Make Pineapple Pulled Pork Sandwiches
OK, your pineapple pulled pork has been bubbling away in the slow-cooker for a few hours, and your house is starting to smell really, really, really good. Time to think about what itll take to help that pulled pork reach its ultimate purposeto fill the best ever pulled pork sandwiches! Heres what to do:
Other Recipes To Serve With Broccoli Salad
- Stuffed Pepper Soup Because I used to get broccoli salad at Sweet Tomatoes, I always crave it with a hot bowl of soup!
- Bacon Ranch Chicken This is the best salad recipe to pair with heavy entrees like Bacon Ranch Chicken because it is so cool and refreshing!
- Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole Sometimes I feel like I need a pop of color on the plate when Im serving a casserole and an easy broccoli salad is the perfect fix.
Broccoli Pasta Salad With Eggs & Sunflower Seeds
Pack in protein, carbohydrate and vitamins with this broccoli, pasta and eggs dish, a healthy vegetarian lunch to keep you going on a busy afternoon
A speedy pasta salad with Mediterranean flavours – perfect for packed lunches
A hearty Asian-style veggie main-course salad, bursting with flavour
You May Like: What Is The Best Tuna For Tuna Salad
How To Make Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
For the most part just chopping and dicing are involved in making raw broccoli and cauliflower salad. Unlike a our other Cauliflower Salad Recipe, this dish doesnt require cooking the cauliflower. Heres the process:
For best results, I recommend you toss with the dressing and let sit before serving. It will help the flavors blend and the ingredients to meld, especially if you make it in advance.
Were Going To Let You In On A Pulled Pork Seasoning Tip
And that tip is canned, crushed pineapple. Not only is it the glorious sweet-savory combination of rich pork and fragrant pineapple the defining flavor of this dish, the canned, crushed pineapple works a special tenderizing magic on the pulled pork as it simmers away in your Crock-Pot. Pineapple is quite acidic, and somuch like Dr. Pepper, another popular pulled pork seasoningit works to break the pork down as it cooks, ensuring that your finished pork is absolutely falling apart and perfectly juicy. In addition to salt, pepper and pineapple, our pulled pork gets cooked with:
- Tamari or soy sauce
You May Like: Monkey Pod Salad Bowl Set
What Is In Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad could also be called broccoli slaw, since its very similar to cole slaw in that it features a raw vegetable from the brassica family, tossed in a creamy, mayo-based dressing. Our easy broccoli salad recipe is classic, through and through! Youll need:
- Raw broccoli florets. Yep, no need to blanch broccoli for this salad. No-cook summer salads FTW!
- Bacon. Cooked until crispy, then minced.
- Raw red onion, also minced.
- Sunflower seeds, for crunch. Look for the unsalted kind.
- Raisins. Sounds weird, but their hint of sweetness and toothsome chewiness is a great foil for the super-crunch of the raw broccoli.
How To Make Vegan Broccoli Salad
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- Add apple cider vinegar, light brown sugar, vegan mayonnaise, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add broccoli florets, chopped red onion, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and sun dried tomatoes to a separate mixing bowl and toss together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together until well mixed.
- Place the salad into the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recommended Reading: Olive Garden Soup And Salad Dinner Deal
What Pairs With Broccoli Salad
From picnics in the park to backyard cookouts and everything in between, this broccoli salad recipe is one that we turn to anytime were invited to a summer party. Its cold, crunchy, creamy and satisfyingplus, its a great way to sneak a green vegetable onto that chip-and-burger covered gingham table. Try pairing it with:
How To Lighten Up Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad certainly isnt health food, but there are a few modifications you can make to make it a bit less fattening. Ive found that when people see broccoli salad they think theyre getting something healthy, so if thats what youre looking for, there are a few modifications you can try.
- Instead of using regular mayo, use one made with olive oil. Im very picky about the type of mayo that I use and cant stand the taste of reduced fat . Ive found that using olive oil mayo in my broccoli salad recipe gives you all of the same creaminess and flavor while saving a few calories.
- You can replace some or all of the sour cream with plain Greek yogurt.
- Using pre-cooked bacon will save time and fat and calories. Make sure youre using real bacon pieces and not imitation flavored bits. These are usually found in the salad dressing aisle and should say that theyre real bacon on the packaging. Ive also found that this bacon holds up best to the moisture from the broccoli salad.
Keep in mind that ultimately broccoli salad is meant to be an indulgent side dish, and not health food!
OK, I hope I didnt lose you with all of the broccoli photos!
Also Check: Soy Vay Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing Recipe
The Best Potatoes For Potato Salad
Depending on where you live, versions of potato salad can vary based on preference and location .
The best potatoes for potato salad are either Russet or Yukon gold because they stay firmer longer after theyve been boiled . If using thin-skinned potatoes, you can leave a few of the skins on to save the step of peeling.
Easy Broccoli Salad Recipe
Where some visitors to a new city or town search out the best restaurants, bars, or bakeries, youll find me scouting out grocery stores and specialty food shops. I may not even need groceries, have a kitchen on hand, or be planning to cook at all, but a visit lets me know what might be available should I happen to be in need.
What is wrong with me??
One of my beeline destinations is the grocery store deli case. Thats where youll see me peering over toddlers muddying the glass with their chubby little hands as I look for ideas of what people are really eating. Because if a grocery store is going to give space for a salad, side, or main in the ready-made case, its likely that its a dish people are gonna want.
Broccoli salad is one of those recipes I see time and time again in deli cases across the land. But let us not think these salads are all created equal. Hardly.
You May Like: Who Has The Best Chicken Salad
A Salad With A Reputation
You may have tried a broccoli salad recipe before if you ever ate at Souplantation or Sweet Tomatoes or even if you shop at Costco. This salad is so well known because it is seriously that delicious!
Of course, there are other delicious ways to prepare and eat broccoli, like Bacon Broccoli Slaw and Parmesan Roasted Broccoli which are two of my favorite recipes!
How To Make Southern Potato Salad
This simple southern-style potato salad is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Taste and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Also Check: Extra Large Salad Serving Bowl
How To Make Broccoli Salad
To take out the raw bite of the broccoli, I bring a teapot of water to a boil then pour the water over the broccoli and stir it for about 15 to 30 seconds or until the broccoli turns a bright green. Then I quickly drain it and plunge into ice water to stop the broccoli from cooking for about 10 minutes or so. A quick spin in the salad spinner or some time in the refrigerator dries the florets so that the broccoli salad dressing will coat the florets.
Once the broccoli is dry, its a simple matter of whisking together the healthy broccoli salad dressing and stirring everything together in a big bowl.
I prefer serving this easy broccoli salad cold, so I always let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving it. Its time in the fridge also helps the flavors in this healthy broccoli salad come together.
Tips For Making The Best Broccoli Salad
Be sure to buy pineapple tidbits packed in juice and not the kind packed in heavy syrup. Read the ingredients to make sure youve picked up the right can.
If youre not a huge fan of red onion, rinse it under cold water after youve chopped it to remove its harsh bite. Pat the onion dry before mixing into the broccoli salad and prepare to be amazed at your new love for red onion.
Ive only made this cold broccoli salad recipe as written, but I bet itd still taste delish with vegan mayonnaise. I prefer the real stuff, but if youre bringing this to a potluck it might be a good idea to bring something everyone can eat.
Recommended Reading: Fruit Salad Tree For Sale
Whats The Best Cut For Pulled Pork
Pork shoulder is the most classic cut of pork to use for making pulled pork and its our go-to. Its also the preferred cut of most great BBQ joints, and who are we to question the greats!? If you cant get your hands on a pork shoulder, pork butt, aka Boston butt works great, too. Both pork shoulder and Boston butt are cuts of pork that are inherently fatty and toughin other words, they really lend themselves to a good, long, low, and slow cook.
Has Our Homemade Potato Salad Recipe Won You Over
Save your breath and spare us the heated arguments…we know your Nana is an amazing cook! Just do us a favor and make our classic potato salad and then tell us all about how you think it compares to the one youve been eating for years. And, when you do, just go ahead and snap a picture and post it to Instagram tagging and #themodernproper so we can see how it turned out. Happy eating !
Read Also: Walden Farms Calorie Free Salad Dressing
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Ingredients
Its easy to find ingredients for this broccoli cauliflower salad recipe year round. I love a delicious honey mustard dressing for this recipe. Heres your shopping list:
- Broccoli & Cauliflower: I leave these raw to give a good crisp crunch. You can roast them if youd prefer.
- Remember that raw cauliflower is extra crunchy so try to cut the pieces fairly small so its easy to eat.
You can certainly leave out the bacon if you wish, or substitute chopped walnuts or pecans for the slivered almonds, any of which are an amazing addition to your broccoli and cauliflower salad.
How To Make Broccoli Salad:
This cold broccoli salad is the best thing everit knocks other cold summer salads out of the park, because theres basically no cooking required. Heres how to whip up the best broccoli salad ever:
You May Like: Fat Free Low Sodium Salad Dressing
Tips And Tricks For The Best Potato Salad:
Method matters! Follow these pointers when making our easy potato salad recipe for a winner every time!
- Go for a waxy potato variety. We prefer Yukon Golds, but red potatoes work well, too. These hold their shape best and have a firm texture.
- Scrub your Yukon Gold potatoes before you peel and chop them. Because their skin is thin, theres no need to peel them, but you dont want any grit.
- Cut the potatoes into even, two-inch pieces. Theyll cook more evenly if theyre all the same size.
- Boil the potatoes for ten minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. As soon as theyre cooked, run them under cold water immediately to stop the cooking.
- Dont skimp on the herbs! Finely chopped fresh chives play beautifully against the creaminess of this salad.
Fresh Broccoli Salad With Bacon
If you are looking for a fresh salad to serve up at your next dinner this Broccoli Salad with Bacon is a must-try.
Summer is in full swing here and if you are anything like us you are giving your BBQ a workout!
Now that were settled in the new house and have purchased patio furniture, we are fully enjoying dinners outside as a family.
Every now and then we like to switch up our basic garden and Caesar salads for something less traditional.
Read Also: Chicken Salad Chick Owensboro Ky
Miso Broccoli Egg & Quinoa Salad
Pack a lunch that will power you through the afternoon with this healthy miso and lime-dressed salad with broccoli, peas, boiled egg and radishes. It’s tasty and full of goodness
Serve a vibrant, crunchy and extra-nutritious vegetable salad with tasty mackerel packed with omega-3
Lets Break This Down A Little
For this recipe, I call for about 8 cups of raw broccoli florets. For me, that was about 3 medium-sized heads of broccoli, which equated to about 2 1/2 pounds.
Now some recipes call for you to blanch the broccoli first, but I think its just one extra step thats not necessary. That being said, if blanching is your thing, a quick 45 to 60 second dunk in salted boiling water should do the trick. Just be sure to immediately plunge the broccoli in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Then make sure the broccoli is super dry before adding it to the salad. Extra water on the broccoli can make for a runny dressing.
Yall know I like easy, so I opted to use a bag of chopped real bacon from the grocery store rather than cooking my own. Just be sure to get the real stuff, not imitation bacon bits. If youre feeling super ambitious and want to cook your own bacon, youll need to cook about 16 slices or 1 pound of bacon to crisp, then drain, and crumble to create 1 cup of crumbled bacon. Hey, yall know I love me some bacon.
When it comes to the cheese, I want to actually see it and taste it, so I avoid the finely shredded cheese and go with thick cut shredded sharp cheddar.
And while were talking about the dressing, I do like mine a touch sweet, but not too sweet. If you like it sweeter, its super easy to add a little more white sugar to suit your taste.
Read Also: Grape Salad Chicken Salad Chick
Pairs Well With Barbecues Pool Parties And Sparklers
Broccoli salad is pure retro, cold salad comfort food, just waiting for you to bring it to your next summer party! Sure, its coated in a mayonnaise-based dressingwhat summer salad isnt?but its made with broccoli instead of macaroni or potatoes, so you can go ahead and pile those paper plates high with this bacon-y, onion-y easy broccoli salad.
Tips For The Best Creamy Broccoli Salad
- Wash your broccoli ahead of time if possible, this helps to ensure it drains well.
- This gives the broccoli a chance to soak in some of the dressing, resulting in an even more flavorful salad!
- Allow time for the recipe to chill in the fridge. This gives the broccoli a chance to soak in some of the dressing, resulting in an even more flavorful salad!
Don’t Miss: Carbs In Ranch Salad Dressing