The Calories In Wendys Salads
Wendys Taco Salad
If youre getting the taco salad, you might as well go all the way and get the full size because half isnt even close to half the calories. Along with the signature lettuce blend , the taco salad has shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, tortilla chips and chili.
Calories in the half order: 430
- 16 grams of protein
You May Like: Macys Salad Bowl Set
What Is Wendys 4 For $4 Meal Deal
Pick a sandwich from the following list along with 4 piece Nuggets, Junior Fries, and Value-Sized Drink for only $4.
- Double Stack Sandwich
- Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich
You can upgrade your Fries and Drink to Medium for an additional $0.99 or upgrade to a Large size for an additional $1.59.
How Much Does A Wendy’s Taco Salad Cost
Wendy’s is one of the best places to stop when you’re looking for good, quick food at a reasonable cost. Their 4-for-$4 and Biggie Bag deals are both great options that won’t break the bank, and for the times that you’re looking to get in a few extra veggies, their famous taco salad is a relatively cheap order as well. While cost does vary by location, Fast Food Price reports that the average price for any one of Wendy’s salad options rings in at $6.99 before tax. Some Redditors feel that this is a bit too much to shell out for a fast-food salad, but in terms of the chain’s taco salad specifically, it’s actually a pretty good deal considering everything that comes with the meal. As user @luka_beth pointed out, ordering a taco salad from Wendy’s essentially gets you a three-course meal: the salad itself, as well as chips and salsa, and a bowl of chili, which Fast Food Price says goes for about $3 alone. We’re not sure about you, but we certainly think all that food for just $7 is a steal.
Like most eateries, Wendy’s has a mobile app and rewards program that patrons can use to save a bit of money when ordering from the chain. No space on your phone to download yet another restaurant’s app? No problem. Wendy’s also lists a few deals on its website and will even send coupons straight to your digital or real-life mailbox.
You May Like: What Do You Put In Tuna Fish Salad
Heres How Wendys Taco Salad Is Made Today
The undeniable popularity of Wendys taco salad was clear proof that the chain had done something right when it was first created so many years ago, and when they brought it back, they knew they needed to stay true to its original recipe. We love how nostalgic and passionate our loyal taco salad fans are and look forward to introducing it to a new generation of fans with the same build and quality ingredients, Wendys vice president of brand marketing, Carl Loredo, said in 2016 when the salad made its return .
Just like the taco salad from 1982, the current version on Wendys menu includes a bed of chopped romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, and a bowl of its perfectly seasoned and positively irresistible signature chili on the side that contains red kidney beans, pinto beans, and ground beef . Customers are also given tortilla chips, sour cream, and salsa, which the chain promises are of the highest quality. The taco chips are made from whole grain corn. The signature salsa is made with roasted tomatoes, jalapeño, and ancho peppers, Wendys Culinary Innovation team member Emily Kessler told The Square Deal. And its all served on the side, giving customers the option to top or dip their salad as they choose. As for dressings, the chain has four to choose from: pomegranate vinaigrette, Caesar, and both a regular and southwest ranch.
Read Also: Does Taco Bell Still Have A Taco Salad
Keto Friendly Burger Options
Its only fitting to start with burger options at one of the leading fast food burger joints out there. The burger options at Wendys are plentiful so lets start with discussing how to order their burgers.
We have our lettuce wrap ordered and are ready to fill it, so lets discuss burgers. Some keto friendly burgers are:
For the kiddos, or the young at heart try a:
- Or A Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe- Just takeaway the bacon and you have 210 calories, 3 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 2 net carbs, 17 grams of fat, and 12 grams of protein.
- A Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger- It has 260 calories, 3 grams of carbs, 0 grams of fiber, 3 net carbs, 21 grams of fat, and 15 grams of protein.
While you may need a fork and knife to eat your Wendys baconator, these are all still fantastic options to eat low carb fast food burgers. If you want to make your burgers even lower in carbs make sure to ask for no onions and tomatoes to save on carbs.
Recommended Reading: Soy Vay Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing Recipe
Wendys Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
Wendys Apple Pecan Chicken Salad, a perennial favorite, is composed of an apple pecan salad base blend, grilled chicken breast, blue cheese crumbles, and roasted pecans.
The Apple Pecan Chicken Salad is served with Marzettis Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing. The entire salad is 570 calories, 7 grams of fiber, and 38 grams of protein.
Read Also: What Are The Ingredients For A Cobb Salad
Is This Copycat Wendys Southwest Avocado Salad Healthy
It depends! Healthy doesnt have a real black-and-white definition, but its something thats influenced by a lot, the sum of many choices. But when it comes to food and your overall eating pattern, yes this salad can absolutely fit into a healthy, balanced diet! And its a balanced meal in and of itself, too.
Its high in protein, making it beneficial for muscle recovery and satiety. All of the vegetables, avocado, and black beans make it a high fiber choice as well. Fiber plays many beneficial roles in the body, including helping keep your blood sugar steady. The fat in the salad helps with that, too!
Read Also: New York Times Cobb Salad
Grilled Avocado Blt Chicken Sandwich
The grilled avocado BLT chicken sandwich has 600 calories, 31 grams of fat, 36 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, and 45 grams of protein.
The majority of these carbs come from the bun. If you want to get this burger down to as few carbs as possible, then you can ask to hold the tomato, creamy avocado, and ranch dressing.
How to order: ask for a grilled avocado BLT chicken sandwich in a lettuce wrap or without the bun. Make sure not to order the crispy version because its breaded and contains more carbs!
The Best Breakfast Options For Keto At Wendys
Fast food breakfasts can sometimes be iffy, but thankfully we were able to find quite a few good breakfast options to eat low carb at Wendys. Remember to start by asking for your breakfast without the bun, biscuit, or croissant! Some great breakfast menu items are:
- Bacon Egg & Cheese- Ah the classic bacon egg and American cheese breakfast sandwich. This is one of the best keto options at almost all fast food restaurants.There are190 calories, 2 grams of carbs, 0 grams of fiber, 2 net carbs, 6 grams of fat, and 12 grams of protein.
- Sausage Egg & Cheese- Another one of the typical keto options at a fast food stop. Its high in protein and low in carbs when you ask for no bun. Wendys sausage egg and American cheese sandwich has 370 calories, 3 grams of carbs, 0 grams of fiber, 3 net carbs, 33 grams of fat, and 17 grams of protein.
- The Breakfast Baconator- This high protein breakfast sandwich is specific to Wendys and is perfect if youre trying to eat keto on the go. There are560 calories, 6 grams of carbs, 0 grams of fiber, 6 net carbs, 47 grams of fat, and 29 grams of protein.
- A Sausage Patty on the Side Has- 240 calories, 2 grams of carbs, 0 grams of fiber, 2 net carbs, 22 grams of fat and 9 grams of protein.
- A Side of Bacon Has- 60 calories, 1 carb, 0 grams of fiber, 1 net carb, 4 grams of fat, and 4 grams of protein.
Also Check: Where Can I Get A Chef Salad
Wendys Salads Healthy Fast Food
Published: by Lynda
Wendys salads are good healthy fast food options, making healthy eating while on the go a possibility. The full-size premium salads are always freshly made. Heres a look at 7 of Wendys salads.
Healthy fast food options are not wishful thinking they are a reality. For the sake of this post, the word healthy is simply going to refer to options that have at least 2 servings of plant-based whole foods.
Wendyssalads are good healthy fast food options, making healthy eating while on the go a possibility.
Can You Freeze Wendys Chili
My healthier version of Wendys chili freezes very well. Place any leftover chili into airtight containers or meal prep containers once cooled. It will also keep well for up to five days in the refrigerator.
This Wendys chili recipe can be made ahead of time and then frozen, which is perfect for meal prep! Youll have a quick and convenient batch of chili ready for a busy weeknight.
It freezes best in single serving portions or family-sized servings. If stored properly, frozen chili can last from three to six months.
Also Check: Best Things To Put In Salad For Weight Loss
You May Like: 8 Oz Salad Dressing Bottles
To Eat Keto At Wendys Here Are Some Of Our General Tips:
- Order your favorite salad with no croutons, minimal or no fruit, and a savory dressing to add some extra fat.
- Order a cheeseburger with no bun, add bacon, and add your favorite low carb toppings.
- Be sure to ask for your condiments on the side! That way you have more control over whats going on your food.
- If you ask for your sandwich without a bun, Wendys will give you your food with a fork and knife.
- Ask for a lettuce wrap instead of a bun if you want to pick up and eat your sandwich with your hands.
Wendys Double Cheeseburger with No Bun, Add Onion, Pickles and Lettuce
What Is The Healthiest Side At Wendys
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Amish Potato Salad
How Many Carbs Are In A Taco Salad From Wendys
Accordingly, how many carbohydrates in Wendy’s Taco Salad?
Also Know, how many carbs are in a taco salad without the shell? Nutrition Facts
Also Know, is Wendy’s Taco Salad low carb?
Low–Carb SaladsFor example, Wendy’s full-sized Apple Pecan Chicken Salad contains 52 grams of carbs and a whopping 40 grams of sugar . Moe’s Taco Salad with adobo chicken, fresh jalapenos, cheddar cheese and guacamole: 325 calories, 23 grams of fat, 9 grams of carbs and 28 grams of protein .
Is Wendy’s Taco Salad good for you?
Wendy’s Taco SaladSalads seem healthy. At fast food restaurants, they usually aren’t. A Wendy’s Taco Salad, for example, contains 660 calories, 13 grams of saturated fat, 18 grams of sugar, and nearly 2,000 milligrams of sodium. A salad might not always taste salty, but that doesn’t mean your heart is safe.
Taco Salad Bowlstaco saladtortilla shellcaloriestaco saladtortilla bowl
What Type Of Salads Does Wendys Have
Currently, Wendys serves five different salad menu items including their new Jalapeno Popper Salad, Chicken Caesar Salad, Southwest Avocado Salad, Taco Salad, and Apple Pecan Salad. Each salad comes with its own dressing and Wendys serves the toppings on the side to keep them nice and crispy.
It should also be noted that all of these salads contain meat, so if you are meat-free, ask for the chicken to be removed or skip the chili on the taco salad.
Also Check: Calories In Wendys Taco Salad
What Fast Food Is Keto Friendly
If youre new to keto, you might be struggling with adjusting to your new way of eating. If youre used to consuming fast food frequently, this is probably a difficult adjustment for you. Luckily, weve done our research to help you get your fast food fix and stay keto! Lots of fast food can be keto friendly if you know where to go and what to order!
On our Keto Fast Food List What and Where to Order, we list 14 different restaurants and give you multiple examples of low carb options to order at each fast food joint!
Check out post on How to Order Keto at Chipotle for tons of ideas on ordering low carb meals at your favorite Mexican fast food place!
If you found this post and youre ready to start a keto diet, check out our 5 Day Budget Keto Meal Plan. Youll get 5 days worth of recipes and eat for under $5 per day!
For something a little longer term, you might be interested in our 4 week keto meal prep course. It comes with 4 weeks of keto meal plans , weekly keto grocery lists, 40 keto recipe ebook, how to meal prep ebook, videos and more!
Or if youve been doing keto for a while and just need a little help meal planning, weve got you covered! Get 1 week of keto meal plans for free!
If you loved this post or any of our recipes, please leave a comment below. We love hearing from you! You can also tag #theketoqueens on social media. To stay up-to-date, on , , and .
More About Wendys Half Taco Salad Nutrition Recipes
COPY CAT WENDY’S ORIGINAL TACO SALAD
- Place a couple of good handfuls of cold lettuce in a bowl or on a plate. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and chopped tomatoes.
WENDY’S TACO SALAD – COPYKAT RECIPES
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef drain. Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients in a 6-quart pot. Cover the pot let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
WENDY’S TACO SALAD – THE GIRL ON BLOOR
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over med-high heat. Add onions and celery, sauteeing for 2-3 minutes until veggies soften. Add ground beef and brown for another 2-3 minutes before adding garlic, chili powder, coriander, salt & pepper. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes until flavours develop.
- Add kidney beans, pinto beans, tomatoes and beef broth, then bring to a boil. Lower heat to med-low then cover with a lid and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- If meal prepping as lunches: Add chili to the bottom of mason jars, then layer in cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and pack tortilla chips in a separate bag. This way veggies will stay fresh for the week .
COPYCAT WENDY’S TACO SALAD RECIPE – MASHED.COM
WENDYS TACO SALAD RECIPE » RECIPEFAIRY.COM
WENDY’S FULL SIZE TACO SALAD NUTRITION FACTS
WENDYS SALADSWHICH IS THE HEALTHIEST? – TASTE OF HOME
FromEstimated Reading TimeFromEstimated Reading TimeFrom
Also Check: Avocado Chicken Salad Wendy’s
How To Order At Wendys Low Carb Edition
This keto Wendys guide breaks down everything from tips and tricks to calories and macros. They have a wide variety of menu options, but also carb options that you definitely want to avoid on keto.
Helping people find keto fast food options is why we made this guide! To order at Wendys start by:
Now that you are prepared to order lets start talking about the best keto Wendys options. Grab your cup of Joe and lets talk breakfast!
Is Wendy’s Apple Pecan Salad Keto
Low-Carb SaladsSaladsWendy’sApple PecanSaladketogenic
The Healthiest Salad At Every Fast Food Joint
- Wendy’s: Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad. Courtesy of Wendy’s.
- Chick-fil-A: Grilled Market Salad. Courtesy of Chick-fil-A.
- Burger King: Garden Grilled Chicken Salad. Courtesy of Burger King.
- Arby’s: Roast Turkey Farmhouse Salad. Courtesy of Arby’s.
- Quiznos: Peppercorn Caesar Salad.
- Panera Bread: BBQ Salad With Chicken.
Here are 10 fast-food restaurants that have some healthy options on the menu.
- Almost every fast-food restaurant. These days, almost every fast-food restaurant offers healthy options.
Don’t Miss: Diet Without Vegetables And Salad
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- It tastes like your favorite Wendys Southwest salad!
- Its a great way to use leftover grilled chicken, or even rotisserie chicken if youre in a pinch!
- The most involved prep is making the quick guacamole and assembling the salad itself.
- Its a nutritional powerhouse of a meal, with a balance of all three macronutrients, fiber, and lots of vitamins and minerals.
How Many Calories Are In A Wendys Half Taco Salad
. Furthermore, how Healthy Is Wendys Taco Salad?
Wendys Taco SaladSalads seem healthy. At fast food restaurants, they usually arent. A Wendys Taco Salad, for example, contains 660 calories, 13 grams of saturated fat, 18 grams of sugar, and nearly 2,000 milligrams of sodium. A salad might not always taste salty, but that doesnt mean your heart is safe.
One may also ask, is Wendys Taco Salad low carb? LowCarb SaladsFor example, Wendys full-sized Apple Pecan Chicken Salad contains 52 grams of carbs and a whopping 40 grams of sugar . Moes Taco Salad with adobo chicken, fresh jalapenos, cheddar cheese and guacamole: 325 calories, 23 grams of fat, 9 grams of carbs and 28 grams of protein .
Regarding this, how much is a half taco salad at Wendys?
Whether youre an old school fan or trying it for the first time, you can go grab Wendys Taco Salad for $5.99* for a full-sized entrée salad or $3.99* for a half-sized salad. *Recommended Pricing. Pricing may vary. The Wendys Company is the worlds third largest quick-service hamburger restaurant chain.
Does Wendys salad calories include dressing?
All the leafy options are tasty, but if youre bypassing the burger lineup to save on calories, not every Wendys salad is a good choice. The calorie counts include two packets of dressing for the full salads and one packet for the half salads and sides.
You May Like: Best Low Carb Fast Food Salad