How To Make Easy Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
The recipe makes 6 servings of 1/2 cup each.
- Half an apple, chopped but not skinned
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken 1/4 cup sliced grapes
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced A quarter cup rounded raisins
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Dashes of salt, pepper, dried parsley, and onion powder to taste
- A quarter cup rounded raisins
- 1/4 cup rounded raisins
- 1 seedless mini cucumber
- Slice and/or dice fruits and vegetables as needed, depending on their size. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir until everything is well-combined. Chicken salad can be served as a sandwich filling, on crackers, as a lettuce wrap filling, or on a bed of lettuce. Ive also been known to just eat it with a fork since its so delicious
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container to keep them fresh. Will endure for a few days at the most
How To Make Chicken Salad With Canned Chicken:
Drain the contents of both chicken cans and place them in a large mixing bowl. Using a fork, shred the canned chicken until it is totally shredded set aside. Season with the seasoned salt after adding the celery and onion diced up. Using a whisk, mix the ingredients. Mix in the mayonnaise until it is completely incorporated. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours to let the flavors to blend. You can use this to make the finest sandwiches on almost any type of bread, even pita bread.
This chicken salad is a fantastic way to cool off on a hot summer day while eating something light and refreshing.
Can You Freeze Chicken Salad
Sadly, mayonnaise doesnt freeze well and thats the base for the dressing in this recipe. If youd like ready to go chicken salad, Id suggest finely chopping the chicken and seasonings .
Freeze the diced chicken in single serving portions. When youd like a salad, just combine the chicken and seasonings with mayonnaise and any extra add ins.
You May Like: New York Times Cobb Salad
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy: It takes no more than 10 minutes to make a batch of this salad using a few simple ingredients.
- Healthy: High in protein and low in saturated fat and sodium, this low-carb chicken salad is a great addition to a well-balanced diet.
- Make ahead: Make up a batch of this salad and enjoy it for easy-to-grab lunches throughout the week.
And This Lunch Recipe = Low Carb High Protein
Im not a mayonnaise averse person, but I dont care for gallons of mayonnaise drowning my chicken. Canned chicken may be a sentimental item for me as well, because my mother always used it in her recipes, and the dish just doesnt taste the same without it. Also, lets talk about nutrition in relation to this recipe. This filling lunch idea has the following ingredients per serving:.
Read Also: Extra Large Wooden Salad Bowl
Homemade Chicken Salad Ingredients
If you look in your refrigerator right now, youll most likely find everything you need to create a batch:
- In this recipe, I use canned chicken breast, but you may also use shredded, poached chicken, rotisserie chicken, or leftover grilled chicken. Mayonnaisemayonnaise Dukes is our preferred brand. You can use either a full-fat or a low-fat version of the product
- To create pickle relish, utilize sweet pickle relish, which is often made out of finely chopped chunks of sweet pickles and red peppers in a sweet brine.
Best Copycat Arbys Pecan Chicken Salad Tips
- Keep your canned chicken in the fridge, so your salad will be chilled as soon as it is made.
- Drain the chicken well and break up any large pieces.
- Mayonnaise works best, but feel free to substitute salad dressing or Greek yogurt.
- Dont peel the apples so they maintain their shape in the salad.
- This salad is delicious as a sandwich or a wrap.
Also Check: Chuck E Cheese Salad Bar Coupon
To Make Chicken Salad With Grapes
Not only is this simple and easy, but it is so impressive to serve for guests while sitting on the deck sipping on an ice-cold glass of NESTEA® slightly sweet black iced tea!
Serve with bread, croissants, or over a bed of lettuce.
Pro tip: Toast the pecans in a small pan and let them cool before adding to the salad. Toasting nuts retain their crunch and expand their flavor!
Pin This Easy Homemade Chicken Salad Recipe
Enjoy old-fashioned chicken salad with celery on a salad or in a sandwich, either on its own or with other ingredients. Make chicken salad using canned chicken and a specific spice by combining the two ingredients. My family adores my chicken salad made the old-fashioned way. Its straightforward and straightforward. And you could create this chicken salad with canned chicken, leftover chicken, or a rotisserie chicken from your local store, depending on your preference. Most people make this dish with grapes or other fruit, but we like ours with celery and onions, which we find to be more refreshing.
Perhaps not entirely hidden, but a pinch of seasoned salt really brings this salad to life.
On a sandwich, this chicken salad is one of the most delicious ways to consume it.
Serve with potato salad, chips, or pickles to complete the meal. Its really refreshing on a hot summer day. It also helps that this chicken salad is made using canned chicken. Serve lunch without turning on the oven or heating up the kitchen.
Recommended Reading: How Many Eggs For Potato Salad
What Else Can I Add To Chicken Salad
Ive seen a lot of other ingredients show up in this American Classic, here are some of my favorites:
- added vegetables: carrots, roasted red peppers, onion, scallions
- chopped olives
- walnuts, pecans or pistachios
I love a big scoop of chicken salad on a tossed salad. Add your favorite dressing and salad ingredients and youve got a light, delicious lunch or dinner.
Its also a nice fillingfor a stuffed tomato.
But when it gets right down to it, nothing beats a good chicken salad sandwich and it plays well with other ingredients. Bacon, tomato and cheese are some of my favorite add ons, when Im feeling a little adventurous.
And anyway you make your sandwich is okay with me. Use a roll, your favorite bread, a pita or a toasted flour tortilla.
Chicken Salad With Grapes And Pecans Unsophisticook
Quick, tasty, and filling, this thischicken salad with grapes and walnuts is a must-try. It just takes six ingredients to make the best chicken salad sandwich ever! Im taking part in a sponsored discussion on behalf of The Coca-Cola Company, but all thoughts and opinions expressed are entirely mine. Thank you for your continued support of me and the products I like!
Don’t Miss: What Is Word Salad In Schizophrenia
The Secret Menu Items You Need To Try At Arbys
Arbys has been serving up its signature roast beef sandwiches at over 3,400 restaurants worldwide for over 56 years. The chain was founded in Boardman, Ohio in 1956 by Leroy and Forest Raffel, who wanted to start a fast food restaurant that specialized in something other than hamburgers. The founders decided roast beef sandwiches were the perfect fast food foil to burgers, and they were franchised within a year. Arbys has gone on to national and even international expansion and you can now find an Arbys in 48 states and four counties outside the United States: Canada, Turkey, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.
The Arbys menu is chock full of interesting menu items that go beyond the classic roast beef sandwiches. With three different gyros, an impressively large corned beef Reuben, an even buffalo chicken sliders, milkshakes, cookies, and floats. Thinking outside the box the next time you get a craving for Arbys will make your fast food meal even more rewarding, and the brands secret menu is so popular it even has its own official website.
With many fast food secret menus, youll encounter raised eyebrows from employees, and sometimes you even have to DIY your secret menu creations. At Arbys, at least for the time being, you can actually order a few secret menu items online as long as you use Doordash. The chain has generous policies regarding free extras, bread switches, and upgrades, making it one of the easiest menus to hack.
How To Serve Classic Chicken Salad
When making sandwiches I suggest choosing a sturdy sliced bread like sourdough or a whole grain sandwich bread. Load up your sandwiches with the toppings you love lettuce, tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion and my life is not complete without a couple of bread and butter pickles.
Or skip the bread altogether and mound this Chicken Salad on leafy greens with lots of fresh veggies for a wholesome meal.
Read Also: Seasonal Vegetable Salad North Italia
New York: Bobwhite Counter In New York
It might seem impossible to select the best chicken sandwich in all of New York, but through it all, the Bobwhite Counter earns the peoples love. The buffalo chicken sandwich here serves up the right amount of tanginess and hits that sweet spot of everything you want from buffalo chicken.
You May Like: Will Eating Just Salad Lose Weight
What Goes With Chicken Salad
In order to make a meal of chicken salad, try putting it on a salad plate with a scoop of pimento cheese and another scoop of tuna salad, as seen below. It can be eaten as a sandwich on soft bread or toasted bread, or as a topping for a green salad over a bed of lettuce.
With chicken salad, you may also serve a dish of fruit or fruit salad on the side. Make your own choose two lunch combination in the style of a restaurant with a cup of soup and a chicken salad sandwich for a satisfying meal.
Don’t Miss: Veggie Salad Recipes For Weight Loss
Morecanned Chicken Recipesto Try:
- This buffalo chicken pizza dish, which is topped with blue cheese, celery, and blue cheese dressing, is a definite crowd pleaser. Its guaranteed to liven up your next pizza night when served with your favorite side salad. Featuring a generous serving of mixed vegetables and diced canned chicken breast, these 4-ingredient mini chicken pot pies are a fabulously quick and easy evening supper. Using individual ramekins makes serving them a breeze
- This simple buffalo chicken dip dish will impress your guests at your next tailgate or homegate party. It just requires six ingredients and can be prepared in the oven or the crockpot.
Arby S Printable Free Small Drink & Curly Fry
Sandwiches are a good option any time of the day, from the savoury egg and cheese breakfast sandwich to the mouthwatering grilled cheese sandwich. Whether youre trying to find timeless comfort food or a fast meal on the move, these tasty, flavour-packed sandwiches are sure to please your hunger and also your palate.
You May Like: New York Times Chicken Salad
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to complete this recipe: The following ingredients: diced cooked chicken, diced apple, sliced grapes, sliced celery, micro cucumber, and raisins mayonnaise made with plain yogurt Taste and season with a pinch each of salt, pepper, dry parsley, and onion powder.
What Goes Good With Chicken Salad Sandwich
What to Serve With Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Green Salad. Since a chicken salad sandwich is rich and savory, youll want something light and refreshing to balance things out.
- Fruit Platter.
Read Also: Fat Free Homemade Salad Dressing
Is It Ok To Feed Your Dog Canned Chicken
You can feed your dog canned chicken, but you dont want to make it a daily habit. Chicken by itself is great for dogs, but the problem with canned chicken is that it contains excessive sodium. Before feeding your dog canned chicken, put it in a strainer and run water through it to reduce the sodium.
Best High Protein Wraps For Lunch
If youre not going to eat this stuff right out of the dish, you might as well wrap it up in a tortilla for a high-protein lunch. When eaten as a lunch wrap, it has the added benefit of being slightly more full. There are a variety of wraps available on the market today, some of which contain more protein than others. In comparison, a Chick Fil A Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap contains 42 grams of protein per wrap, while a Subway Oven Roasted Chicken Wrap contains 38 grams of protein per wrap. To be honest, I think Ill just eat this chicken egg salad straight from the bowl, which has 26 grams of protein per 1/3 cup.
Take a deep breath and go to work.
You May Like: Best Salad Greens For Keto
Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich And Orange Cream Shake Return To Arbys For A Limited Time
Arbys welcomes back a pair of seasonal fan-favorites with the return of the Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich and Orange Cream Shake.
The Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich features diced chicken, red grapes, apples, celery, pecans and mayonnaise with green leaf lettuce on toasted honey wheat bread.
The Orange Cream Shake offers the flavor of a creamy popsicle by mixing the brands vanilla shake with sweet and tangy orange cream syrup. The fan-favorite seasonal shake is finished with whipped topping.
Both returning fan-favorites can be found at participating Arbys locations nationwide for a limited time.
Ingredients In Easy Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Chicken – our favorite chicken to use is rotisserie chicken because it is easy peasy. You can also use up any leftover chicken that you have, or cook chicken breasts however you would like. Roasted, grilled, poached, you name it – it all works.
- Celery – we like to slice celery stalks in half lengthwise, then dice into small pieces.
- Apple – Granny smith apples are our favorite for chicken salad because they are tart and crisp. You can leave the peel on or off.
- Onion – this chicken salad recipe calls for green onions, but you could substitute red onion if you prefer.
- Dill – fresh dill tastes best, but you can use dried if that is all you can find.
- Mayonnaise – use your favorite kind.
- Sour Cream – this adds a little different flavor than if you were to use only mayo. You may find you want to adjust the quantities of each slightly to your taste.
- Salt and Pepper
Don’t Miss: Clear Plastic Salad Bowls Disposable
The Best Chicken Sandwich In Every State
When you crave a chicken sandwich, so many options lay ahead of you. You could settle and go to a tried-and-true restaurant down the road or make an expedition to find the very best chicken sandwich in your state. If you feel ready to search out the best restaurant that serves up chicken between two buns, we here at Eat This, Not That! with the help of Yelp have come up with the definitive list of restaurants that serve up the best chicken sandwich in your state!
Methodology: This is an all-time list of the best places for a chicken sandwich in the United States, according to Yelp. We identified businesses in the restaurant and food categories with a large concentration of reviews with mentions of chicken sandwich, then ranked those spots using a number of factors including the total volume and ratings of reviews mentioning chicken sandwich.
Without further ado, here are the chicken sandwiches that will make your mouth water and are worth the potential road trip across your state.
How To Serve It
Sometimes I find myself eating this chicken salad by the spoonful straight out of the bowl because its that good. But to turn it into a meal, heres a few ideas.
- Sandwich: Stuff it between sandwich bread with layers of lettuce, spinach, or tomato slices.
- Wrap: Turn it into a wrap with homemade cassava flour tortillas.
- Lettuce Wrap: For a lighter, low-carb option, use large romaine or butter leaf lettuce to wrap it.
- Extra Green Salad: Pour a spoonful on top of a bed of greens such as spinach.
- Dip: Serve it with flax seed crackers or chips.
Also Check: Hawaiian Bros Macaroni Salad Recipe
Avocado And Cucumber Soup
Total Preparation Time 35 minutesTotal Calories 59
Another soup option that will become your favorite accompaniment for chicken salad sandwiches is avocado and cucumber soup!
The cooling flavors of cucumbers when combines with the creaminess of the avocado, form this exceptional soup that will satisfy all your cravings!
Check out this video-
Total Preparation Time 30 minutesTotal Calories 44
Next, I have the classic salad of all time, Caesar salad!
Green romaine lettuce, fresh vegetables, and crunchy croutons, everything is mixed in a superb Caesar dressing!
This salad never disappoints!
Total Preparation Time 40 minutesTotal Calories 71
Roasting coaxes out the delectable flavor of carrots!
And it doesnt require much effort!
You can try different variations to suit your taste buds and serve the perfectly roasted flavorsome carrots with chicken salad sandwiches!
How to prepare it yourself-