More Ways To Cook Corn For Salad
- Oven Method. Cut the corn kernels off the cob, and spread them on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the kernels with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, tossing to coat. Roast them in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 15 to 20 minutes. To help them brown, broil the kernels for about 3 minutes at the end of the cooking time. Watch carefully so they dont burn.
- Stovetop Method. Cut the corn kernels off the cob. Heat a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Sauté the corn kernels with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir and let cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until browned.
If youre looking for a corn salad that you dont have to cook, this Black Bean Corn Salad is for you.
Corn Avocado And Tomato Salad
We try to teach our kids the value of money. They earn an allowance by doing chores throughout the week.
Today, I looked out the kitchen window to see my son spraying sunblock in the air like tropical air freshener.
All I saw was a mist of dollar bills that stuff is liquid gold. Lesson fail.
Speaking of wasting money, Im pretty sure the ice cream truck guy is stalking us.
I swear he pulls his van up to our house and turns up his carnival music. It puts me in an awkward position.
I look like the grumpy mom if I deny my kids, who are jumping up and down in front of the truck, ice cream in this blasted heat.
Even though my kids use their own money theyve earned, the prices are ridiculously high.
I give in every once in a whileimmediately followed by a lecture about how you can buy a whole carton of ice cream for the same price that the ice cream truck charges for one.
We have a freezer full of said ice cream but the allure of a colorfully painted truck driven by a creepy guy is for some reason much more appealing to them.
This salad can be summed up in one word. FRESH.
Fresh off-the-ear corn, fragrant tomatoes, and perfectly ripe avocados firm but creamy.
You could use frozen corn here but why not take advantage of the fresh corn available right now.
Its all tossed in a lime and cilantro dressing for a bright and summer infused side dish.
I had this Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad recipe at a friends house and have been making it ever since.
More Corn Side Dishes
Corn is one of the best, sweet side dishes for just about any meal. Here are some of my very favorite corn recipes:
- Sweet Corn Casserole Sweet corn casserole combines creamed corn into a southern homemade side dish easily done from scratch. Typically served on a Thanksgiving table, this jiffy corn casserole recipe is so good that your plate will be empty before the dinner is done!
- Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob The best part of this corn on the cob is simply the really easy topping Parmesan cheese and mayo make a surprisingly delicious combination that just heats up the corn and provides a saturated, flavorful crunch in every bite.
- Homemade Cream Corn Indulgent and delicious, you cannot go wrong with this mouthwatering and tasty corn dish as your next favorite way to enjoy this buttery veggie smothered in cheese.
- Mexican Street Corn Salad Under 15 minutes for a tangy simple salad that is perfect for pot luck, this Mexican Street corn salad combines the tangy flavors of corn, lime, and delicious cheeses goes great along side grilled chicken too!
- Cast Iron Corn & Bacon Creamy Corn and Crispy Bacon Smothered in Shaved Parmesan is a delicious corn side dish that really dial up the boring into something wonderful.
Don’t Miss: Will Eating Salad Every Day Help Me Lose Weight
Corn And Tomato Salad Ingredients + Options
Fresh, white sweet corn is your best bet for this salad, since it is used raw in the salad.
Either cherry or grape tomatoes.
Use fresh, not dried.
Either fresh limes or purchased lime juice is fine.
If you consume dairy products, use a brined feta. If you dont, either nix this ingredient or use a vegan cheese. I use Follow Your Heart non-dairy feta when I add feta.
Remove the seeds and pith unless you want a lot of heat added to the salad.
Add beans if you serve this as a main dish, along with extra dressing. Also, when using beans, add one hour of marinading time in the refrigerator to allow the dressing to soak into the beans.
Farm Fresh Tomato Corn And Basil Salad
Sharing is caring!
Garden fresh tomatoes, corn, and basil pair up to form the perfect trio in this Tomato Corn And Basil Salad! This easy summer salad recipe is delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
While fall may be knocking at the door, there is still plenty of time to enjoy the delicious flavors of summer
Fall on our farm is beyond hectic. While we are harvesting all those wonderful fall vegetables such as pumpkins, apples, broccoli and winter squashes we also still have an abundance of delicious tomatoes and sweet corn growing in our fields.
As much as I love fall, I deeply miss the Jersey Fresh tomatoes and sweet corn we grow when the cooler weather digs in. I guess I am a little spoiled. So spoiled that I can literally walk out my back door to the tomato field.
I DREAD buying vegetables at the grocery store during the winter months. So for now, I am enjoying every bite of farm-fresh goodness I can, starting with this quick and easy Tomato, Corn and Basil Salad.
Recommended Reading: Potato Salad With Ranch Dressing
Corn Tomato Feta Salad: Step One
Start the process of preparing corn and tomato salad by properly cleaning two tomatoes. After cleaning them, dice them into small cubes. Make sure the cubes are diced into bite-sized pieces, as it will make the salad look better. Also, this way, people can take appropriate bites.
After dicing, you can move towards the corn. Take two cups of canned corn and put it in a bowl. In the bowl, you can further add tomatoes. Then take the 5 oz crumbled feta cheese and put it into the tomato and corn mixture.
Mix the three ingredients properly till they are combined. Also, if you cannot find crumbled feta cheese, you can take a 5 oz of block feta cheese and then crumble it yourself. Either way, your salad will turn out to be excellent.
Corn And Tomato Salad Recipe
This fresh blend of corn, tomatoes, red onion, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and other seasonings will be your new go-to summer salad! This Corn and Tomato Salad is great for parties, picnics and cookouts! Sweet corn, juicy tomatoes and crisp onions works so well together and its totally vegan and vegetarian friendly!
ALSO CHECK OUT: 33 SUMMER SIDE DISH RECIPES!
The weather is beautiful and you are enjoying the outdoors with friends and family. Youve got the grill fried up and now you just need the perfect side dish!
This Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad is just the thing! It goes great with chicken, burgers, brats, hotdogs, fish or anything on your smoker!
Don’t Miss: Chili Cheese Frito Corn Salad
Corn Salad Recipe Ingredients And Possible Substitutes
- Corn: White corn will work here if thats all you can find but I recommend yellow for a prettier salad.
- Grape tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes will work well too.
- English cucumber: Regular slicing cucumbers can be used, just peel first.
- Red onion: Green onion will work in a pinch.
- Feta: Diced fresh mozzarella or even goat cheese is another tasty option.
- Fresh parsley and basil: Stick with the parsley but cilantro can be used in place of basil.
- Olive oil: Can try with avocado oil or sunflower oil.
- Red wine vinegar: White wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar may be used.
- Lemon juice: If you have lime on hand it works as well.
- Honey: Or equal parts sugar.
- Fresh garlic: 1/4 tsp garlic powder will work in this specific recipe.
- Salt and pepper
Why This Corn Salad Is Amazing
- Easy and quick: it really only needs about 20 minutes of your time to put this salad together. Refrigerating is just an option to allow the flavors to soak in.
- Healthy: This summer tomato corn salad is refreshing and healthy! Loaded with vitamins, minerals, and protein.
- So tasty: zesty and sweet at the same time. So much flavor with every bite.
Cherry or grape tomatoes
Recommended Reading: Is Chicken Salad Chick Healthy
Corn Tomato Salad Recipe
If you’ve never had raw corn, you’re just going to have to trust me on this one. Raw corn is super crunchy and very sweet, but you do need to make sure to get it when it is in peak season. I do not recommend using middle-of-the-winter corn for this. Wait until the summertime to get the freshest, most delicious corn you can find.
Easy Sweet Corn And Tomato Salad With Feta And Basil
This sweet corn and tomato salad with creamy feta and sweet basil is made in under 15 minutes and tastes amazing! The ingredients are in season during the summer, but you can also find them year-round. This colorful salad is light and refreshing and perfect for backyard get-togethers or weeknight dinners.
This corn salad is so easy, and it’s hard to believe that only 7 ingredients are used to make this colorful, healthy and delicious salad.
Summer is a great time to make this salad when corn, tomatoes, and basil are in season. However, the ingredients are usually available year-round in your local grocery store so that you can make it throughout the year.
Corn and tomato salad is a colorful vegetable salad which makes it a great addition to family gatherings, but I bet it will be on your weekly salad rotation.
Read Also: Spode Blue Italian Salad Servers
Is Corn Salad Keto Or Low Carb
Typically tomatoes and corn are not widely used in Keto, but in small increments, can be eaten in most low carb diets. It really depends how strict you choose to be with your dieting. Here is nutritional information for this corn salad- broken down into 6 servings.
This site uses Carb Manager that automatically inputs the ingredients into the system and gives out an estimated nutritional value.
Please always be careful to double check with your own apps. Carb Manager gave this recipe an A.
How Do I Make This Easy Summer Tomato Salad
This salad starts with the ever-popular Jersey Tomato. My husband eats them like apples . You have heard me brag about them before. There is nothing like a Jersey tomato. Ok, so I am a little bias.
We happen to grow a lot of them here on our farm. But, I am 100 percent positive that this recipe will taste just as great with a tomato from your garden or local farmers market. As you probably already know, tomatoes and basil are the perfect duo.
They were made for each other. Add some corn into the mix and create a delicious salad recipe that is perfect for any occasion. I cant forget to mention that I also added a nice amount of fresh mozzarella to round out this salads flavor. Again, tomatoes and mozzarella.need I say more! Toss it all together with a simple dressing and you have yourself one delicious crowd-pleaser!
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Fat Free Salad Dressing
Do I Need To Cook The Corn
Not if you dont want to. Corn kernels are fine to eat raw. This salad is as simple as it gets, so if you need to or prefer to skip the grilling or blanching, do. If however, you would rather grill or blanche your corn first, you need only minimal char marks from your grill or about 2 minutes boiled in water on the stove.
Making The Salad Is As Simple As Mixing All The Ingredients Together
Then once mixed, let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating. You can eat it a bit sooner, but it really becomes so good after its sat for a bit!
The salt seasons the salad but also draws out moisture from the tomatoes and the tomato juice mixes with the olive oil and vinegar to make such a delicious dressing that you will want some bread on the side to sop up every last bit!
Otherwise, you may find yourself holding the empty plate to your lips and sipping itnot that Id know from experience or anything
Don’t Miss: Does Arby’s Have Chicken Salad Sandwiches
What Are My Corn Choices
The first option is to use fresh corn on the cob. You can grill, microwave or boil it. Or use it raw! Yes, sweet corn does not have to be cooked. You can even eat it straight off the cob . This is a great shortcut that delivers big crunchy texture.
The second option is to use frozen corn. A great option when corn is not in season. And a big time saver. No need to cook it. Just thaw under running cold water.
If you choose the raw corn route, its best to get the corn at peak season in a farmers market. This article on eating raw corn has some excellent tips and tricks.
How To Make This Easy Corn Salad
- Make the dressing: In a mixing bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, honey, and Dijon mustard. Mix until well combined. Season with some salt and pepper, whisk again and set aside.
- Prep and cut the salad ingredients: Thinly slice the basil leaves and chop the pepper and onion. Cut the tomatoes in quarters.
- Add the ingredients together: Now combine the corn, crabmeat, red pepper, onion, basil, and tomatoes to a large bowl.
- Add the dressing: Pour the dressing on top of the veggies and toss until well coated with a super delicious dressing. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavors.
- Serve: Toss the salad twice during the chilling process. Serve and enjoy!
You May Like: What’s In Spring Mix Salad
Other Notes And Variations
- ADDITIONS To make this salad go a little further, add Avocado, Black Beans, Jalapenos, Bell Peppers, Feta Cheese Crumbles or Crispy Bacon.
- TOPPINGS AND GARNISHES Top with fresh cilantro, green onions, chives or red pepper chili flakes.
- LIME JUICE Squeeze some fresh limes on your salad to help keep it fresh if it will be out for a while.
Corn And Tomato Salad
This Corn and Tomato Salad is going to be your go-to corn salad for summertime, I promise!
This is one of my favorite summer salads. Fresh corn, tomatoes, red onions and herbs come together to create this flavorful salad that is perfect to accompany dinner or to take to a gathering as a side dish.
You could probably get away with using canned or frozen corn, but I think fresh corn is the secret to this salad tasting so good.
This healthy and refreshing salad is an easy summer side dish!
Also Check: What Goes In A Cobb Salad
Corn Salad With Avocados Tomatoes And A Lime Juice Dressing Delicious Served On Its Own Or As A Side
Guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters, one bowl of Avocado Tomato Corn Salad with avocados and tomatoes is flavourful and easy to throw together! Just read the comments below! The bonus? Vegan and Vegetarian approved!
Our corn salad recipe has been a reader favourite for a couple of years now that we have finally made it on video thanks to you! You askedwe listened!
What Ingredients Will You Need
- TOMATOES We chopped up some fresh, large tomatoes. But Grape, Cherry or Roma Tomatoes will work as well.
- CORN Canned corn. Drained. See my notes below on using fresh corn. You can also char your corn kernels in a skillet before adding it to this salad. It will be an extra step but will add a lot to the presentation and flavor.
- ONION Diced Red Onion is perfect for this recipe. You can also use chopped green onions or scallions.
- PARSLEY FRESH parsley. Chopped. You could substitute this for cilantro if youd like.
- BALSAMIC VINEGAR The base of our homemade balsamic dressing.
- OLIVE OIL Balances the acidity of the vinegar and the tomatoes.
- GARLIC Fresh, minced garlic.
- SALT AND PEPPER To taste. Dont be shy with figuring out exactly the amount that tastes good for you in this recipe. The right amount of salt and pepper can really make or break dishes like this. We used one teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
Don’t Miss: Fruit Salad For Weight Loss
Corn Tomato Feta Salad: Step Two
The next step includes adding flavor to the crunchy corn and tomato salad. You can add salt as per the taste. After that, add pepper to taste. You can also drizzle olive oil and stir the salad till everything is combined.
In the end, add freshly chopped parsley. This ingredient will enhance the flavors and taste of the salad. Lastly, mix the salad and serve it with any of the dishes that you like.
So you see, this flavorful salad requires minimum effort, ingredients, and time. And the result is delicious.