Variations Of This Recipe
- ONION not traditional in the Chick-Fil-A version, but I love to add a bit of grated onion or very finely minced yellow onion to my chicken salad. You wont need much! Another option is to mince some green onion or chives and toss those in the salad. You could also serve the chicken salad sandwiches with some sliced red onion as well.
- SWEETER you could add a 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar to the chicken salad if you prefer a sweeter version.
- DILL some folks dont like the sweetness of the sweet pickle relish, so feel free to try dill relish instead.
- LOW CARB if youd rather ditch the extra carbs and go bread-less, try picking up some Bibb lettuce and serving this chicken salad up in lettuce cups!
- BREAD OPTIONS I went with hearty whole wheat bread here since thats what Chick-Fil-A used to use, but my favorite way to have chicken salad is on a slightly toasted croissant. I take the croissant halves and heat them cut side down in a skillet thats been sprayed with cooking spray and heated over MED HIGH heat. Once theyre golden brown, I let them cool slightly and then make my sandwich. Toasted bagels are another great option .
What Is Polynesian Sauce Made Of
A delicious sweet and sour sauce with a strong, tangy flavor. Sugar, soybean oil, water, corn syrup, corn-cider vinegar, distilled vinegar, tomato paste, salt, paprika, mustard seed, modified cornstarch, beet juice, onion*, garlic*, xanthan gum, propylene glycol alginate, natural flavor *dehydrated.
What You Need For Original Chick
- Chicken breasts The original Chick fil recipe requires 4 chicken breasts. They can be grilled, or fried. I chose the grilled chicken breast.
- Celery adds great texture and amazing flavors to salads, especially cold ones. Celery is also used in tuna salad recipes, and many more.
- Sweet Pickle Relish This recipe is very similar to my grandmas chicken salad recipe. Its not good without sweet pickle relish. Many people love the sweet relish.It tastes just like the store-bought varieties.Because we like it, my simple chicken recipe uses dill relish cubes instead.
- Real Mayonnaise I would guess that Chick fil A spread used Hellmans mayonnaise or a restaurant mayonnaise. Because the recipe was not very specific, I didnt know for certain so I used Dukes mayonnaise. A mayonnaise with olive oil can be used to lighten things. You can also use half of plain Greek yogurt with the mayonnaise to lighten it.
- Hardboiled Eggs are another common ingredient in Southern-style chicken salads. They add real nice flavor and texture to the salad.
- Food Processor The original recipe required that you use a food processor. I used it here but it was too processed and didnt have the right texture. If you have a food processor, my suggestion is to first pulse the celery, then add in the chicken, and then pulse again. Alternately you can chop all the ingredients and mix them together.
Read Also: Disposable Salad Bowls With Lids Uk
How To Make Southwest Chicken Salad
Now, once you’ve got all your ingredients together, the rest of the recipe comes together in a snap.
And I know you want to dig into this salad ASAP, so let’s dive into the instructions!
STEP 1: MAKING THE SPICY CHICKEN
First things first, let’s prepare the chicken.
To start, pound the chicken breasts a few times with a meat tenderizer to flatten them. Then the chicken breasts in the pickle juice for 2-4 hours.
Now, you don’t absolutely have to marinate it, but it totally elevates the flavor of this chicken.
Next, combine the spices for the chicken – cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder – in a small bowl and give them a good mix.
Once the chicken breasts are done marinating, pat them dry with paper towels and spread sour cream on both sides of the chicken. Then cover the chicken in the prepared spice mix.
Next, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a cast-iron pan.
Then add your chicken breasts to it, cook them for 4 minutes on one side, flipthem over, and cook for another 4 minutes.
Transfer your cooked chicken to a plate and let it cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
STEP 2: MAKING THE CREAMY SALSA DRESSING
While the chicken is cooling, we can move on to the dressing. And this dressing couldn’t be easier to make!
Then, blend everything together until you get a smooth and creamy consistency.
STEP 3: MAKING THE CHILI LIME PEPITAS
STEP 4: ASSEMBLING THE SALAD
Special Equipment For This Recipe
- Food Processor I love this model for its large capacity.
BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO CHECK OUT OTHER READERS COMMENTS FOR TIPS AND REVIEWS.
AND DONT FORGET, IF YOUVE MADE THIS RECIPE, LEAVE A COMMENT AND PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING LETTING ME KNOW HOW YOU ENJOYED IT!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
Also Check: Jack In The Box Salad Prices
Lowest Calorie Breakfast Sandwich: Egg White Grill
290 Calories, 7g Fat, 31g Carbs, 27g Protein
If you want to keep the calories low and the protein high, the Egg White Grill is a great option for breakfast. It has grilled chicken, egg whites, and American cheese on a English muffin.
If you want to pair it with a low-calorie side, you can add a fruit cup for an additional 60 calories.
Also Check: Chicken Salad Chick E Gift Card
Chick Fil A Menu Prices & Calories 2021
Chick-Fil-A is an American fast-food chain that began operating in 1946 and currently has over 2,000 locations. The Chick-Fil-A menu includes their famous chicken sandwich and other notable mentions, including chicken nuggets, waffle potato fries, milkshakes, breakfast items, salads, and Chick-n-Strips. Scroll below to view the latest Chick-Fil-A menu prices along with Chick-Fil-A calories.
Latest Chick-Fil-A Menu
You May Like: Best Salad For Kidney Disease
How Many Calories Should I Be Eating To Lose Weight
The average woman needs to eat about 2,000 calories per day to maintain her weight, and 1,500 calories per day to lose one pound of weight per week. Meanwhile, the average man needs 2,500 calories to maintain, and 2,000 to lose one pound of weight per week. However, this depends on numerous factors.
Spicy Southwest Salad With Chick
The spicy Southwest salad with chick-n-strips comes loaded with tomatoes, cheese, corn, black beans, chiles, bell peppers, all on a bed of mixed greens and topped with tortilla strips, pepitas, and chick-n-strips. It also has 890 calories, 61g fat, 12g saturated fat, 44g carbohydrate, 43g protein, and 1,710mg sodium.
To make a salad more nutritious, go for grilled chicken and skip any high-fat or high-calorie extras. If you dont want to completely skip salad dressing, avoid creamy options, which tend to be high in calories and fat.
Salad dressing is easy to overdo start out by adding just a little and evenly coating the greens of your salad. Before you reach for more, check the serving size to ensure you know how many calories the dressing will add to your salad. If youre trying to watch your sugar intake, remember that condiments like salad dressing can be a source of added or hidden sugar in your diet. Chick-fil-As Fat-Free Honey Mustard dressing has 19g of sugar per serving and the Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette has 14g, as well as 230 calories.
A single serving of Light Italian Dressing adds just 25 calories and 1g fat to your salad, while a serving of Chick-fil-As Creamy Salsa Dressing adds 290 calories and 31g fat.
If youre building a salad at Chick-fil-A, load up on produce options, which includes crisp veggies, fiber-filled fruit like apples, and even antioxidant-rich blueberries.
Also Check: Crabmeat Salad Recipe With Mayonnaise
Cookies & Cream Milkshake
Meanwhile, a cookies & cream milkshake provides 630 calories, 25g fat, 15g saturated fat, 90g carbohydrate, 13g protein, 410mg sodium, and 84g sugar. A single chocolate chip cookie might seem like a more sensible treat, but the chocolate chunk cookie on Chick-fil-As dessert menu has 370 calories, 49g carbs, and 26g sugar.
While blended coffee drinks can be some of the highest-calorie fast food choices, a small frosted coffee at Chick-fil-A has fewer calories and less sugar than one cookie: 250 calories, 43g carbs, and 39g sugar.
You can also create a slightly sweet, and healthier, treat from the sides menu: the Greek yogurt parfait with chocolate cookie crumbs has 240 calories, 8g fat, and 26g sugar.
Collection And Use Of Personal Information Of Chick
If you complete an application for employment with Chick-fil-A, Inc., or request information regarding such opportunities, we may collect personal information that you provide in connection with your request for information and/or to evaluate your application for employment with Chick-fil-A, Inc. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties to supplement, update, or verify your information, and/or to process your application for consideration as a Chick-fil-A, Inc. employee. Applicable law may require that you authorize a third party to share your personal information with us before we can acquire it. Failure to provide any requested information may negatively impact consideration of your employment application. By applying to become an employee of Chick-fil-A, Inc., you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described above, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Recommended Reading: Benefits Of Eating Seaweed Salad
What Do I Need For The Original Chick Fil A Recipe
Heres what youll need to make this recipe:
- Cooked chicken breasts the original Chick fil a recipe calls for four of their chicken breasts, which can be grilled or fried. I went with the grilled chicken breast.
Four of those chicken breasts will run you around $18.40. So youre gonna be making one of the most expensive one pound batches of chicken salad ever. Yikes!
I did follow their recipe but I would really recommend buying the ready to use grilled chicken breast pieces that you can find at your local grocery store or cook your own. It will be a lot less expensive. Chicken nuggets or rotisserie chicken would also work if thats what you have on hand. Youll need around one pound of chicken to make the recipe.
- Celery adds great flavor to cold salads and texture. Celery is also a pretty common ingredient in chicken salad or tuna salad recipes.
- Sweet Pickle Relish just like my mothers chicken salad recipe, this one calls for the sweet pickle relish. A lot of folks like the sweet relish. The taste reminds me of the store bought varieties. My own simple chicken salad recipe uses dill relish salad cubes instead because thats what we prefer at our house.
- Real Mayonnaise if I had to guess I am betting that the original Chick fil a spread uses Hellmans or a restaurant mayonnaise. Since I dont know for sure, because the recipe wasnt that specific, I used Dukes mayonnaise.
What Are The Benefits Of Making Chick Fil A Superfood Salad
Why should you make this copycat recipe? Let me count the ways
- DIY is the only way to get your superfood salad fix. As Ill talk about in the FAQs, this salad is no longer available at Chick-Fil-A restaurants. If you want a superfood side, you have to make it at home.
- This copycat has less added sugar than the original. You can cut way back on added sugar with my superfood salad copycat recipe. Im even going to show you how you can make this one free of added sugar!
- Its easy to customize this salad to fit a variety of special diets. Do you need a salad that is gluten free, keto, vegan, vegetarian, or low carb? Dont miss the FAQ section to learn how to make it happen.
- Its a super simple meal prep recipe. I dont know about you, but I dont have time to prepare lunch most weekdays. Meal prepping healthy recipes like this one helps me get a nutrient dense meal in when I am busiest. It does not take much time to throw this together!
- Youre getting lean protein, phytonutrients, fiber, essential vitamins, minerals, healthy fats Dietitians love to throw these words around because they are important! Good nutrition helps to support a strong and healthy body. This salad has lots of the good stuff that can help you to get there.
You May Like: How Do You Make Tuna Macaroni Salad
Don’t Miss: Jalapeno Holly Chicken Salad Chick
What Is In The Chick Fil A Superfood Salad
According to their website, here are the ingredients in the Chick-Fil-A superfood side salad:
- Broccolini and kale blend
- Roasted Nut Blend
- Maple Vinaigrette Dressing
I wanted to simplify my lunch meal prep, so I also added grilled chicken breast to my salads. Adding some lean protein to your superfood side will transform this side dish into a full meal. Its a little easier than preparing this side along with a separate entrée.
Something you may notice about the Chick Fil A superfood salad ingredients list is that there is a lot of added sugar! Refined sugar has been added to the dried cherries and nuts. On top of that, the maple vinaigrette dressing contains maple syrup plus brown sugar. Thats a lot of added sugar!
Lucky for us, its really easy to cut back on the added sugar in this copycat Chick Fil A salad recipe. Walnuts, almonds, and pecans are all delicious toasted no sugary glaze is needed. Additionally, you can use dried sweet cherries or dried cranberries instead of sweetened dried sour cherries.
Even the maple vinaigrette dressing can be made sugar-free if you choose. Just substitute a sugar-free maple syrup substitute for the real maple syrup. You can use a store-bought sugar free syrup or try Wholesome Yums low carb sugar free maple syrup recipe. It uses maple extract with erythritol for sweetness.
Other Recipes Using Superfoods That You May Enjoy
Are you looking for other superfood recipes? What even is a superfood? Is kale a superfood?
Superfood is really more of a marketing term versus a term used amongst nutrition professionals. That said, I do consider nutrient-dense foods like fatty fish, berries, dark leafy greens, cruciferous veggies, and fermented foods to be pretty super! Here are some recipes that incorporate these super foods:
- Gluten Free Toast made with Sweet Potatoes
Dont forget to subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter to be kept up-to-date on all of the latest and greatest recipes! You can follow me on , , and !
You May Like: Veggie Salad Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Make Chick
What Is In A Chick Fil A Cobb Salad
Chick-fil-A® Nuggets, pressure-cooked, sliced and served hot on a fresh bed of chopped Romaine lettuce and baby greens, topped with shredded red cabbage and carrots, roasted corn kernels, a blend of shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses,crumbled bacon, diced eggs and grape tomatoes. Made fresh daily.
Recommended Reading: Can Salad Make You Constipated
Does Wendys Have Salads
Not only do Wendys salads taste great, theyre made with fresh produce in-restaurant every single day. Wendys Parmesan Caesar Chicken Salad is new to the menu and made fresh daily, featuring chopped romaine lettuce, greenhouse-grown grape tomatoes and an all-white meat, freshly grilled chicken breast.
You May Like: Where To Buy Marzetti Salad Dressing
Cobb Salad Dressing Recipe
What type of dressing to serve with cobb salad? Personally, honey mustard is my go-to salad dressing. Here are a few of my favorite homemade salad dressings:
Feel free to also drizzle this yummy salad with any of your favorite store bought dressings, such as honey mustard, blue cheese, thousand island, green goddess dressing, ranch dressing, or even bbq sauce.
Recommended Reading: Jersey Mike’s Chicken Salad
Highest Calorie Option: Spicy Deluxe Sandwich
550 Calories, 25g Fat, 47g Carbs, 33g Protein
Its shocking to me that the highest calorie menu item at Chick-fil-A is only 550 calories. Thats quite different from some of the higher-calorie options youll find at Burger King, Wendys, McDonalds, and others.
Sure, this Spicy Deluxe Sandwich is technically the highest calorie option, but quite honestly, its still a great option!
Copycat Chick Fil A Chicken Salad Sandwich
This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I won’t lie I LOVE the Chick Fil A Chicken Salad Sandwich, but let’s face it it can get expensive to eat there as much as I have a craving for it! So I started my hunt for a copycat recipe and this is the best and closest I can get and it works for me! Some recipes have mentioned adding a bit of cinnamon and I’ve had some people say that too. This was one of our first Chick Fil A Copycat Recipes.
You May Like: Simple Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
Lemon Kale Caesar Salad
The Lemon Kale Caesar Salad is the newest salad on the Chick-Fil-A menu. Its a seasonal item made with a bed of romaine and kale topped with warm, grilled chicken, shaved parmesan & fresh lemon wedges. The salad is served with a packet of Lemon Parmesan Panko and Lemon Caesar Vinaigrette Dressing .
The options for the lemon kale salad are:
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad without chicken 300 calories, 20 g fat, 20 g carbs, 10 g protein
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad with Grilled Nuggets 470 calories, 24 g fat, 22 g carbs, 43 g protein
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad with a cold Grilled Filet 400 calories, 22 g fat, 22 g carbs, 31 g protein
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad with a cold Spicy Grilled Filet 400 calories, 23 g fat, 22 g carbs, 29 g protein
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad with a warm Grilled Filet 400 calories, 22 g fat, 22 g carbs, 30 g protein
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad with Chick-fil-A® Filet 550 calories, 32 g fat, 33 g carbs, 34 g protein
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad with Spicy Filet 570 calories, 34 g fat, 36 g carbs, 33 g protein
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad with Nuggets 550 calories, 32 g fat, 31 g carbs, 36 g protein
- Lemon Kale Caesar Salad with Chick-n-Strips 600 calories, 34 g fat, 36 g carbs, 39 g protein