How To Make Sprouted Bean Salad
Considering all the health benefits, here we bring you a sprouted moong salad that can be a health and tasty addition to your daily diet.
For making this dish, all you need are sprouted moong, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, sliced orange, chopped cilantro, and chopped green chili. for the step-by-step recipe.
We also got you some of our favourite salad recipes to try. for the recipes.
Try these healthy salads and let us know which one you liked the most.
Low Cal Moong Dal Halwa Recipe
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
Nutritional breakdown per serving:
What Is Sprouts Salad Made Of
Undoubtedly, this simple & healthy salad is loaded with the goodness of mung beans or green gram sprouts, vibrant grated carrots, crunchy cucumbers, tangy lemon juice, selenium rich onions, healthy fat coconut, anti-inflammatory black pepper and lastly flavorful coriander leaves.
So we can have this sprouts salad as a breakfast or before meal, even as an appetizer with meal and also a dinner. Moreover you can make this sprouts salad in 2 ways. Firstly you can use raw sprouts to make the salad or else steam this mung sprouts and then add the fresh veggies.
Surely, sprouts salad helps in weight loss. As it contains good amount of fiber and keeps your stomach full, there by reducing over eating and promotes weight loss.
Finally for dressing I have added crushed black pepper, black salt and lemon juice. Black salt makes the salad tasty as well as gives nice aroma. Also lemon juice for tangy taste.
You can make any variations to this salad by adding your choices of vegetables and also spices. Hence this sprouts salad is vegan & gluten free.
Also Check: How Much Is A Taco Salad At Wendy’s
Take Them In Small Quantities & Before 5 Pm
Mung Bean Sprouts can be hard to digest & might make some people gassy. so it better to have them in small quantities, also I would recommend you to have sprouts when the sun is up.
This is not a medical or proven fact but something I personally felt, whenever I eat sprouts after sundown like for dinner or something, Some times it gives me a stuffed nose
So I would recommend you to have it in the morning or afternoon but not after the sundown
How To Eat Sprouts For Weight Loss
Sprouts are an excellent low-calorie and high-protein snack for weight loss. They can be eaten raw or cooked. You can add sprouts to your salads to enhance their nutritional value and fiber content.
Lentil sprouts can be cooked with masalas and vegetables as a side dish with your main meals. You can also snack on mixed sprouts to fill your stomach between meals.
Check out how to prepare sprouts at home in the next section.
Recommended Reading: Who Has The Best Fast Food Salad
Benefits Of Sprouts Moong
- Packed with healthy nutrients.
- Mung beans contains many healthy antioxidants including phenolic acids, flavonoids, caffeeic acid, cinnamic acids and more
- It is a good source of antioxidants which may reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers.
- They may protect against free radical damage during heat stroke
- May lower Bad LDL cholesterol level
- Rich in potassium, manganese & fiber which may reduce blood pressure
- Fiber resistant starch in mung beans may aid digestive health
- It lowers the blood sugar levels
- May promote weight loss
Never Cook Mung Beans Sprouts
I know there are many Mung Bean Sprouts recipes that involve cooking them, esp in south India mung beans are called madake kallu & its sabzi is way too popular
also the amazing misal, I love it BUT if you are eating Mung Beans solely for the health benefits to losing weight, to control cholesterol, bp or sugar then please avoid cooking thembecause when you cook these sprouts it loses many of their amazing nutrients
Also Check: Clear Glass Soup Salad Bowls
/7this Young Mans Weight Loss Journey Is Inspiring
Ravi Shankar Singh was tired of being looked down upon by his relatives and friends because of his weight. The fact that he could not fit into his old clothes anymore devastated him and took a toll on his confidence and self-esteem. It was then that reality hit him hard and he finally decided to begin his weight loss journey. With the right kind of diet and following a proper workout routine, he lost 22 kilos. Read on to find out how he did it:
Health Benefits Of Eating Sprouts
A healthy diet plan is incomplete without the inclusion of sprouts into it. Most of us eat sprouts as a morning breakfast, evening snack or sometimes an afternoon meal by adding them to a certain dish. The health benefits of eating sprouts are numerous as they are a rich source of protein, anti-oxidants and other vitamins. Sprouting can be done with various vegetables and legumes. They are extremely easy to make them at home, as we just add some water to soak the sprouts for at least 6 hours. As sprouts are nutrient-dense, they provide various health benefits.
- Sprouts, one of the best foods if you are looking for weight loss, as it has fewer calories which help to keep your weight under control. It is an important component of healthy eating habits
- Try to include a limited portion of sprouts in your regular diet, as it has a good amount of protein and other nutrients.
- Sprouts can be a perfect replacement for lentils in our salads.
- Controlling hypertension is one of the most effective health benefits of sprouts and must be included in the high blood pressure diet chart. Most of the heart and blood pressure problems are due to excess intake of sodium. Eating sprouts will regulate blood pressure levels, as sprouts are free from sodium which helps our body to reduce high blood pressure, hypertension and other heart related problems.
Read Also: Aldi Specially Selected Salad Dressing
Sprouts Mung Bean Recipe
Sharing is caring!
Sprouted moong recipe or sprouted mung bean recipe is a healthy salad recipe and is a perfect weight loss recipe. This healthy salad recipe is the best clean eating recipe and is so easy and yummy. This vegan green moong recipe can be had for breakfast or a quick snack. If you want to have a healthy salad recipe for lunch, this delicious salad is a must try.
I used to love taking healthy salads in my lunch box. Now since I am working from home, I indulge in lots of healthy recipes and salad recipes Indian. I am on a weight loss diet, and this sprouted moong or sprouted mung bean recipe is keeper.
Moreover, sprouts have lots of health benefits. Consumption of sprouts aids in weight loss as they are rich in protein, helps improve digestion and are a rich source of fiber, controls blood sugar and lowers the risk of heart disease. Always consume sprouts in the daytime, that is from breakfast to noon. Do consult a dietician or your Doctor if you are on any special diet.
Here are some sprouts recipes to try:
Moong Dal Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I eat moong dal daily?
A.Yes, you can eat it daily. It is rich in essential nutrients, and incorporating it into your daily diet will help you stay fit and healthy.
Q. Is moong dal good for brain health?
A.The magnesium present in green dal is proven to improve nerve functioning and brain health.
Q. Which is healthier, sprouted or cooked moong dal?
A.Cooking moong dal is not advised because it reduces the nutritional value of the dal, much more than while sprouting. However, eating cooked dal prevents gas and bloating that can be observed while eating the sprouted variety. Both have their benefits.
Q. Does moong dal cause gas?
A. Sometimes, lentils and beans can cause gas. Therefore, it is advised to always soak or sprout the lentils before eating to avoid any digestive problems.
Q. Can I eat moong dal daily?
A. Yes, you can eat it daily. It is rich in essential nutrients, and incorporating it into your daily diet will help you stay fit and healthy.
Q. Is moong dal good for brain health?
A. The magnesium present in green dal is proven to improve nerve functioning and brain health.
Q. Which is healthier, sprouted or cooked moong dal?
A. Cooking moong dal is not advised because it reduces the nutritional value of the dal, much more than while sprouting. However, eating cooked dal prevents gas and bloating that can be observed while eating the sprouted variety. Both have their benefits.
Q. Does moong dal cause gas?
Don’t Miss: Disposable Salad Dressing Container To Go
Sprouted Moong Bean Salad Ingredients
- SproutedMoong beans: I have used only sprouted moong beans in this salad, you may also sprout other legumes like black chana dal, chickpeas, horse gram and add to this salad. These days you can also find moong sprouts from the Indian grocery stores.
- Vegetables: I have used cucumber, shredded carrots, onions, tomatoes, and green chili. You may also add grated raw mango when in season.
- Roasted peanuts: I have roughly crushed roasted peanuts in a mortar and pestle. It gives a nice crunch.
- Herbs: I used finely chopped coriander leaves. If you are making chaat style then you can also add green chutney that is usually added to the chaats.
- Seasonings: I have used salt, black pepper, chaat masala. Chaat Masala is easily available in the Indian grocery or Amazon.
- Lime Juice: I used the juice of half lime. Also, feel free to increase or decrease according to your preference.
How To Make Moong Bean Sprouts In An Instant Pot
Use these easy step-by-step instructions to make Moong bean sprouts in your Instant Pot in less than 36 hours. To be more precise, 28-30 hours.
No cheesecloth or extensive work is required. Simply soak the beans, rinse a couple of times, and you will have delicious and nutritious Instant Pot moong bean sprouts to munch on.
1. Sort through the moong beans to remove all the pebbles and gritty things.
2. Rinse the moong beans until tap water. Rub the grains in between your fingers to get rid of all the residues.
3. Transfer the rinsed beans to a clean bowl. Soak the beans in enough water to cover the dal by about an inch. Make sure the grains are completely submerged in water. Soak the moong beans for 8-10 hours or overnight.
4. Always use a large bowl to soak the beans as soaked and rehydrated moong beans will swell and double in size.
5. Add 1/3 cup of water to the Instant pot insert. Place an Instant Pot steamer basket in the insert.
6. Add the soaked moong beans to the steamer basket.
7. Cover the insert pot insert with a glass lid. Turn the Instant Pot ON. Select the Yogurt option on the front panel. The default setting is 8 hours, therefore, press the + option to set the time to 10 hours.
8. After 10 hours, you will see tiny sprouts coming out of the moong beans. If you want longer sprouts, then proceed to the next step.
10. Return the steamer basket to the Instant Pot insert.
12. After 10 hours, you will enjoy the perfectly sprouted moong beans.
You May Like: How To Make 7 Layer Salad
/7fitness Secrets I Unveiled
Sugar is all about calories and can affect your weight and health. During my weight loss journey, I avoided sugary foods as much as you can.
How do I stay motivated?: Whenever you feel demotivated, pause and reflect. Think of the time when you were unfit, overweight and out of shape.
How do you ensure you dont lose focus?: Keep a tab of the progress youve made so far. This will help you stay focused.
How To Sprout Moong Bean
Sprouted moong dal is a powerhouse of nutrition. It contains enzymes, protein, chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
- Select good quality seeds for sprouting
- Clean and wash the moong beans and soak them overnight or for 7-8 hours
- The day after, rinse the beans well and drain the water
- The seeds should be swollen and plump. Some may have even sprouted a little
- Drain the water completely
- Wet a thin cotton cloth, squeeze out excess water
- Transfer the moong beans in it and hang it loosely to drain the remaining water
- Keep the cloth along with the moong beans in a vessel at room temperature
- Cover with a lid and leave it overnight undisturbed
- The fabric should be damp, and there should be no stagnant water in the vessel
- On the third day, you will see that the seeds have sprouted well
- You can refrigerate the sprouts for 3-4 days to use later
Don’t Miss: Market Salad At Chick Fil A
Green Moong Sprouts And Fruit Salad For Weight Loss
If you want to lose weight the easy way, i.e. without doing a lot of exercise, what you have to focus on is eating right.
Eating sprouts has always been a popular nutritional choice for millions of diet conscious people around the globe. Overnight soaked sprouts and fruits in breakfast are the healthiest.
Its in fact great start for the day. Besides being healthy and tasty, moong dal sprouts can be a quick and effective route to weight loss. Apart from weight loss, sprouts are beneficial in a number of other health related factors. One of the prime functions and benefits of sprouts is its role in regulating blood pressure levels.
Read Also: Fun Kitchen Tools for Kids
Eating sprouts regularly can also reduce cholesterol and hypertension. Most fruits are naturally low in fat, sodium, and calories. Fruits are sources of many essential nutrients including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folate . Diets rich in potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Combination of sprouts and fruit is perfect as vitamins present in fruits enhance the absorption of more minerals in the body.
This meal provides easily available protein, iron and many other vitamins and minerals.I love this salad, it is simply amazing, plus it is so healthy. I love to enjoy sprouts like this leaving behind the bore cucumber tomatoes sprouts salad.
Mixed fruits – 1 ½ cup
Soaked dry fruits- apricots and almonds
Black pepper to taste
Flax seeds- 2 tbsp
Recipe Tips To Make The Best Healthy Sprouts Salad
» Easy to make This moong dal sprouts salad comes together exceptionally fast using a handful of ingredients and is very versatile.
» Customizable You can pretty much incorporate any seasonal veggies you love in this healthy sprouted mung bean salad as its completely customizable, and some tested and tried healthy additions include-
- Pan tossed nuts like walnuts or slivered almonds
- Sweet bell peppers, and
If using steamed sprouts, then follow these steps: Before adding steamed sprouts
You May Like: Avocado Chicken Salad Wendy’s
Sprouted Green Gram Salad For Weight Loss
HOW TO MAKE SPROUTS SALAD
SPROUTS SALAD RECIPE – STEP BY STEP PICTURES
Tips For Making The Best Salads
You can create your own salads or revamp our Indian salad recipes. Just remember some of these tips to make the healthiest possible versions:
- use ingredients high in fibre and protein to stay satiated for longer
- get some crunch in by using roasted chickpeas, some kind of nuts, seeds, croutons or different crunchy vegetables
- you can soak herbs in ice water for about 15-20 minutes to make them extra fresh or revive wilted herbs
- add colour with greens, tomatoes, carrots, berries for various nutrients and flavours
- get the balance right in the dressing by combining something sweet, sour, spicy and salty
So get ready to create the most appetizing Indian vegetarian salads for weight loss or for any occasion!
Also Check: Cold Noodle Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce