Ingredients For Tuna Salad
The ingredients for tuna salad are as follows:
- Tuna Canned solid chunk white albacore tuna in water, completely drained.
- Hard boiled eggs We love the addition of chopped up perfect hard boiled eggs in our tuna salad. So good!
- Potato chips Crushed sour cream and onion potato chips add awesome flavor and crunch to the mixture.
- Pickle relish Feel free to use dill or sweet pickle relish, depending on your preference.
- Scallions For a subtle peppery onion flavor and pop of color.
- Mayonnaise The base for the creamy dressing.
- Mustard Provides a nice tanginess.
- Seasonings Salt, pepper, onion powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
How To Make A Tuna Melt Sandwich
- Place the bread and tuna on the skillet. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and butter both outer sides of each slice of whole wheat bread. Place one buttered slice of bread onto the hot skillet and lay a generous layer of the tuna salad mixture on top.
- Add the cheese. Then place a slice of cheese then place the other buttered piece of bread on top.
- Flip it. Once the bottom of the tuna melt is golden brown, flip it over and brown the other side the same way. Remove the tuna melt from heat and consume while warm.
Tuna Egg Salad Sandwich
Tuna Egg Salad Sandwich. A delicious creamy tuna sandwich that is easy to make and only takes 7 ingredients. A perfect idea for lunch or a snack!
I love a good tuna sandwich. They’re simple and really quick to make. They almost take no time at all and this recipe only takes 10 minutes of your precious time!
They are also a fantastic sandwich filler for meal prep! So you can make this in advance and have it throughout the week. It usually lasts 4-5 days in a sealed container.
My sandwich is really yummy thanks to the fresh scallions or green onions and the hard boiled eggs. It definitely makes this sandwich more filling because you’re getting more protein. I honestly think this is the best tuna egg salad sandwich I’ve ever made and I’m excited to share it with you.
I also share many other sandwich recipes below so don’t forget to check them out below!
Read Also: Trader Joes Vegan Salad Dressing
The Best Tuna Salad With Egg Recipe
This tuna salad with egg recipe is loaded with flavor, and quite simply itâs the best tasting tuna salad youâll ever have!
- 3largehard boiled eggschopped
- 5oz.canned tunadrained
- Â¼cuppecan pieces
- Â¼cupchopped celery
- Â¼cupchopped red onion
- 2Tbspplain Greek yogurt
- Â¼tsponion powder
- Â¼tspblack pepper
Perfect Sandwich Recipe For Potlucks
A super easy sandwich recipe that is perfect for picnics, potlucks and family gatherings. This is an easy recipe and is great to make ahead of time. Just store the tuna and egg salad in a container, keep it cold and then when everyone is ready to for lunch, stir it one more time, and make the sandwiches. No soggy bread and like I mentioned, these tuna and egg sandwiches are perfect for any get together.
You May Like: Chicken Salad Chick Decatur Al
Easy Tuna Salad With Egg
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This Tuna Salad with Egg is simple to make and tastes great. Its a high protein spin on the classic tuna salad recipe, and its so easy to make using ingredients from your pantry and fridge.
Use it to make it into a tuna salad sandwich or dip veggies and crackers into it. Theres basically no wrong way to use this easy recipe!
How To Tell If Eggs Are Fresh
To tell if eggs in the shell are fresh, use the float test:
- Place eggs in the shell in a pot or bowl of water. Fresh eggs sink to the bottom. Older eggs may stand up in the water, but not float. These are still safe to eat. Eggs that float should be discarded.
- Peeled hard-boiled eggs, whether whole or in salads, can keep in the refrigerator for only about 3-4 days.
Did you know? Eggs and many fresh products like milk are still safe and wholesome after the sell-by date stamped on the container. Some states require these stamps, while others dont, so you might not see a date. To save money and avoid waste, use the sell by or expiration date on your packages as a guideline.
The United States Department of Agriculture advises that eggs in the shell can keep for three to five weeks after the purchase date. They should always be stored inside the carton and not on the door.
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Tasty Salad
How To Make This Tuna Sandwich
- Mix the ingredients. In a bowl combine the tuna, chopped egg, chopped onion, mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper.
- Assemble the sandwich. Spread mayonnaise on both slices of toasted organic whole wheat bread. Then begin assembling the tuna salad sandwich in this order 1 slice whole wheat bread, tuna salad mixture, lettuce, tomato, and the second bread slice.
How To Make Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe With Egg
Whipping up a batch of this tuna salad recipe is seriously SO simple that it will likely become one of your new favorite lunches! Heres how to make it in the comfort of your own kitchen: StirIn a bowl, add the tuna and flake it to separate it with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise thoroughly. Add in all remaining ingredients and mix them well until everything is combined. ServeServe the salad on lettuce or bread and enjoy. DEVOUR!
The Perfect Egg Salad Tuna Sandwich
Though you consider yourself spontaneous or inventive with your weekday lunches, there are times we crave for a simple egg salad tuna sandwich.
I know its one of my comfort food and its been ages since I made my last egg tuna salad sandwich. How about you, when was the last time you had an egg tuna salad?
My husband loves tuna sandwich for his lunch, and as for him, an egg tuna salad is merely a mix of mayonnaise, black pepper, and hes good to go.
But for me, I want my sandwich to have some crunch to balance the mayo, so I added sweet pickle relish and chopped onions .
I like the taste of sweet and sour pickle relish though maybe some of you never tried, trust me, you should try it they add something extra to each bite.
Surely, sandwiches are just one of the options you can make with this egg tuna salad. You can add macaroni on it for a side dish, or you can nibble it on top of crackers which is also one of my favorite afternoon snacks.
Making A Tuna Salad Sandwich:
To make the best tuna salad sandwich recipe, just drain the water from the tuna and put the tuna into a bowl. With a knife and a fork, chop the tuna up till it is all separated.
To the tuna, add the mayonnaise, relish, and onions, then chop everything together until the tuna is the desired texture that you like. Some people like it chunky and others, like us, like it chopped pretty fine. Both ways are delicious.
Don’t Miss: Low Sodium Caesar Salad Dressing
Video Result For Recipe For Tuna Salad With Egg
Tuna Salad Recipe with Egg
Tuna Egg Salad Sandwich ORIGINAL RECIPE
Homemade Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe / Tuna Egg Salad
Tuna and Egg Salad Recipe
Tuna Egg Salad Recipe
Spicy Potato Tuna Egg Salad Recipe
Tuna Avocado Egg Salad
Tuna And Egg Salad Recipe | How to make a creamy dip
Tuna Egg Salad/Easy tuna salad/Tuna Egg Salad Recipe
How Long Do Hard Boiled Eggs Last
You can store hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator for up to 1 week in a sealed container. Its best to keep the eggs still in their shell, which keeps them the freshest. So resist peeling the eggs until youre ready to eat them! Keep the unpeeled eggs in a dry, sealed container in the refrigerator.
Read Also: Modern Greek And Salad Bar
What To Serve With Your Sandwich
There are several things to serve with your tuna sandwich. Pickle spears is the first thing we think of to sit next to the sandwich. Potato chips gives a great crunch for your meal, potato salad, or even french fries. It’s all good!
- Yield:5 to 6 sandwiches 1x
- 3 cans white tuna, in water
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- bread of your choice
Low Calorie Tuna Salad Recipe With Egg Faq
What Kind of Tuna do I use for tuna salad recipe with egg?I recommend using canned tuna to make this recipe. Its light and flaky and has the perfect texture for your salad! You can find it in the canned meat section of your local supermarket.Is Canned Tuna Healthy?Yes, it absolutely is healthy! Fish is full of omega 3 and healthy fats, among so many other nutrients for your body to use to thrive!How do I serve Tuna Salad?This tuna and egg salad recipe can be served either on bread to make it a sandwich or on lettuce leaves for a low carb option! It can also be eaten with a fork or mixed up with lettuce in a bowl if thats more your style! Either way, it is absolutely delicious!How long does Tuna Salad last?This tuna and egg salad is a fantastic meal prep idea because it will last up to 5 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container. Bring it for lunch at the office or enjoy it at home with little to no prep work! Its absolutely fantastic, filling, energy-giving and delicious!
Read Also: How Do I Make Chicken Salad
What’s In This Tuna Salad Recipe
Tuna, eggs, and mayonnaise are the basic ingredients. You can add in all kinds of vegetables or just leave it as is for a nice low carb lunch. Or use it as a spread on your favorite bread or sandwich roll.
Note: Tuna does contain mercury. Here’s a good article with details from the FDA about mercury in tuna.
Made This Recipe And Loved It
If you could leave a star rating for my tuna and egg salad sandwich, I would greatly appreciate it Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Don’t Miss: Is Tuna Salad Good For Losing Weight
How To Make Tuna Salad With Egg
Once youve got your hard boiled eggs, making tuna salad with egg is a breeze! Heres the breakdown:
- Boil the eggs. See above! Its easiest to do this in advance and refrigerate the eggs until serving.
- Drain and flake the tuna. Drain a 5-ounce can of tuna and mash any big pieces with a fork.
- Chop the veggies. Finely chop celery, red onion, and dill pickles.
- Add the flavorings. Stir in the Greek yogurt, mayo and mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper. If you have Parmesan cheese on hand, add a sprinkle: it takes things up a notch!
How To Make Tuna Salad With Eggs
I am so excited to show you how to make tuna salad with eggs its just 3 easy steps!
- Step One: Mix some mayo, mustard, parsley, and paprika, until smooth.
- Step two: Add tuna, diced celery, pickles, and onions. Mix everything together and if you notice any large pieces of tuna, break them up.
- Step three: Fold in diced eggs.
Thats it! It is so effortless especially if you use a chopper for the veggies and eggs and super creamy and satisfying!
Read Also: Healthy Low Calorie Salad Dressing
Tips For The Most Delicious Tuna Salad
Tuna Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches
These Tuna Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches are quick to put together, make-ahead recipes that I perfect for lunch, snack, or lunch boxes. They are very filling, healthy, and full of nutrients, vitamins, and protein that will keep you full for a while.
You can make them keto by using lettuce and make them as Tuna Avocado Egg Lettuce wraps. Also, top crackers of your choice and serve as appetizers. Spread this salad on wheat or flour tortilla and serve as tortilla rolls. The possibilities are endless. I hope you enjoy many recipe choices in just one post!
Don’t Miss: Lactose Free Salad Dressing Recipes
What To Serve With A Tuna Salad Sandwich
There are endless ways of adding sides to your tuna sandwich. Here are a few serving options that might be great if youre packing this for a school or work lunch
- Celery is healthy and low-calorie addition that gives your lunch an extra crunch.
- Pickles give your tuna sandwich a little hint of sourness that finishes off the meal all too well.
- Apples If you like and sweet and crunchy kick, apples are a must!
- Chips potato chips are a classic sandwich side that never gets old.
Icons / Ellipsis / Ellipsis
Recommended Reading: If I Just Eat Salad Will I Lose Weight
Best Methods For Hard Boiled Eggs
To start with this tuna salad, youll need to hard boil some eggs. Its easiest to do this in advance and refrigerate the eggs until serving. The process takes about 30 minutes total, a little less with a pressure cooker. Here are our favorite methods for boiling eggs:
- Stovetop: Heres how to make perfect hard boiled eggs! Bring the eggs to a boil, then turn off the heat and wait for 15 minutes. Add to an ice bath for 10 to 15 minutes, and theyre ready to peel!
- Steamed: These Steamed Hard Boiled Eggs are the easiest to peel! All you need is a steamer basket.
- Instant Pot: Heres how to make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs! Youll pressure cook them on high for 9 minutes , then remove them to an ice bath for a few minutes to cool.
Brain Health And Cognition
The two main nutrients responsible for making eggs a key player in supporting brain health and cognition are lutein and choline.
Lutein is a carotenoid found in the yolk of eggs, and other foods. Newer research shows that lutein accumulates in the brain and higher levels of lutein are associated with improved academic performance in children and improved cognition in older adults. Some research also shows that the lutein in egg yolks is more readily absorbed than other lutein sources due to the fat content in eggs. Other sources of lutein include: green vegetables, like asparagus, kale, green beans, broccoli and spinach, orange pepper, pistachios, and corn.
Choline is essential for brain health. It plays a role in early brain development, both during pregnancy and after birth in young infants. Choline has been linked to brain development, neurotransmission, memory, and our ability to learn . Most Americans though, including pregnant women, do not consume enough choline . But, a balanced diet that includes eggs can help meet choline needs. Two large eggs provide almost 300 mg of choline â thatâs over half the daily AI of choline. Other food sources include: liver, beef, chicken, fish, nuts, beans, peas, Brussel sprouts, and wheat germ.
Also Check: Chicken Salad With Grapes Healthy
Tuna Egg Salad Variations
Mayo Want to make this diary-free or like mayo better? You can easily swap the Greek yogurt for mayo.
Avocado Yep, mashed avocado works great in place of the Greek yogurt as well! I use it for avocado egg salad all the time. It saves on calories and fat.
No dill? No worries! Feel free to use a different herb like parsley instead.