What Ingredients Are In Low Carb Chicken Salad
- Chicken Fresh poached chicken breast is the best option. Once its been cooled then either dice or shred it.
- Mayo I like Hellmans the best, it doesnt contain any carbs. But feel free to make your own.
- Red Onion I love adding red onion to pretty much all of my salads.
- Celery Adds a nice crunch to your chicken salad. If you dont like celery its ok, it can be omitted.
- Mustard You can use any kind of mustard, but I went with Dijon.
- Spices I only used a small amount of salt and pepper. I feel that it added just enough flavor.
Add More Deliciousness To Your Inbox
Youre in! Well send you delicious recipes once a week
Finding time to cook every meal can be tough, but not impossible. One way to set yourself up for success is to plan your meals at the beginning of each week so you can stay on track with your health goals.
To that end, this keto chicken salad is a fast and easy recipe to whip up during your meal prep for the week. Its high-protein, filled with healthy fats, and contains almost no carbohydrates so you can maintain those high energy levels and stay keto.
Ingredients For Keto Chicken Salad
This keto chicken salad comes together so simply that you might even have the ingredients in your fridge right now. What do you need?
- Pulled/shredded chicken
- Green onions
Thats it! Told you it was a super easy chicken salad recipe.
Most of the foods we eat around here are seasonal, because lets be honest nothing beats fresh produce. Low carb chicken salad is a rare exception. I gladly make it aaaaall year round.
Fortunately, the fresh herbs in this easy chicken salad recipe are readily available at any time of year . The combination of fresh parsley and dill in there is my favorite.
But if youd like, you can easily swap incorporate some particularly seasonal ones in there too. For example, rosemary sounds like a wonderful addition if you make it in the fall.
Either way, its the fresh herbs that will make this the best chicken salad recipe youve ever tasted!
However, if you like a different twist and prefer not to use mayonnaise, try Healthy Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad without Mayo from Food Faith Fitness. The Mediterranean flavors in it are incredible and its mayo-free, but still whole food and keto friendly. Check out the fresh herbs used here and be inspired to try more variations on this basic chicken salad recipe.
Also Check: Mcdonalds Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad
How To Make Chicken Salad
Making this chicken salad recipe doesnt require much effort, its as easy as 1,2,3!
Here are some time-saving tips to consider:
- Use the meat from a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- Make the chicken in a crockpot or instant pot the day before
- Cook the chicken in the oven along with the bacon on a sheet pan. This method is best for a chopped chicken salad .
- Prep all of the other ingredients while the chicken and bacon are cooking
You May Like: Jersey Mikes Chicken Salad
Benefits Of A Keto Diet
Ketosis is a metabolic state characterized by elevated levels of ketone bodies in the blood. Ketones are produced during periods of fasting and starvation, but also occur naturally in the body during normal metabolism. During ketosis, the liver produces ketone bodies instead of glucose blood sugar for energy. A ketogenic diet is very similar to a calorie restriction diet, except that carbohydrate intake is restricted to less than 5% of total daily caloric intake. On a ketogenic diet, carbohydrates are restricted to 1020 net grams per day. By comparison, a typical Western diet contains approximately 50100 net grams of carbohydrates per day, about half of which come from added sugars. Net carbs are the amount of carbs remaining after subtracting fiber and non-digestible carbohydrates, such as polyols, sugar alcohols, and glycerol. It is generally recommended to stay below 20 net grams of carbs per day, and only 510 if trying to lose weight.
Read Also: How Do You Make Broccoli Salad
Helpful Insights About Chicken Salad Chick Barbie
- Net Carbs are 2% of calories per serving, at 8g per serving. This food is safe for the keto diet. If the amount is close to 25g per serving, consider whether you’re going to eat more food later.
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 33%. At 770mg, it’s considered high in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV . The organization considers any food with %DV of more than 20% as high in sodium. If too high sodium is detrimental to your health, this meal may negatively impact your health goals. 2300mg is the daily maximum sodium amount recommended by the FDA.
Ways To Eat Your Chicken Salad
After you make the Creamy Keto Chicken Salad, there are many ways to serve it. You can put it in a bowl and eat it directly as it is without adding anything extra to it.
If you would like to make a wrap with your chicken salad, consider using romaine lettuce leaves. If you do not like lettuce, you do have other options to prepare your wrap.
There are low-carb wraps that you can use. Add your chicken salad to the wrap with sliced tomatoes and onions. You might even want to add a slice of cheese to the wrap.
Also Check: How To Eat Tuna Salad
Is Greek Yogurt Keto Friendly
Plain Greek yogurt can be enjoyed on a low-carb or keto diet in moderation. Its a great source of protein and is lower in carbs than plain yogurt.
This recipe calls for ¼ of a cup of Greek yogurt, which will have a very minimal impact on the total carbs in the dish. Depending on the brand, that will come out to around 2 net carbs, so about ½ of gram of carbs per serving.
If you prefer not to eat yogurt, you could always substitute with mayonnaise or even mashed avocado. Its entirely up to you and how you choose to approach your keto diet.
A Quick Meal For Busy Days
The total time to make this salad is only about 10 minutes. That includes the five-minute prep time. Youre basically just mixing a handful of ingredients in a large bowl and thats it.
To save even more time, you can use rotisserie chicken. Just make sure that the chicken you buy doesnt have any added sugars. If possible, get one without any rub or marinade on it. As always, the nutrition label is your friend.
If youre not sure about buying ready-made rotisserie chicken, you can cook extra chicken at the beginning of the week and use some of the leftovers for this dish.
Read Also: How Do I Make Chicken Salad
Easy Keto Chicken Salad
This keto chicken salad recipe could not be easier to make! With only seven ingredients, most of which you likely already have on-hand, its no surprise that this recipe is a favorite amongst the keto diet community!
Unlike other low carb chicken salad recipes, this recipe doesnt require you to make any homemade mayonnaise. While quite simple and quick to prepare, sometimes its easier to buy premade mayo at the store. When looking for store-bought keto-friendly mayo, just be sure to check the ingredients to ensure the product is free from inflammatory oils, like canola or soybean, and does not contain any hidden refined-sugar or high fructose corn syrup.
Unlike other chicken salads, this particular recipe contains a variety of ingredients and textures that will do anything but bore your taste buds. We especially love the added crunch of the pecans and raw celery in this dish!
Makes 6 servings
Get the recipe from Perfect Keto.
The Best Chicken Salad For The Keto Diet
Ah, chicken salad.
It’s easily one of my favorite keto salads to make.
Especially for lunch.
It’s healthy and satisfying, fresh and savory, filling, and most importantly, low-carb!
What’s not to love about that?
Seriously, this is the best keto chicken salad recipe you’ll try.
And it’s the perfect fit for anyone trying to lose weight, but who doesnt want to give up their favorite lunch option…like me.
So, lets dive into the process of making it!
You May Like: Clear Glass Salad Bowl Set
Can You Eat Chicken Salad On Keto
Um, YES! Especially this keto summer chicken salad! It is packed full of chicken, healthy veggies, spices and some good old fashioned mayo.
You should always be mindful of what you put on your chicken salad as well as what you put IN it.
Healthy veggies, mayo and some yummy spices are all you need to make an amazing lunch or dinner.
There are so many varieties of salads to try like this keto old fashioned ham salad! YUMMY!
Ingredients For Making This Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
- Chicken: You can use breasts or thighs. It is a great way to use leftover chicken, but you can also cook some chicken up in your instant pot or pick up a rotisserie chicken.
- Bacon: Whatever type of bacon you prefer works, but do check the label to make sure it is sugar-free.
- Pickles: Look for pickles with zero carbs. Bubbies is my go-to brand.
- Celery and Onion: Both add flavor and crunch.
- Pecans: If you have time, toast your pecans first. This brings out the flavor.
- Dill: Fresh is best, but you can use dried if you don’t have fresh.
- Mayonnaise: Make sure you check the label and use a brand that is sugar-free.
- Vinegar: I used apple cider vinegar, but red or white wine vinegar would work as well.
- Mustard: I like Dijon mustard, but grainy brown mustard works too.
- Salt and pepper: Adjust the amount to your liking.
Read Also: How Do You Make Potato Salad
Variations In This Chicken Salad
- The Chicken The chicken should be juicy, not dry. Poached chicken or roast chicken are good options. Buying a cooked rotisserie chicken is quick, easy and works fine. If you roast yourself it is very important to make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- The Dressing Mayonnaise and Greek yoghurt have a similar consistency and tangy taste. Yogurt contains about ten times less calories and twenty times less fat than mayonnaise so if you are counting calories replacing the mayonnaise with yoghurt it is a much healthier option. We love replacing mayonnaise with Greek yoghurt. Adding some mustard and some mayo to Greek yoghurt gives you a similar taste to using mayonnaise. On the keto diet, limiting carbs is very important. Greek yoghurt contains considerably more proteins and carbohydrates than mayonnaise, this recipe will still have low enough carbs to be keto. If you are sticking very strictly to a keto diet, using only mayo is an option to cut carbs.
How Long Does It Last In The Fridge
If you store this chicken salad in an airtight container, itll last about 7-10 days in the refrigerator. The oils might separate from the mayo, so just give it a good mix.
That said, it tastes best when freshly made. If youre going to make enough to store in the fridge, dont mix in the mayo and mustard until youre ready to eat. This will keep the veggies crispy.
You May Like: What Goes In A Cobb Salad
The Best Keto Chicken Recipe
When looking for the perfect keto chicken recipe, heres what you want:
- Easy to make
- Versatile, you can eat it different ways
- Full of healthy fats and flavor.
This keto chicken salad recipe fits the bill on all counts!
Looking for more low carb recipes? Check out this roundup of more Amazing Keto Recipes.
Low carb chicken salad is definitely a staple at our house. Even though my husband isnt a huge fan, I love the convenience of it. And perhaps more importantly, its one of the few solid foods my nine month old daughter will actually eat. After realizing that I dont yet have a post on how to make chicken salad, I knew I had to share my easy chicken salad recipe with you.
Keto chicken salad is a great lunch time treat, simple snack, or even light dinner. Plus, its incredibly versatile, and it comes together in just a few minutes! Thats the best kind of recipe in my book.
Since chicken salad is comforting, healthy, and convenient all at the same time, it just checks so many boxes. It meets the criteria of comfort food in the winter but is light and refreshing for a picnic in the warmer months, too.
Whether you serve it in lettuce boats, on low carb crackers, or have a simple sandwich with it, keto chicken salad is satisfying and yummy. And just in case youre working on some goals, it happens to be all natural, low carb, gluten-free, paleo, and whole30 compatible!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
Jalapeno poppers may quite possibly be the most delicious appetizer on the planet! This recipe takes the traditional jalapeno popper recipe and spins it into a satisfying keto-friendly chicken salad that is bursting with zesty, spicy flavor!
From the tangy dressing to the spice of the jalapenos, this low-carb chicken salad recipe is sure to become an instant favorite! We especially love that its dairy-free, paleo-friendly, and Whole30-compliant, making this dish a perfect option for those who follow a diet that is free from gluten, grains, and dairy.
Ready in just an hour, this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad will be a must-have on your weekly menu!
Makes 4 servings
Get the recipe from Real Balanced.
Read Also: Arby’s Market Fresh Chicken Salad
What Else Can I Add To Keto Chicken Salad
Add anything you like to your Keto Chicken Salad, so long as it’s low carb. Texture is your friend when it comes to creating the best keto chicken salad.
Chopped hard boiled eggs can be added and will bulk up the salad and add lots of extra protein and fats.
Crunchy veggies like sliced celery, diced bell pepper, radishes, or thinly sliced carrots are a great addition to chicken salad too.
Chopped olives or pickles give chicken salad a tangy flavor that I really enjoy too!
Diced avocado is a creamy addition that adds really interested texture to keto chicken salad, and as a bonus, avocado is an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids!
Chicken Salad Chick Keto Menu And Low Carbs Diet
Chicken Salad Chick is a restaurant franchise. It specializes in a wide range of chicken salads . With a few exceptions, they are usually low in carbs. Macaroni and cheese, deli sandwiches, soup, and cookies are also available. The good thing about this restaurant is that many of their items are low carb and dont require anything to be left out.
Chicken Salad Chick provides tasty, scratch-made, Southern-style favorites that are delivered fresh every day and served with affection! Theres something for everyone with over a dozen types of chicken salad to pick from, as well as sides, desserts, and more. Also, they offer keto salads for keto dieters.
Lets discuss about the Chicken Salad Chick menu and its nutritional facts:
Don’t Miss: Bumble Bee Chicken Salad Recipe
Helpful Insights About Chicken Salad Chick Buffalo Barclay Chicken Salad
- Net Carbs are 0% of calories per serving, at 0g per serving. This food is safe for the keto diet. If the amount is close to 25g per serving, consider whether you’re going to eat more food later.
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 35%. At 800mg, it’s considered high in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV . The organization considers any food with %DV of more than 20% as high in sodium. If too high sodium is detrimental to your health, this meal may negatively impact your health goals. 2300mg is the daily maximum sodium amount recommended by the FDA.
Other Ingredients You’ll Need For This Keto Chicken Salad
This recipe is super easy because the above part is the most labor-intensive section of the whole process.
All the other ingredients just need to be chopped or diced at your leisure.
That said, you’ll want to consider prepping these ingredients in advance…
- Hard-boiled eggs
- & Crushed pecans
- Oh, and you can also add a few mini-peppers for color too
A good meal prep strategy is to do a lot of your chopping and dicing beforehand either the night before youll be eating the salad or the morning of.
Then youll have several chicken salad lunches prepared ahead of time just combine the ingredients as you need.
Also Check: How To Cook Chicken Salad
Low Carb Keto Chicken Salad
This easy chicken salad recipe is packed with flavorful herbs. Learn how to make simple, healthy, & naturally low carb chicken salad in just a few minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.
With its versatility, this keto chicken salad is one of those dishes youll want to keep on hand. It checks so many boxes: Comforting, healthy, quick, and convenient, all at the same! It meets the criteria of comfort food in the winter, but is light and refreshing for a picnic in the warmer months, too. Learn how to make low carb chicken salad for a quick low carb lunch, snack, or light dinner, using easy ingredients and just minutes of prep.
More than anything, though, this easy chicken salad recipe is the best to just have around in your fridge for just whenever. When you want something quick or just dont feel like cooking, its there and ready to go. Its satisfying and delicious plain, but there are endless possibilities for getting creative with it, too.