Salad: Come asparagus season, toss fresh stalks with shrimp, avocado, spinach, and a lemon vinaigrette for ultimate spring vibes.
- Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh: This veggie packed salad loaded with herbs makes for the perfect side on a Mediterranean spread.
- Taco Salad: This salad honestly works for any season. But once tacos are in full swing for outdoor parties, use some of those leftover ingredients for this hearty taco salad!
You May Like: California Pizza Kitchen Bbq Chicken Salad
Handcrafted Big Wooden Salad Bowl
100% handmadeand 100% natural
beautiful natural grain and individual
Olive trees are only cut down when they do not carry any fruit for long periods of time. This is a good example of a sustainable cycle in the production of natural products. This is a good illustration of how humans can work together with nature to produce environmentaly friendly products. Each product is handmade using traditional methods and the highest quality of wood. The products are oiled with a local oil. It is a wonderful piece of natural wood and a slice mediterranean living It is perfect as a decorative fruit bowl, for serving salads or vegetables
For the enjoyment of the product and the character of the wood to be preserved as long as possible by gently washing the bowl after use, with lukewarm water and washing up liquid, then dry immediately! Do not put on a radiator, warm area or hot places. For the best possible care you rub the olive wood bowl regularly with cooking oil and then wipe it off with a cloth. In addition to maintaining the bowl it amplifies the grain of the wood which does it just!
Not dishwasher safe!
Please note: All products differ a little shape, grain and texture regarding natural conditions. Larger quantities and special prices for wholsale or resale on request!
Just contact with us: +491724320602
Everyones Favorite Salad Recipes
Lets start with some of my top salad recipes that everyone always comes back to. Theyre crazy good, perfect for any occasion , and are so darn easy to make.
- Broccoli Salad: No joke, this is everyones go-to salad, no matter what time of year it is. Its perfect as a Thanksgiving side dish or summer barbecue salad. Plus, it holds up well in the fridge as the perfect meal prep salad.
- Salmon Avocado Salad: Topping a salad with warm, pan seared salmon really takes it up a notch. And you cant beat those creamy avocado slices.
- Chicken Salad: When the warm weather hits, this chicken salad is a must. Its deliciously creamy, crunchy, fresh, and will convince you to never buy store-bought chicken salad again.
- Caprese Salad: Ill gladly eat layers of fresh tomato, mozzarella, and basil on repeat. Just drizzle a little balsamic glaze for a summer classic that never fails to please.
- Tuna Salad: If you love my chicken salad, this tuna version is a no brainer. And all you really need is canned tuna, mayo, dijon mustard, and some fresh greens and herbs.
Don’t Miss: What Time Does Chicken Salad Chick Close
Our Picks For The Best Salad Bowls
$46.99 Save 41%
Pros: This wooden salad bowl is well-made and has a classic, rustic look perfect for modern farmhouse, beach, cottage, or traditional decor styles. This bowl gives you a big bang for the buck compared to similar models. Because its such a versatile home product, this wooden bowl would make a fabulous housewarming or wedding gift. It comes in small and large sizes to fit your needs.
Cons: This bowl needs to be treated with a food-safe wood finish or mineral oil to avoid splintering.
Bottom Line: If youre looking for a beautiful wooden salad bowl, look no further. The wood grain is gorgeous, and it works with many different home decor styles.
$44.95 Save 22%
Pros: One of the best things about this stainless steel bowl is its versatility. It can be used for more than just saladit keeps hot soups warmer longer, its a great serving bowl for cold items like shrimp cocktail, and it can be used for just about everything in between. It holds up to a gallon of food or liquid. Plus, its dishwasher-safe, so its great for busy families.
Cons: It doesnt come with a lid.
Bottom Line: If you want a salad bowl that does it all, this may be the bowl for you. Its insulated to hold hot or cold items and maintain their temperature.
Cons: Its a little slippery, which can be dangerous because its also breakable. If youre clumsy, you might want to go for a metal or wooden bowl instead.
+ Easy & Healthy Salad Recipes
by Lisa Bryandisclosure policyJump to Recipe
These easy and healthy salad recipes make the best of fresh seasonal produce. Theyre filled with bright flavors and a variety of delicious textures. Whether youre looking for a snappy lunch salad or a large dinner party salad, this list has something for everyone.
Don’t Miss: Container To Keep Salad Fresh
The Crowd Favorite Ceramic Bowl
Look, our team really, really, really loves ceramics, so trust us when we say that East Forks bowls are thee It-Bowl that will impress all your friends and guests. East Forks pottery vessels are handcrafted in Asheville, North Carolina and are dishwasher and microwave safe, so not only are theyre beautiful to look at but theyre easy to clean up too.
Large Plastic Salad Bowls
- Fiesta® Dinnerware from Steelite International88Fineline104Hall China by Steelite International15Homer Laughlin by Steelite International18HS Inc.3
- Only show parts and accessories84
- Search Within Results
Large plastic salad bowls are excellent serving and dining options for off-site dining events like weddings, work parties, and more. We offer large catering serving bowls that you can use on self-serve lines or right on your customers’ tables, offering them delicious and healthy pre-dinner sides. Plus, because they’re made of plastic, your staff can throw away each bowl after it’s used.
Many of our large plastic salad bowls are designed with clear exteriors so you can give customers the full view of their salad at all times. In addition, they’re available in different designs ranging from traditional round bowls to designer styles. With so many large serving bowls for catering, you’re sure to find the products that work for your business.
Get our latest deals and more.
Read Also: Best Salad Dressing For Dialysis Patients
Strova Bamboo Salad Bowl
It has an 11-inches salad serving bowl and two salad hands which makes it simple to pick up, serve as well as enjoy fresh salad. It is also crafted with wood bamboo which is eco-friendly, long lasting and appears good in your dining room or kitchen. Additionally, it can be utilized for all kinds of chicken salad, potato salad, nuts, appetizers, fruits, and many more.
You May Like: Salad Dressing On The Keto Diet
Why You Will Love This Salad
This is crowd-pleasing Big Cuban Salad is one of our favorite summer potluck and barbecue dishes.
The first time we took this Big Cuban Salad to a gathering, I wasn’t sure how it would be received. People at parties tend to stick with what they know often leaving new, unfamiliar foods on the buffet table.
As it turned out, I had no reason to stress. We left the party with an empty bowl: our Big Cuban Salad was a huge hit!
There are a lot of reasons to love this big Cuban salad:
- It’s full of fresh, colorful, clean ingredients.
- All the components can be made well ahead of time.
- It travels well.
- It’s delicious whether you serve it with warm ingredients or cold.
- The sauces are delicious as stand-alone dressings for all kinds of veggies, salads, and bowls.
- It’s vegetarian, and vegan-friendly.
- Did I mention? It’s a great potluck dish!
Don’t Miss: What Kind Of Salad Dressing Is Keto Friendly
How To Make Sure You Choose The Right Large Plastic Salad Serving Bowl
If you are an early or new user, it might be difficult for you to find the proper large plastic salad serving bowl. You might be unaware of certain facets of the large plastic salad serving bowl that you might have been thinking about. But we are here to help you out with that! The recommendations below might be helpful in your chase:
A Salad Bowl Set For Each Guest At Your Table
- Dimensions: 7 x 7 x 2.4 inches
Here is a set of wooden salad bowls for individual portions at your table. Each of the four bowls holds 0.6 quarts, enough for a hearty serving of salad. The natural grain and earthy shade of these acacia wood bowls bring warmth to any tablescape.
A layer of food-grade oil on each bowl enhances their durability, smoothness, and resistance to absorbing water. Keep in mind these bowls should be washed by hand and kept out of the dishwasher, microwave, freezer, or oven. For an upgrade, consider these wooden salad bowls from a different brand with a more defined wood grain just note they’re slightly smaller and rounder.
A helpful review: “Really like how these look and the shape/size of them is really nice compared to a standard bowl set that comes with most plate/bowl sets. Overall a bit larger and wider than a standard bowl. Really like them for salads. Easy to clean as well.”
Read Also: Salad Dressing Without Xanthan Gum
The Best Salad Recipes With Chicken
From baked to grilled and even shredded, theres so many ways to add chicken to your salad. The key here is to nail down how you cook the chicken and how its presented in each bowl. Heres a few favorites:
- Mandarin Chicken Salad: Shredded chicken marinated in a lemon vinaigrette is piled high with sweet mandarins, avocado, and crunchy toppings. The perfect throw-together salad.
- Southwest Chicken Salad: If earthy, bold flavors are your jam, this salad will have you salivating. Cilantro lime chicken is topped on a bed of greens, tomatoes, corn, beans, onions, and drizzled with a creamy avocado dressing.
- Greek Chicken Salad: Think Greek side salad turned into a hearty main dish. Its all the flavors you love, plus savory chicken.
- Cobb Salad: This classic American salad makes the most of simple ingredients like poached chicken, eggs, avocado, and of course, bacon.
Mh Zone Bamboo Salad Bowl Set
It is made from organic bamboo which will never leak or split. It is also smooth to touch and simple to clean. As well, it can be used for pasta salad, popcorn, chips or salads, and makes your favorite food look ideal. In addition, it can be utilized for everything from a small gathering of friends for movie night to an elegant dinner party. Moreover, it is an ideal gift for housewarming, holiday, thanksgiving, Christmas, wedding, and many more.
Also Check: Good Seasons Salad Dressing Bottle
A Unique Glass Bowl For Serving Big Salads
- Dimensions: 9 x 9 x 5 inches
The best glass serving bowl stands out with straight rather than curved edges, giving it the look of an elegant serving bowl that won’t be confused for a glass mixing bowl. The hand-blown glass displays each layer of a carefully-prepared salad, and this large bowl holds an impressive 5.2 quarts.
Plus, this highly rated and dishwasher-safe serving bowl works beautifully for other dishes, like trifles, layered dips, or desserts.
A helpful review: âI bought two. And am glad I did. I gave one for Christmas. They love it and so do I. It is VERY thick, classy and makes your salad look divine. It is dishwasher safe and should last many years.â