Apple Grape Chicken Salad
Hey Everyone! Welcome back to Turnips 2 Tangerines. Todays recipe is made with leftover boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I made in the air fryer. After a few scorching days here in Wisconsin, and no air conditioning in my kitchen, my air fryer came to the rescue once again. Even though an air fryer gives off heat, its not the same as having your oven on at 400 degrees for an extended period of theme. Plus cooking times are much shorter in an air fryer which reduces the heat also. Apple Grape Chicken Salad is super delicious.
Poached Chicken For Chicken Salad
Poaching chicken breasts is one of the easiest ways to cook chicken, and takes very little time. Its also very flexible, in that you can season the poaching liquid in any sort of way, with whatever herbs and aromatics you have around. to see how to prepare perfect poached chicken breasts every time.
Poached Chicken Salad with Grapes: This old-school classic is a perfect lunch any time, any place. So simple to make, juicy and delicious.
What Is Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is a general name for all the mixed salads made with chicken as the main ingredient. People usually add an additional mixture of vegetables, fruits, and nuts to work in the background.
The veggie mix in a chicken salad may vary greatly between cuisines, based upon regional customs and cultural differences.
Chicken salad can be served with or without the involvement of a binder . The dressing used in a chicken salad can either be cream-based or mustard-based.
Don’t Miss: Oxo Good Grips Salad Spinner Large
Lets Make Chicken Salad With Grapes
Seriously guys, making this chicken salad is so easy basically, all you have to do is chop up the ingredients, mix, and chill! Here are the steps in order:
How To Cook Chicken For Chicken Salad
I always try to cook at least one chicken breast for a salad to enjoy throughout the week. You can use leftover roasted chicken or rotisserie chicken in this salad recipe. I cook mine in my Instant Pot pressure cooker because it takes only 8 minutes. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Cool completely on a cutting board, then cut into 1/2 cubes.
You May Like: Does Chicken Salad Chick Delivery
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy: The most difficult part of this recipe is slicing the grapes. Its seriously so simple!
- Quick: All you have to do is slice the grapes, make the dressing, and toss them together. This is ready in less than 10 minutes!
- No cooking: Keep the grill, oven, and stove off for this one! All you need is a chopping board and a bowl.
- Perfect anytime: This grape salad recipe is perfect as a side dish, but also as a snack or a healthy dessert option. It really tastes like a treat!
- Kid-friendly: There are never any leftovers when I make this recipe! My kids devour it as soon as it reaches the dinner table.
How To Make This Chicken Salad With Grapes & Celery
The first thing youll want to do is cook your chicken if youre not using leftover chicken breasts. You can do this quickly by bringing a pot of salted water to a boil, and placing the chicken in it to poach. Poaching chicken this way takes about 12 minutes, give or take a few minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts. You can also bake it on a baking sheet on 350 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes. If youre needing to cook the chicken, take that time to chop the grapes, celery, onion and parsley.
Next, youll dice the chicken breasts. You can also shred it instead. This is more of a preference, so do it as you like best! Then prep the vegetables and grapes by dicing. Add the chicken and produce into a large mixing bowl as you go, and then once everything is chopped, add in the mayo, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Stir everything really well until its evenly combined and coated with the mayo. Give it a taste and add more salt or pepper as desired. Personally, I like to salt and pepper more right before I eat a serving, but its a very individual preference for chicken salad!
Thats all there is to it. Youll want to place the chicken salad into the refrigerator for at least a half hour prior to eating to let it chill and let the flavors marinade together. Serve over greens, in lettuce cups or wraps, or with sliced bell peppers or cucumbers!
Read Also: Chicken Salad Chick Low Carb
Cook Chicken In The Instant Pot
- Temper the meat. Remove the chicken breasts from the fridge 20 to 30 minutes before cooking to bring them to room temperature.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the electric pressure cooker and pour in the chicken broth or water.
- Place the raw skinless chicken breasts on the trivet. DO NOT SALT.
- Close the Instant Pot and press the pressure cook button. It will take 7 to 8 minutes for the pot to reach full pressure.
- Cook the chicken on high pressure for 5 to 9 minutes, depending on the breast size. The cook time depends on the thickness of the meat. Breasts that are 2 inches thick take about 6 or 7 minutes to cook.
- Let the Instant Pot do a natural release when the chicken has finished cooking. Use a meat thermometer to check the chicken temperature. According to the Food and Drug Administration, chicken should cook to an internal temperature of 165°F . However, the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service teaches that temperature + time = cooked chicken. See their poultry cooking chart.For example, chicken is cooked when it reaches 155°F and is held at that temperature for 54.4 seconds. If you cook chicken and it reaches 165°F or over, it is overdone. And you will know it when you taste it.What happens if you check the temperature, and it is much too low? See my notes below.
- Let the chicken rest on a cutting board for 5 to 8 minutes. This allows it to reabsorb its moisture and cool down enough to process.
Whole30 Chicken Salad Ingredients
You only need a few fresh ingredients and a few pantry staple ingredients to make this classic chicken salad. Youll need a few stalks of celery, red grapes, 2 large chicken breasts , red onion, red wine vinegar , salt, pepper and mayo. I use the Whole30 Approved mayo from Primal Kitchen, which you can get on their website, Thrive Market or , along with most major grocery stores. You can also make your own really easily using this homemade mayo recipe.
You May Like: Simple Potato Salad Recipe With Eggs
How Do You Serve Chicken Salad With Grapes
There is no wrong way to eat this easy chicken salad. It all depends on what you are in the mood for.
Eating Keto? Cut the bread and eat it on a salad. Want a snack? Enjoy the chicken salad with pretzels. Eating on the go? Stuff it in a tortilla and fold it up.
- Bread, Crescent Rolls, Hawaiian Rolls
- Crackers, Pretzels
- Tortilla Shells
How To Make Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad
Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad is a delicious salad that combines the best of all worlds. Its sweet, savory, and crunchy. Plus, its super easy to makeand you can use any fruit in your fridge!
The grape salad is made with grapes, which add a sweet flavor and texture to the mix. The chickpeas and almonds add protein, while the poppy seeds give it some texture. The dressing is a creamy mixture of mayonnaise, buttermilk, and Greek yogurt and its super easy to whip up!
You May Like: Dixie Chick Chicken Salad Chick
How To Make Shredded Chicken
Whenever I share a chicken salad recipe, there are always lots of questions about the chicken. In our house, 99% of the time I am using a rotisserie chicken. It’s just the easiest option and super affordable. However, you can also make your chicken from scratch. Here are the two main ways I would suggest making shredded:
- Slow Cooker: Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker. Season it with salt and pepper. Cook it on low for 3-4 hours until cooked through but not dry. Shred once it is cool. Most chicken breast has enough liquid that there is no need to add any extra cooking liquid. If you are worried about your chicken breast burning, you can add 1/2 cup of chicken broth or water.
- Poaching: Place the chicken breast in a large pot and cover it with water so there is an inch of water above the chicken. Add any seasoning you like to the water. Bring it to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the chicken continue to cook in the water for 15 minutes. Do not open the lid until the end of the cooking process. Let cool and shred.
More Chicken Salad Recipes
Prep Time: Total Time:
The BEST Chicken Salad recipe ever! This creamy chicken salad is loaded with red grapes, dried cranberries, green onions, celery, and chopped pecans for a deliciously savory-sweet combo that’s sure to become your new go-to!
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Also Check: Best Salad Toppings For Weight Loss
A Tasty Chicken Salad Recipe
Now that things are warming up I’m starting to make some of my favorite spring and summer recipes and one is this delicious Grape Chicken Salad! Do not let the grapes turn you away, this is really what makes this Chicken Salad one of a kind and super flavorful. This can also be eaten a variety of ways – in lettuce cups, wraps, as a sandwich, etc. If you want to change up your chicken salad routine, you need to make this Grape Chicken Salad recipe.
Chicken Salad With Grapes And Pecans
Easy Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans is a creamy chicken salad recipe using cooked chicken and fresh ingredients. But the real treat is the taste! This southern chicken salad recipe is fresh, delicious, and so satisfying- it really is the best chicken salad with grapes I have ever made.
Try it as a chicken salad sandwich with a side of salty potato chips. Or use an ice cream scoop and pile the creamy goodness on a bed of lettuce with a hearty scoop of Greek Potato Salad. Then add a glass of Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop with or without the vodka, and you have a refreshing, light afternoon meal!
My classic chicken salad is sure to be your new spring and summer favorite recipe. The red seedless grapes add a touch of fresh sweetness, while the creamy dressing and the tender pieces of chicken pull together the rest of the cold salad recipe.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Cesar Salad
Recipe Ideas For Chicken Salad With Grapes
Once you start making this recipe and see how adding red grapes to chicken salad is something you want to do all the time, you’ll also want to experiment with some variations of this recipe. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Add curry: Try adding some curry powder to your chicken salad to add some spice and heat. The warm flavors of the curry powder work great with the sweetness of the grapes.
- Add walnuts: For some crunch, consider tossing in some chopped walnuts. You could also try chopped or sliced almonds, cashews, or sunflower seeds.
- Add poppy seeds: Another option for some extra crunch is to use poppy seeds.
- Add dill: Instead of tarragon, switch things up with some fresh or dried dill instead. It adds a ton of freshness to the dish.
- Add pineapple: Think outside of the box and add some chopped fresh or canned pineapple. It adds a lot of sweetness and it completely unexpected.
- Add apples: For even more sweetness and crunch, add some diced apples to your chicken salad with grapes.
What If My Chicken Salad Has Too Much Dill
If you make it and feel like the flavor of dill is overwhelming, here are a few things you can do to salvage your chicken salad recipe.
- Give it time. Dill is actually an herb that looses strength over time. Refrigerate the chicken salad overnight, and the flavor of the dill may be toned down enough for it to be palatable for you.
- Add more of the other ingredients to tone down the flavor.
- Vinegar can neutralize the flavor of dill. Stir in 1 tablespoon of vinegar at a time to the dill chicken salad until you like the taste.
Read Also: Easy To Make Salad Dressing
Smoked Chicken Salad With Grapes
Smoked Chicken Salad with Grapes is the most delicious way to enjoy leftover chicken. So quick and easy to make, this smoky twist on classic chicken salad makes the perfect lunch or dinner.
This post first appeared over at Noshing With The Nolands where Im a contributor.
Ive made the basic chicken salad recipe for YEARS whenever I have leftover Roast Chicken handy. However, one day I had the idea to use some of our leftover Smoked Chicken Thighs instead. Wow! What a flavour boost!
I absolutely love how the smoky flavour contrasts with the sweetness of the grapes while the creamy dressing counteracts the crunch of the celery. Theres so much flavour packed into one little sandwich!
How To Make Grape Salad From Chicken Salad Chick
I followed the recipe exactly except I added a good bit more grapes. The original recipe had way too much cream cheese mixture and not enough grapes. I went back to the store for more grapes and that made it perfect. Let me tell you, this stuff is like crack. It is SO good! Cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, sour cream and grapes topped with brown sugar and pecans. This is my kind of salad! This makes a lot, so it is perfect for a crowd . Make it today you wont regret it!
Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this grape salad:
You May Like: What Goes Good With Tuna Salad
How To Toast Pecans
To toast pecans for this Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans, you have two options: In the oven or on the stovetop .
Oven: Preheat the oven to 325°F. While that warms up, line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spread the nuts in a single, not-too-crowded layer, on the prepared sheet pan. Bake until the nuts begin to smell fragrant and appear slightly browner about 5 to 8 minutes.
Stovetop: Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Spread the nuts in a single layer. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 to 6 minutes or until the nuts are fragrant and lightly toasted.
Allow the toasted nuts to cool enough to handle chop into small pieces to add 1 cup to this chicken salad recipe with grapes and pecans, then transfer the rest to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to two weeks or freeze in a freezer-safe zip-top bag for up to four months.
Copycat Chicken Salad Chicks Grape Salad
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Copycat Chicken Salad Chicks Grape Salad this stuff is like crack. It is SO good! Cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, sour cream and grapes topped with brown sugar and pecans. Perfect for a crowd brunch, baby shower, office potluck, cookout, tailgating, holiday breakfast. SO easy and CRAZY good! Can make ahead and refrigerate.
Remember this recipe.
This Spring I went to an Auburn University Womans Football Camp with my friend, Becky. It was an all-day event held at the University Athletic Complex. It was a lot of fun.
For lunch, at the football camp, we were served Chicken Salad Chick. It is a hometown company and people love their chicken salad. The only disappointment with the meal was that there was no Grape Salad. Everyone was talking about how good it was and that they were sad they didnt serve it at lunch. Ive never eaten Chicken Salad Chicks Grape Salad, so I went in search of a recipe. I found a post on the Internet that said it was the official recipe straight from Chicken Salad Chick. It headed to the store to get the ingredients.
Read Also: Gorham Melon Bud Salad Fork