Italian Pasta Salad Recipe Ingredients
- Pasta I made this pasta salad with rotini, but you can use your favorite pasta shape. Farfalle, orecchiette and fusilli all work well. You can also use a whole grain pasta if you prefer.
- Olive Oil Use a good quality olive oil for the dressing. I like to use an extra virgin olive oil that has a brighter flavor.
- Red Wine Vinegar The vinegar adds a great tang of acid and a bold fruity flavor to the dressing. You can also make this recipe with cider vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- Salt and Pepper A little seasoning helps to bring all of the flavors alive!
- Artichoke Hearts Use canned artichoke hearts that arent marinated. Be sure to drain them well and remove the stems.
- Red Onion Unlike white onion, red onion has a milder flavor and can easily eaten raw. Dice it finely so that its not overpowering.
- Diced Pimentos These sweet red peppers arent spicy and add a wonderful flavor to the salad.
- Grated Parmesan I like to toss the salad in freshly grated parmesan for a savory finish. You can make this pasta salad vegan and dairy-free by omitting this.
What Dressing Goes On Pasta Salad
Think about the ingredients in your salad and which type of dressing would pair best with those flavors. For this bowtie pasta salad, I think an italian based dressing or a red wine vinegar based salad dressing tastes the best! Ranch would be yummy too though!
If you are going to a big party be prepared for people to devour this bowtie pasta salad yumminess! Consequently, I love when I make it for just my little family because I know I will have leftovers for lunch the next few days, mmm.
Whats your favorite pasta salad?? Let me know in the comments if you have one! Pasta salad is basically like a food group for me so I have tons of recipes I love!
Pasta Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil is my go-to, but you can substitute Canola oil, avocado oil, etc.
- Vinegar Your favorite! Red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, balsamic or rice wine vinegar are all favorites.
- Mustard Seed This comes in a shelf stable jar just like any other spice. Adds so much flavor to any dressing!
- Minced Garlic You can use fresh garlic cloves, but I always opt for minced garlic available in a jar in the produce section of the grocery store. Its quick, and easy, just like this dish and has amazing flavor. Its a staple in our home and one of my favorite shortcuts!
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional: Herbs Your choice, the options are endless! Fresh is always wonderful but you can use dried, too.
Read Also: Does Eating Salad Help Lose Weight
Lemon Herb Pasta Salad With Marinated Chickpeas
Heres one for all the vegetarians of the world.
And trust me, even if youre not vegetarian, youll fall absolutely in love with this bow tie pasta recipe.
This fragrant pasta dish calls for chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
Cook the pasta, mix all the remaining ingredients and simmer until everything is well-combined.
Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipe
This pasta salad is filled with delicious, summery ingredients that add so much flavor without weighing down the dish. This is also a pasta salad that does NOT have a creamy base, which makes it a much lighter version that will give you all kinds of delicious flavors without making you feel like you ate a boulder. Thats always nice on a hot summer day. After all, theres nothing worse than feeling stuffed to the gills when the heat is absolutely pressing on you.
This tasty pasta salad features grape tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and Italian dressing. It makes a tasty dish thats filled with flavors and that wont make you feel too filled up. Because its so fast, you can make it at a moments notice. Its really the perfect dish on all fronts.
Read Also: How Much Is Soup And Salad At Olive Garden
Easy Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipe
A big batch of this bow tie pasta salad will look so aesthetically pleasing when scooped out onto plates. The beauty also lies in the fact that, once it’s prepared, you can have the pasta salad on hand and ready to serve up in seconds flat for up to three days, as it’s delicious eaten cold straight out of the fridge. As a matter of fact, it’s arguably better that way.
Chef and recipe developer Sher Castellano says this pasta salad “would go great with any summer cookout, barbecue, potluck, or party.” It even makes a great lunch or tasty snack. Another beautiful thing? Castellano says, “This is a really easy recipe nothing major to watch out for.” As long as you can cook pasta according to package directions , chop basil, chives, and tomatoes, and toss some ingredients, you can make this excellent side dish that will be the perfect accompaniment to hot dogs, veggie burgers, salmon fillets, kebabs … and the list goes on.
Tips For Making Pasta Salad
- Always salt your pasta water! This helps to flavor the whole dish and is an important step.
- Choose the right pasta: When making pasta salad I always look for a pasta that has lots of nooks and crannies to hold in the dressing. Bow tie, penne and fussili are all great choices!
- Cook pasta just until al-dente: Over cooking your pasta even by just a minute will lead to a soggy pasta salad. The noodles soften as they sit in the dressing.
- Let it soak up dressing: For at least 2 hours or overnight for best results. I always find pasta salad is better the next day. Just keep in mind you may have to add more dressing.
You May Like: Is Catalina Salad Dressing Gluten Free
How Long Before Pasta Salad Goes Bad
Pasta salad can be kept stored in the fridge in an airtight or well-covered container for up to 4 days. I recommend eating the salad within 48 hours for the best tasting results. Keep in mind that that the flavors may taste even better the day after the salad has been made because they will have had more time to develop and blend together.
Creamy Pasta Salad Dressing
Many pasta salads use Italian dressing for their zesty flavor like this tri color pasta salad or this Italian pasta salad. But did you know you can mix it with another dressing to make it both creamy and loaded with flavor? Simply use equal parts Italian dressing and Caesar dressing and you have an amazing pasta salad dressing! Add in some grated Parmesean cheese to take the flavor over the top.
You May Like: Where Can I Get A Taco Salad
Bow Tie Pasta Salad Ingredients
- Bow Tie Pasta Noodles You can use the noodle of your choice, but I like using bow tie for the prettiest pasta salad. It holds the cheese and mustard grain and looks beautiful!
- Feta A slightly salty Greek cheese from Sheeps or Goats milk is often tolerated by those who are dairy free.
- Basil Fresh basil adds so much flavor and color to this pasta salad. Slice thin. You can use a sprig to garnish on top as well.
- Cherry Tomatoes Use red or a blend of yellow, orange and red to add even more color.
- Lemon Vinaigrette A blend of lemon juice, olive oil, whole grain mustard, and minced garlic coats the noodles to perfection.
- Salt and Pepper Season to taste. I like to use thick flakes of black peppercorns from a grinder for the best flavor.
An Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
Pasta salad is always on the menu for any summer gathering. Its such a perfect side dish to add to a meal of grilled chicken, burgers, brats, fried chicken, and more. This Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipe is so good, youll be finding every reason to make it all year long! The bow ties look so pretty and hold up well with the dressing and other ingredients. This is one of those recipes everyone will be asking you to send to them.
Recommended Reading: Wendy’s Strawberry Fields Salad
Prep And Measure All The Ingredients
In a large soup pot, combine the vegetable broth and the diced tomatoes. Add all the chopped vegetables and spices and bring to a boil. Once the pot reaches a boil, add in the pasta and chickpeas.
Boil until the pasta is cooked al dente. This should cook most of the liquid out of the pot .
Turn off the heat, stir in the parsley, put a lid on the pot, and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes.
Cook The Pasta And Make The Dressing
Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil, and then cook the pasta according to package’s directions. Note that Castellano says, “Al dente pasta is preferred overcooked pasta would yield a poor texture.” Once the pasta is al dente, drain the hot pasta water, and rinse the noodles under cold water until the pasta becomes room temperature, which will take about one minute.
Then, in a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and the chopped basil, stirring until the ingredients are well combined, and then set aside.
Also Check: Best Foods Mayonnaise Potato Salad
Italian Bowtie Pasta Salad
Colorful veggies are tossed with bowtie pasta, Genoa salami, Parmesan cheese and a super simple Italian dressing for the ultimate Italian Bowtie Pasta Salad! This pasta salad calls for simple ingredients, takes little time to whip up and absolutely delicious!
This past weekend I spent from sun up to almost sun down at Mallorees softball tournament. Its an all day affair of watching games of softball intermingled with sometimes lengthy breaks in-between. All of us parents sign up to bring something and contribute to lunch for the group. One of the parents brings his charcoal grill and will cook something fantastic. Theres something about the smell of a charcoal grill that puts a gas grill to shame. On Saturday he grilled marinated pork chops and there was also biscuits, a green salad and one giant bowl of colorful pasta salad. Needless to say, this bowl of carb-heaven got my wheels turning and inspired the recipe for this post.
I have always been and will forever be a pasta salad fan. How can anyone not be? If youre gluten sensitive, theres lots of gluten-free pasta that can be used instead. Hallelujah!
How To Choose Bow Tie Pasta Recipes: The Buying Guide
How do you choose the bow tie pasta recipes? You must consider many things, such as the brand name, price, and product quality. In addition, you should also consider whether it is suitable for your needs or not.
So how do you choose the right bow tie pasta recipes? Here are some tips that you can use to help you find a good product:
What you Should Keep in Mind When Buying bow tie pasta recipes
When shopping for a bow tie pasta recipes, there are several things to consider. You need to think about the quality of the product, the price, and even how much it will benefit your life. However, you also need to keep these factors in mind:
Don’t Miss: Joseph And Joseph Salad Bowl
Here Are Some Pasta Salad Variations You May Want To Try:
- Sub the farfalle for another pasta, like rotini or penne.
- Swap out the veggies- cucumbers, red onion, and cauliflower can all be used here.
- Add some briny pickled veggies like banana peppers or olives.
- Sub the salami for pepperoni or ham cubes.
- Add cubed cheese to the mix if youve got it. My kids love this version!
Favorite Bowtie Pasta Salad Ingredients
While some of the basic ingredients may change, the star of this pasta salad is the bow tie shaped pasta! Not only does it hold up well to the creamy mayo dressing but the shape complements round peas, diced pieces of ham and cheese. Like most pasta salad recipes, you can add or remove ingredients based on what you have on hand this recipe is very versatile.
- Base: Bow Tie pasta .
- Meat & Cheese: cheddar cheese & ham are my favorite choices. You can make bowtie pasta salad with feta and skip the ham and make it with chicken or pepperoni.
- Veggies: I love pasta salad with peas! Add white onion , bell pepper .
These are just the basics! Get creative with what you have on hand and make your own custom summer bow tie pasta salad with items like sliced black olives, celery and even sun-dried tomatoes!
Read Also: Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing Bottle
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
Pickles and pasta are a weird match, I admit.
However, the sourness of the pickles really highlights other flavors in the dish and adds dimension, so I highly encourage you to try it.
You need dill pickles, cheddar, lettuce, red cabbage, mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder.
This quick pasta dish is like bolognese but with a twist.
First, you need to cook the chicken and set it aside to rest for 20 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and add the pasta as the last step.
Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes to ensure that all flavors have set in.
To Make This Italian Bowtie Pasta Salad You Will Need:
- cherry tomatoes I personally like these so much better than grape tomatoes, but feel free to use those too)
- yellow and orange bell peppers
- small broccoli crown
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
First things first bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once at a rolling boil, add in a good heaping tablespoon and give it a stir before adding in 12 ounces of bowtie pasta. Follow the instructions on the package cooking the pasta until al dente. Then pour the cooked pasta into a colander thats set into you sink and drain the pasta. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and cool down the bowties, toss every once and again with a spatula to drain properly.
Now Make the Dressing.
In a glass jar or container with a tight-fitting lid, grate in a clove of garlic. Measure and add in 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes and I add about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. However, taste and season to your preference.
Next, pour in 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar and 6 tablespoons of good quality olive oil. Secure the lid tightly and shake until combined.
While the pasta is cooking and then draining, dice 1/4 of a pound of Genoa salami into small pieces. Then dice the peppers, section the broccoli into small bite-size florets and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
Add all those colorful veggies into the bowl of cooked and cooled bowtie pasta, giving it a quick toss.
Then cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Read Also: Traditional Potato Salad Recipe With Egg
What Type Of Pasta Should I Use For Pasta Salad
In this recipe, we are using bow tie pasta this is because it looks cool, feels fun, and has nooks and crannies that can help to hold the flavor of the vinaigrette to the noodle. If you want to use a different type of noodle, go right ahead. Just make sure to grab one with lots of nooks and crannies like a curly rotini or even a penne pasta.
How Do You Refresh Pasta Salad
If your pasta feels dry when you go in for another bowl you can refresh the dish by adding in a little more olive oil to help rehydrate the dish. You wont need much . If needed, add more salt, pepper, or oregano to the pasta to help add more flavor.
Need more? Check out these great pasta salad recipes
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp: salt, pepper, and oregano
You May Like: Where Can I Order A Salad
My Favorite Pasta Salad
Im always looking for a good side dish that is great for crowds. I first made this Bow Tie Pasta Salad over 10 years ago and it instantly became a favorite. I have made it over and over again over the years.
This is one of those dishes that you look at the ingredients and wonder how they all work together, but they really do. This salad is so good take it to a potluck and people are going to be asking for the recipe!
Dont let the list of ingredients throw you off. Grapes? In a pasta salad? Just trust me that it all works together so well, and that this will soon become a summer favorite of yours, too.