You May Also Like These Egg Recipes
- Delicious and creamy Keto Deviled Eggs have just the right kick of heat to keep you reaching for more!
- Grab and go Keto Egg Muffins are the perfect solution to simplify your mornings.
- Keto Egg Casserole combines eggs, sour cream, sausage, cheese, and seasonings for a tasty and filling way to start your day!
- When it comes to simple yet satisfying recipes, it doesnt get much easier than Keto Scrambled Eggs with Sour Cream.
If you like this recipe don’t forget to leave a 5 star rating and let me know how it went in the below comments, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on , , and to see all my delicious recipes.
How Many Calories Are In Egg Salad
A half cup of eggsalad contains 111 calories or 90 calories if made with low-calorie mayonnaise.
A full cup of eggsalad contains 223 calories or 183 calories if made with low-calorie mayonnaise.
An egg salad sandwichmade with a half cup of egg salad and two slices of whole grain bread contains 249calories.
How To Make It
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here youll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Also Check: Tuna Salad Recipe With Mayo
How To Make Keto Egg Salad
This keto egg salad could not be easier to make . It contains just three ingredients, calls for very little prep work, and doesnt require you to use your oven. For this recipe, youll need to keep these three items on hand:
- Large eggs
Making egg salad is a pretty simple process. First, youll need to hard-boil your eggs. You can do this by adding water to a deep pot, adding your eggs, then cooking them on high heat for 7-10 minutes. Once the time has passed, scoop out your eggs, and allow them to cool on a wire rack or on a dish towel. If you own an electric egg cooker, you can use this as well.
Once your eggs have cooled , its time to peel them. Remove the shell from your eggs, placing the egg white and yolks into a large mixing bowl. From there, youll add the mayo, lemon juice, and mustard, mixing thoroughly until well combined.
If you havent chopped your veggies yet, grab your cutting board and thinly slice your green onions. Next, finely chop your celery into small bits. Add the celery and onion to your egg mixture, mixing thoroughly.
Hard Boiled Eggs For Egg Salad
To make egg salad, you first need some hard-boiled eggs.
Everyone seems to have their own trick for making perfect hard-boiled eggs. Some people start in cold water, some start in boiling water. Some people add vinegar to the water, some add baking soda.
For me, pressure cooking in the Instant Pot is the best and easiest way to cook perfect hard boiled eggs every time. Check out my recipe for Instant Pot Boiled Eggs.
You can also make great, easy-to-peel, hard-boiled eggs on the stove.
- To do this, youll first bring a large pot of water up to a rolling boil on high heat. Make sure to choose a lidded pot that is large enough to fit all of your eggs with room to spare.
- Then, once the water is boiling, add the eggs. I like to do this with tongs or a slotted spoon to avoid any splashing water.
- Place the lid on top, reduce the heat to low, and simmer the eggs for 12 minutes. After they have cooked, take the pot off the heat and immediately transfer the eggs to an ice bath. Time to use those tongs again!
- Let the eggs chill in the ice-bath for at least 10-15 minutes. This will stop the eggs from over-cooking, and cool them off enough so that you can peel them without burning your fingertips.
Also Check: How Much Is A Chick Fil A Cobb Salad
What To Serve With The Best Keto Egg Salad Recipe
- If youre not doing strict keto, you can enjoy The Best Keto Egg Salad on a low-carb wrap or bread
- Serve this tasty egg salad on top of greens
- Enjoy a full meal as part of a composed salad trio that includes Ham Salad with Pickle, and Southern Chicken Salad.
- You can also add it to a tasty plate loaded with , Antipasto Salad, or this Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Enjoy this egg salad as a snack with light, crispy Nut Crackers
Keto Autumn Salad With Blackberries And Pecans
Staying true to keto around the holidays can be tough. Fortunately, this autumn salad makes it easier.
Blackberries give this salad a juicy burst of sweet and tangy flavors. I particularly love how this pairs with the crunchy pecans on creamy goat cheese.
You can serve this on a bed of mixed greens, arugula, or even spinach.
Recommended Reading: Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich Arby’s
Tools To Make Keto Egg Salad
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Egg Slicer Use this egg slicer to quickly slice eggs and then roughly chop to get them ready for this classic egg salad. The slices are also great for garnishes and for other salads that call for sliced eggs, such as chef salad.
- Glass Storage Containers Store any leftover egg salad in these glass containers. Ive had mine for years and they hold up well.
Making Egg Salad Is My Therapy
The way I make it uses a lot of steps, the same steps, that allow me to just forget about everything and rely on my love for egg salad. I always get a chance to use my cutting skills and open the fridge and the spice cabinet to peruse all the potential add-in options. Chop the eggs, dollop on the mayo, sprinkle on bacon bits and chopped up veggies, mix and enjoy. Its a therapy session that always ends with a delicious bite!
Also Check: Is Olive Garden Salad Dressing Gluten Free
Keto Curried Chicken Salad
Looking to spice up your salad a bit? This keto curried chicken salad recipe gives you one of the most popular Indian dishes in a salad format thats incredibly easy to throw together. One serving is 385 calories and just five measly net carbs. And watch out for that secret ingredient thats right, they put blueberries in there.
Carbs And Calories In Egg Salad: Is Egg Salad Keto Friendly
Both boiled eggs and mayonnaise are low in carbs therefore egg salad is a very Keto-friendly food. Whats more, eggs are touted as one of thehealthiest foods you can eat. So goahead and enjoy your favorite egg salad recipe without guilt while on theKetogenic diet.
At only 2 grams of net carbs perhalf cup serving, egg salad is a great option for low carb diets. Liven up egg salad by adding in your favoritelow-carb raw veggies, like diced celery, bell pepper or green onion. Adding veggies not only boost nutrients, butit adds flavour as well as a little crunch.
However, you might want to skip the bread in thategg salad sandwich if youre following the Keto diet and make lettuce wraps outof your egg salad instead.
You May Like: Oxo Little Salad Dressing Shaker
Other Low Carb Recipes To Try
Looking for even more ways to enjoy eggs? Check out a few of these favorite recipes:
- Crustless Broccoli Quiche takes only minutes to prep and is a delicious way to enjoy breakfast all week!
- Low Carb Eggs Benedict combines poached eggs with bacon or ham and hollandaise sauce for a restaurant quality dish.
- Baked Eggs with butter and cheese are perfect for the egg fast and make a quick, tasty meal!
- Tuna Egg Salad made with sour cream is an easy way to add more protein and flavor to your egg salad.
- Keto Custard Pudding is an egg fast approved dessert that is creamy and delicious!
FOLLOW ME ON , , AND FOR MORE EASY KETO RECIPES.
My Secret To Lasting Weight Loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making staples like this Keto Egg Salad is really my trick.
Sorry, its that simple for meI meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success.
Every meal does not have to be epic.
When I am prepared I have a much better chance at success and maintaining my best health.
Easy Keto Egg Salad Recipe
This easy keto egg salad recipe takes just 5 minutes to make! Learn how to make classic egg salad – it’s perfect for low carb sandwiches and lettuce wraps.
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.
Keto egg salad might not be the first thing that comes to mind when I think of keto egg recipes. Its such a common way to use hard boiled eggs, so maybe you already know how to make egg salad? But seeing as how Ive picked up a knack for creamy salads and seeing as how eggs are definitely my favorite food well, it was only natural that an easy classic egg salad recipe has been missing from Wholesome Yum.
So, here it is! A super simple, super versatile, and super, super delicious keto egg salad recipe. You might have made a similar version in the past, but I just had to share mine.
How Do You Thicken Egg Salad
Sometimes when making tuna salad, chicken salad, or egg salad its easy to get carried away when adding the mayonnaise. You start mixing everything up and all of a sudden you see that you added too much mayonnaise and your salad becomes almost soupy.
Some people add breadcrumbs to soak up the moisture but when you are on a low carb diet bread crumbs are out of the question.
Dont worry, you dont have to throw it out, just add a couple more eggs to the bowl and that should be enough to thicken it back up. Thats a trick that I learned while making this Keto egg salad recipe.
Don’t Miss: Macaroni Salad Recipe With Egg
Expert Tips From A Dietitian
This is a level 1 recipe . Egg salad typically contains egg, a high-quality protein, plus mayo, an added fat. So, heres the million-dollar question…
Is egg salad good for weight loss?
I consider egg salad helpful for weight loss if you can use it in nutritious and low-calorie meals that keep you full. Regardless of whether youre on a keto diet or not, you need to maintain a calorie deficit to lose weight. A keto meal of egg salad and veggies provides protein and low-calorie volume for staying power.
Heres what to pack with your egg salad to turn it into a low carb meal prep under 500 calories:
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 carrots
- 3 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1.5 ounces cheese cubes
On the other hand, if you wanted a higher-energy meal, add some whole grain crackers or bread. You can also add some fruit on the side, such as an apple or an orange. These are easy add-ons for family members who arent on keto and who need higher calorie meals.
If you’re looking to reduce your intake of saturated fat, try skipping the cheese in the above meal and use non-fat Greek yogurt instead of mayo in the egg salad. Eating more fiber is another way to help lower your blood cholesterol. Heres a chicken salad to try thats packed with fiber from veggies .
Egg Salad Only Better
This sandwich filling and sandwich topper is great but can get a bit bland if you eat it often. Thats why I love this version, which really switches things up.
The star of this salad is bacon. Wondrous bacon makes everything better, and this salad is no exception.
You only need two slices for this recipe, but I would make the whole package to have on hand for breakfast and/or salads throughout the week.
The other cool addition is cherry tomatoes. They add a beautiful pop of color and flavor that really enhances our cool and creamy egg salad.
Read Also: Noritake Colorwave Graphite Salad Plate
Ingredients For Egg Salad
This is the easiest egg salad recipe where you can use up your leftover hard-boiled eggs. I have added avocado, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and chopped boiled eggs. Avocado, with its umami flavor, gives a buttery texture to the salad. I like to make a classic egg salad like this.
If you like you can vegetables like red onions, celery, or carrots. You can even add some chickpeas, olives or diced pickles in the saladWhat You can Put in Egg Salad
The key ingredient in egg salad is, of course, hard-boiled eggs. You can add hung yogurt, mayonnaise for creaminess. You also need mustard, lemon juice, salt, Avocados and pepper. You can also add celery, red onion, chives. I like to add roasted red chilli flakes for the additional kick in egg salad.
Simple And Delicious Keto Salads
The ketogenic diet is a very-low-carb, high-fat eating method thats popular for weight loss.
It typically involves limiting carb intake to 2050 grams per day to stimulate ketosis a metabolic state in which your body starts using ketones for energy instead of glucose .
However, because it can be restrictive, you may wonder what salads you can eat on a keto diet. Notably, keto salads should be low in carbs but high in healthy fats and protein.
Here are 7 simple and delicious keto salads, plus recipes.
This grilled chicken salad is not only high in protein but also a great source of healthy fats like oleic acid from its olives, extra virgin olive oil, and avocado.
Numerous test-tube and animal studies link oleic acid to reduced inflammation, enhanced immunity, and potential anticancer effects (
- 1/2 pound of chicken thigh, grilled, sliced
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 of a medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a medium avocado, sliced
- 1 ounce of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce of olives, pitted, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Reading: Chicken Salad Using Greek Yogurt
Pesto Chicken Avocado Salad
Pesto is one of those condiments you could add to almost any meal to give it some extra flavor. The combination of pesto, chicken, and veggies in this pesto chicken salad will leave you wanting for nothing. Dress it up with pine nuts, or any other nut or seed of choice, and dont forget those fragrant fresh basil leaves.
Take the keto quiz
What To Eat Egg Salad With
Whether youre in the mood for an easy egg salad sandwich or an egg salad lettuce wrap, youve got options. Here are a few ways to enjoy this delicious egg salad:
- Lettuce Wraps A great way to serve the best keto egg salad. Use romaine or butter lettuce leaves and top with egg salad.
- Cucumber Slices Use cucumber slices as a cracker-like option for your egg salad.
- Mini Bell Peppers Cut mini bell peppers in half, remove the seeds and stem, and scoop away.
- Almond Flour Crackers These keto crackers are crunchy and buttery, and made with just 2 ingredients!
- 90-Second Keto Bread The fastest way to make keto bread only 5 ingredients needed.
- Almond Flour Bread Just like a classic wheat bread, this bread is made for classic egg salad.
Recommended Reading: Best Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe In The World
Are All Egg Salads Keto
The main ingredients are eggs and mayonnaise. But not all egg salads from the grocery store or a cafe are keto-friendly.
Unfortunately, its hard to know what’s been added. Other recipes may include sugar, especially if theyre made with Miracle Whip.
I would be cautious about ordering egg salad from a restaurant or deli if you dont know whats in it.
What Can I Substitute For Mayo In Egg Salad
Mayo is the most common traditional ingredient in egg salad. You may not like mayo or not want to use it for other reasons, so here are a few ideas of different things you can use in the egg salad instead of mayonnaise:
- Greek yogurt is a very compatible replacement for mayo.
- Coconut oil mayo which you can make yourself with coconut oil, eggs, vinegar, and salt.
- Nut butter, such as almond, cashew,etc
Don’t Miss: Easy Potato Salad Few Ingredients
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by Gods grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine ourChristian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation. When we followed the Holy Spirits prompting we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our and see if its not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book We hope it blesses you.