Can I Make Seven
You can absolutely make this dip ahead.
Even just making all components ahead is super easy. You can mix together the beans and seasoning, the cream cheese and sour cream, and have everything chopped and ready to go the night before.
As mentioned above, since this recipe does not incorporate any guacamole, you can easily make it the whole dish up and cover it until youre ready.
It should hold in the fridge for two to three days, but since its so quick to make, I wouldnt make it too far ahead. Youll want to avoid the sour cream and veggies from becoming wet and loose.
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 can refried beans
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 container sour cream
1 jar salsa
1 large tomato, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 can sliced black olives, drained
2cupsshredded Cheddar cheese
Tips For The Best Dip
Using canned ingredients will make putting this dip together a breeze. All youll need to do is chop up the veggies and mix the other layers together.
For the smoothest cream cheese layer, always use soft cream cheese thats room temperature. It will be so much easier to incorporate the sour cream that way.
If youre going to make your own refried beans, try to get dried pinto beans and soak them overnight.
Not only are dried beans cheaper, but they will make for a creamier end result.
Since this recipe doesnt include a layer of guacamole, you can make it ahead the night before. This will give everything time to set, and the flavors will be even better after a night in the fridge.
If youre going to add a layer of guacamole, make it and add it right before serving, so that it wont go brown.
A great way to serve this dip is in a glass dish, so your guests can see all those layers and really try to dig to the bottom.
A big bowl of nacho cheese Doritos, or spicy Doritos, makes the perfect crunchy partner.
I would even make up a batch of cheesy nachos to give it an extra delicious flavor boost.
Another great way to change this up would be to add a layer of chicken taco dip. The shredded chicken, bean, corn, and cheese layer will blow your mind.
How To Make Layered Taco Dip
Layer 1:Cream cheese.
In a small bowl, blend cream cheese with sour cream and taco seasoning. You can make homemade taco seasoning, or use one packet of store bought. Spread this in the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish. This can also be assembled in a trifle bowl!
Layer 2:Meat or beans.
Brown one pound of ground beef and add taco seasoning mix. If you prefer to keep this vegetarian, you can use refried beans or black beans instead. You can also use your slow cooker to make your taco meat ahead of time!
Once the meat is browned, spread over the top of layer one.
Layer 4:Sour Cream.
We use a thin layer of sour cream to allow even the pickiest of eaters to enjoy this dip. But if you love the creamy white stuff, slather it on thick!
Layer 5: Salsa.
The thicker the better. I find most store brand salsas are too watery for this dip. I mean, they work great for the first ten minutes, then the salsa layer really starts to get watery.
For best results, a homemade Pico de Gallo would be my number one choice. But, if you dont have time to make your own, the thickest salsa you can find is the best option!
Cheddar. Colby Jack. Mexican Blend. Pick your favorite shredded taco cheese and pile it on!
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Don’t Miss: Reser’s Garden Pasta Salad
Layer Taco Salad Recipes
EASY MEATY 7-LAYER TACO DIP
A favorite party appetizer that never lasts long! It has much more layers than most taco dips, but is still very simple to make! Make sure you drain the tomatoes well, or it will ruin your dip with its juices.
Recipe From food.com
Number Of Ingredients 10
SEVEN LAYER TACO DIP
I am continuously asked to bring this dip for parties and family get-togethers. People gather around the platter until it’s gone.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by SUE CASE
Serving Your Gorgeous Layered Picnic Salad
Some layered salad recipes will suggest that you can toss the whole salad together before serving, to mix the ingredients. We really prefer leaving it layered, just as it is, and serving it with a long-handled serving spoon so people can scoop all the way to the bottom to get a bit of all the different layers and flavors.
Why mess up your beautiful salad-scape by pre-mixing it into a jumbled mess?
Just 7 layers 7 gorgeous, showstopping, hit-of-the-party layers. And so easy, too! This taco salad is truly picnic perfect, every time!
Don’t Miss: Does Taco Bell Still Have A Taco Salad
Seven Layer Taco Salad
Tacos, one way or another, have landed a special place in many of our hearts . And whats not to love? Cheese, meat, veggies all packed with flavor – YUM! And theres so many different ways to enjoy these flavors: traditional tacos, taco salad, taco soup, taco dip…the list goes on! The versatility alone makes tacos a great option for families – no matter who likes eating what and whos not eating that.
We have to give the credit and kudos for this one to Melody ! She shared with us this fantastic creation : Seven Layer Taco Salad , and we are loving it! This one truly can come together in just under 30 minutes and keeps in the fridge until youre ready to serve . Its perfect just as it is scooped onto a plate or you can serve with other dippers.
The way were sharing it with you today is just one of many ways you can enjoy this recipe. While bacon isnt a traditional taco topping, weve heard that its amazing in this recipe! Weve used diced tomatoes, but you could also use a homemade salsa in place of the diced tomatoes! MRC Clients, a few things to note:
- Beans are optional. If used, they count as a carbohydrate serving. We think mashing them to create a refried bean feel is a great twist on black beans
- If not using beans, then you could accompany this dish with a different carbohydrate – taco seasoned brown rice, low calorie tortilla wrap, or homemade tortilla chips
- If using bacon, this is a healthy fat. Be sure to reduce your avocado serving accordingly
How Long Does 7 Layer Dip Last
If kept covered tightly with plastic wrap, 7 Layer Dip can last up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Keep in mind that guacamole can start to turn brown quickly once exposed to oxygen. If youre prepping this dip ahead of time, the guacamole should be fine as long as its covered completely with the sour cream.
Read Also: Which Fast Food Has The Best Salad
The Right Chicken For This Salad
To be honest, we normally just grab a rotisserie chicken at the store if we realize at the last minute that we want to make this salad. Its a super quick and easy solution!
If youre more of a planner, then you can also just cook up a couple of extra chicken breasts earlier in the week, and keep them in the fridge until youre ready to layer up this salad.
How To Make Seven Layer Dip
- Start by amping up some classic refried beans with some Rotel diced tomatoes and taco seasoning. You can either make your own refried beans or you can use the canned stuff for a quick alternative. Spread the beans into the bottom of a 7×11 casserole dish.
- PRO TIP The beans do not need to be heated prior to making the dish. If you make homemade, let them cool before layering.
Also Check: How To Meal Prep Salad For A Week
What Are The Seven Layers In 7 Layer Dip
- Refried beans
- Sliced black olives
- Green onions
Im giving you the traditional recipe today, but one of the things I love most about this is that there is no wrong way to do it. I make mine with guacamole and fresh tomatoes, but my mom makes hers with shredded lettuce and a layer of salsa. You could even land somewhere in between and make a fresh pico de gallo for your tomato layer.
In this recipe you mix the refried beans with taco seasoning but I have also had a version where you mix the sour cream and taco seasoning. You can also make it with taco meat if you like!
Any way you make it will be delicious, and I promise it will disappear quickly at parties. So dont hesitate to make this dip your own by adding and changing things based on what you like best.
Tips For Making Homemade Taco Salad
There are so many ways to make this salad your own and to mix-and-match the ingredients based on what you have on hand and enjoy:
- Use another color of bell pepper .
- Add an onion to the ground beef while its browning.
- Add salsa to the beef and bean mixture.
- Use black beans rather than refried.
- Top with avocado, guacamole, sour cream dollops, black olives, green onions, cilantro.
- I used white corn tortilla chips but you can also use Doritos, or experiment with Fritos or another favorite kind of corn-based chip.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Tomato For Caprese Salad
More About 7 Layer Taco Salad Recipes
SEVEN-LAYER TACO SALAD RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
- In 13×9-inch glass baking dish, layer salad greens, tomatoes and onions. In 1-quart bowl, mix mayonnaise and taco seasoning mix spread over onions. Top with chicken and cheese. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
7 LAYER TACO SALAD – SALTY SIDE DISH | EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES
- Layer each item into a large trifle bowl beginning with the lettuce and ending with the green onions.
THE BEST 7 LAYER DIP RECIPE
- Layer 1: Blend cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream and 1 package taco seasoning until smooth. Spread in bottom of dish.
- Layer 2: Meat or Beans. Brown your ground beef in a medium skillet over high heat until all the pink is out. Drain meat and add 1 package taco seasoning . Spread meat over the first layer. If you prefer, use a can of refried beans instead of meat.
- Layer 3: Guacamole. Spread 1 1/2 cup of either homemade guacamole or already prepared guacamole over the meat.
EASY 7-LAYER CHICKEN TACO SALAD – TWO HEALTHY KITCHENS
- In a second medium bowl, combine chicken, Greek yogurt, remaining 1/2 cup salsa, onion powder, salt, and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl , layer the salad in the following order: 1) Lettuce, 2) Cheese, 3) Black beans, 4) Salsa mixture, 5) Corn, 6) Chicken and dressing mixture, 7) just before serving, sprinkle salad with crushed tortilla chips and additional cilantro .
TASTY LAYERED TACO SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
7-LAYER TACO DIP | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
7 LAYER TACO SALAD | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Is This Dip Served Hot Or Cold
This classic version of a seven-layer taco dip is served cold. Even if you incorporate a meat layer, it will still be served cold.
Though, there are a few amazing hot dip recipes that are totally worth a try for your next party.
But for a dip that you can make ahead and bring somewhere, this has to be the best!
If you think youll be missing out on that warmth, try serving with hot nachos!
Read Also: Healthy Low Calorie Salad Dressing
How To Make 7 Layer Bean Dip
- Seven layer bean dip begins with refried beans mixed with milk.
- Using a hand mixer not only makes the mixing easy, it helps with a creamy consistency so your chips dont break as you scoop it!
Before serving, chill the 7 layer dip for about an hour, this brings the flavors together!
How To Make 7
To being making this outrageously good ranch raco dip, start by mixing the taco seasoning and refriend beans together in a small bowl. Then spread the taco seasoned refried beans in a 13×9 pan.
After the refried beans, add the guacamole. Spread out over the beans. Next, mix the ranch and sour cream together. Spread the ranch sour cream over the guacamole layer.
Over the top of the sour cream start loading up the vegetable layers. The first layer of vegetables can be the shredded lettuce. I prefer using the bagged shredded lettuce, but you could cut your own shredded lettuce. Spread the lettuce over the sour cream and follow with the shredded cheese.
When the cheese is all spread out, top off with pico de gallo. If you just have tomatoes, that will work just fine for this layer of the taco dip also. Spread out over the entire dip as well.
Finally, the seventh layer – olives and green onions. Now, if you are not an olive person, just leave them off. Just add more onions with the green onions. And then you and your taco 7-layer dip are ready for the enjoyment.
Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips. Be warned, this does get watery, the longer you keep it. Make this to eat the same day.
Don’t Miss: Chili Cheese Frito Corn Salad
Other Uses For Taco Seasoning
If you decide to make your own homemade taco seasoning for this recipe, you will have extra! Here are a few other ideas for ways to use taco seasoning.
- Stir it into any creamy dip .
- Really, you could add it to just about any meat-based meal to transform it into a tasty, spicy food. Im thinking burgers or even chicken.
- Use it as a rub on your next batch of ribs!
- Add it to salad dressing for an extra zing.
Will you help add value to Pip and Ebby?If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating and leave a comment. THANK YOU!
What Are The 7 Layers In 7
Now for the layers for this spicy ranch 7-layer taco dip. I will be honest, there are more than 7 ingredients in this recipe. But the ingredients do come together for a delicious 7 layers.
- Refried Beans + Taco Seasoning – Traditional refried beans and your normal taco seasoning will work just fine. No need to cook the beans. They will be good to go.
- Guacamole – Store boughten guacamole works just fine for this. I buy the box with pouches inside on the regular from Sam’s Club and Aldi on the regular.
- Sour Cream + Spicy Ranch or Regular Ranch – Standard, regular sour cream in a 16-ounce tub plus spicy ranch seasoning. Or normal ranch seasoning works fine too. If you want less spice, go the normal route. Then mix just like you would for a ranch dip.
- Lettuce – Shredded, bagged lettuce is perfect for this recipe.
- Cheese – Shredded Mexican blend cheese or colby jack is a good substitution.
- Pico De Gallo – Either a homemade pico da gallo or a store bought one. Our grocery stores sell pico in the produce area that we love.
- Olives + Green Onions – Canned sliced olives and then fresh green onions. If you don’t like olives, go without them.
Read Also: Jersey Mike’s Chicken Salad
How To Make 7 Layer Taco Salad
- 1Mix softened cream cheese with sour cream and 1 package of taco seasoning until smooth. Place on bottom of large, deep container.
- 2Prepare ground beef and 1 package of taco seasoning as per package instructions. Drain and spread over layer one.
- 33rd layer: Spread chopped lettuce over meat.
- 44th layer: Chopped onions.
- 55th layer: Chopped tomatoes .
- 66th layer: Jalapeno peppers if desired. Dependent upon who the audience is, I will either finely chop them or just slice and layer them.
- 77th layer: Spread cheese all over the top.
- 8Refrigerate over night preferably to allow the flavors to meld.
- 9When ready to serve, allow to come to room temp before serving or your chips will break off in the bottom layer.
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
More Tex Mex Snack Recipes
One of my favorite things to serve at a party or get together is chips and salsa or dip. Here are a few of my tex mex favorites!
Try this Tomatillo Salsa recipe for an authentic, tangy Mexican salsa verde. Perfect for pairing with tacos, enchiladas or a big bowl of chips!
Tropical Pineapple Salsa is a spicy, sweet, colorful snack idea! So versatile, you can enjoy with tortilla chips or spoon it over your favorite grilled chicken or fish!
My love for the farmers market inspired this delicious Watermelon Peach Salsa. Youll love the fruit paired with the spice!
This Mango Salsa is tropical, refreshing, and totally delicious!
These Taco Tortilla Stacks have been made in our family for years! They are so easy to assemble ahead of time, and serve as a quick snack for a crowd. We enjoy ours served with salsa!
Need a delicious game day snack that wont completely ruin your diet? Try making a batch of this Healthy Taco Dip.
You May Like: Sugar Free Salad Dressing Walmart