Alternative Arugula Salad Dressing
Instead of a balsamic glaze, a simple lemon vinaigrette is my second favorite salad dressing. Simply combine extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. For extra flavor, you could also add either honey or maple for a simple arugula salad dressing.
At its simplest, you can create a basic arugula parmesan salad recipe by combining arugula, parmesan, and either the balsamic glaze or lemon vinaigrette mentioned in the below section. Everything else is optional!
Product Must Be Refrigerated
Move over, raspberry vinaigrette. When youre looking for a subtly sweet, delicious dressing packed with antioxidants, our Pomegranate Dressing is here for you! The tart yet sweet essence of pomegranate is masterfully blended with tangy apple cider vinegar. You can use this dressing in a spinach salad with walnuts and goat cheese, or use it as a marinade for your favourite meats.
Gluten Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, Kosher, Preservative Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Peanut & Tree Nut Free
Ingredients: Extra virgin olive oil, water, sugars , apple cider vinegar, lemon juice from concentrate , sea salt, xanthan gum, rosemary extract
Ingrédients: Huile d’olive extra vierge, eau, sucres , vinaigre de cidre de pomme, jus de citron fait de concentré , sel de mer, gomme de xanthane, extrait de romarin
It Up With Toasted Or Glazed Nuts
This pomegranate salad features toasted pecans: and heres a tip for you: always toast your nuts! It brings out the nutty flavor almost like salt brings out the flavor in savory foods. And it only takes a few minutes! You can absolutely taste the difference.
To take this salad over the top, make a batch of glazed pecans that have a sweet, crunchy exterior. It adds a new element to an already delicious salad! Here are a few ideas of the various nuts you could use:
You May Like: What Goes Well With Tuna Salad
Terra Verde Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar 250ml
- Terra Verde Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar is one of our newest balsamic vinegars, and one we are really excited about! It’s fruity and rich, tastes as if it were picked straight off the tree! It’s true to flavor, and pairs well with our lemon crushed flavored olive oil in dipping bread or drizzled over a fresh green salad.
- Flavor: Rich complex pomegranate flavor, fruity and tart, bursting with juicy sweetness.
- Origin: We hand blend this flavored balsamic by starting with our signature traditional balsamic vinegar Di Modena Italy, then flavor it to our exact specifications right here in our facility in Texas.
- Usage: Add flavor to yogurt, include in your favorite salad dressing for extra pop, or in a steak sauce.
- Our premium balsamic vinegars are tremendously delicious and versatile. Not only are they the perfect accoutrement to any salad, they can be used as a base for marinades and sauces, drizzled over desserts, used to make shrubs, jams and other culinary condiments. Your imagination is your only limit.
Simple Arugula Pomegranate Salad With Parmesan
Published: by · This post may contain affiliate links
This simple, vibrant, peppery arugula pomegranate salad with parmesan requires just 6 base ingredients tossed in a balsamic glaze, for a simple, nutritious, rocket side salad to pair with any main meal! Plus, tons of options to adapt this flexible, simple arugula salad recipe!
This simple arugula pomegranate salad with parmesan is bright, vibrant, peppery, and refreshing! With just a handful of ingredients, this simple and versatile arugula parmesan salad is the perfect way to finish any meal or holiday table as a nutritious, colorful, fast, flexible side salad !
With a combination of fresh arugula, parmesan, pomegranate, walnuts, and a balsamic glaze, this winter/fall arugula salad recipe is sweet, sour, peppery, and is perfect for any fall/holiday occasion. However, with tons of ways to adapt the recipe, you can enjoy a simple arugula/rocket salad any day of the year!
This simple arugula parmesan salad is hardly even a recipe. Its just a few ingredients tossed together, with the genera ratios fully adjustable to personal taste. Therefore, it can be thrown together in about 10 minutes . And, once youve prepared this a few times, you wont even need a recipe anymore thats how simple it is!
Looking for more simple side salads using arugula? You might enjoy this arugula watermelon feta salad or arugula beet and goat cheese salad!
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Get A Good Chicken Salad Sandwich
Pomegranate Dressing: Ingredients & Substituions
This recipe only has a handful of ingredients, but here are a few possible substitutions!
- Pomegranate seeds. You can use pomegranate juice to make this recipe, and then there would be no blending required. However I love the nutrients added from using whole seeds!
- Olive oil. Any neutral oil works well in this recipe. I recommend avocado oil or canola oil if you don’t have olive oil.
- Maple syrup. The maple flavor really adds to the fall/winer taste of this dressing, however you can substitute honey with great results.
- White balsamic vinegar. Regular balsamic vinegar tastes great in this recipe too, however the color will change if you use a dark balsamic. Apple cider vinegar also tastes great.
- Dijon mustard. Substitute your favorite mustard, but please don’t leave it out. The mustard acts as an emulsifier and keeps the dressing from separating!
The Arugula Parmesan Salad Ingredients
This easy lemon pasta recipe requires just 6 base ingredients , with optional parmesan cheese and garnishes!
- Arugula: also called rocket/Rocca leaves.
- Parmesan: I recommend using high-quality Parmigiano-Reggiano. Use a vegetarian parmesan if preferred, or pecorino would also work. You can shave it yourself or buy shaved parmesan.
- Balsamic glaze: you can use a balsamic glaze, balsamic pearls, or even some pomegranate molasses!
- Pomegranate: you can buy pre-shelled pomegranate seeds, but I usually find these a little lackluster and prefer to peel and de-seed the pomegranate myself.
- Walnuts: use unsalted raw or lightly toasted walnuts. You can add them whole or chopped for healthy fats and crunch. Pistachios, pecans, pine nuts, or slithered almonds would also work . You could also use candied nuts to make this arugula walnut salad!
Read Also: Mango Wood Salad Bowl Set
Check Out How Marzetti Helps Wendys Salads Dress To Impress
At Wendys®, were known for packing our salads full of fresh ingredients and delicious toppings. We keep close tabs on the latest flavor trends to make sure our fans are experiencing the very best we have to offer in every single bite. From the romaine lettuce to the juicy berries and ripe veggies, every piece of produce plays an important role in making our salads deliciously different. However, perhaps the most important role is the perfect drizzle of dressing to pull a salad together.
But we couldnt partner with just anyone to dress our salads. Thats why we chose to work with , a company grown from the same core values, that puts the same importance on ingredients that we do, to create signature dressings to pair with our fresh-made salad lineup. And decades later, were still working hand in hand thanks to their unwavering commitment to innovation and dedication to quality.
Without further ado, lettuce tell you a little about how we work with them.
Pomegranate Molasses Salad Dressing
Do you have a neglected bottle of pomegranate molasses in your pantry that you bought for a recipe and never used again?
Let me help you out.
First a little background: Pomegranate molasses is a thick, dark ruby red liquid that is a beautiful combination of sour and sweet.The taste is some what reminiscent of balsamic vinegar. They share the intense sweet yet tart notes.
Pomegranate molasses is made by boiling down the juice of a special variety of pomegranates so technically it is not molasses, it is concentrated juice. In Arabic it is called dibs rumman and it is featured in many Middle Eastern and Mediterranean recipes ranging from marinades to salads, soups, desserts, and even drinks.
I love using it in salad dressings. Adding a touch to your favorite vinaigrette can really take your good old boring salad dressing to the next level. With its intense flavor and sticky nature which helps it cling to leafy greens . I am sharing one of my favorite pomegranate molasses dressings today along with my oregano and grilled halloumi cheese salad but if you need more inspiration try my monk salad and Fattoush .
So why dont you dig up that neglected bottle of pomegranate molasses and give these recipes a try?
Recommended Reading: Ambrosia Salad Recipe With Fruit Cocktail
How To Make Ahead And Store
Make ahead: you can prepare the salad elements and dressing separately and store them in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to three days. Then, when youre ready to serve the arugula parmesan salad, assemble the prepared ingredients and add the parmesan and walnuts.
Store: once fully assembled and dressed, this arugula balsamic salad is best eaten immediately. However, any leftovers could be stored in the refrigerator for an additional day. You may want to add a little more balsamic and a handful of fresh arugula when eating it the second day.
What To Serve With Pomegranate Salad
This pomegranate salad is great because its so versatile! Its more of a fall salad or winter salad since pomegranates are easiest to find in the cooler months. But since theyre becoming more available at grocery stores, you can eat it anytime! Its perfect for holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas, or ideal for accessorizing any fall or winter dinner. Here are a few foods it pairs well with:
- Veggie Mains: Add it to Best Vegetarian Meatloaf, Vegan Shepherds Pie, or Vegan Pot Pie for an impressive meal
Also Check: How To Make Tuna Salad Without Mayo
Best Salads With Pomegranate Vinaigrette
The very best salads? Well, we think theyre the ones you throw together on a weeknight when youre not even thinking about it. Add a few handfuls of baby greens, pomegranate dressing, and some nuts or cheese crumbles, and youre golden! But if you like to follow recipes , here are some of our favorite ideas for using this pomegranate vinaigrette:
- Pomegranate salad: Of course! Drizzle the good stuff in our Pomegranate Green Salad with pomegranate seeds, green apple, and toasted pecans.
Mantova Organic Flavored Balsamic Vinegar Of Modena 4
- Mantova Organic Flavored Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, is certified USDA Organic and imported from Modena, Italy, home to the finest quality balsamic vinegar
- Full-bodied texture, rich color with an acidity level of 6% Traditional balsamic vinegar flavor, tart with an underlying sweetness and natural fruit flavor of Fig, Pear, Pomegranate, and Raspberry
- Reasonably priced for everyday use, compare taste and cooking quality to much more expensive balsamic vinegar
- Make ordinary dishes extraordinary Salad dressing, marinade, vinaigrette Drizzle over cheese, fruit, vegetables, meat, tofu, pizza, brownies, cocktails, or ice cream
- Fill a gift basket with our four delicious balsamic flavors, all made with pure organic fruit Add Mantova pasta, rice, and flavored extra virgin olive oils for an unforgettable gift.
- 100% NATURAL – Our Organic Pomegranate Vinegar is produced by combining pomegranate juice and fruit extracts with pulp and brewing them into vinegar. USDA Certified ORGANIC, non-GMO, VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE & NEVER any preservatives or additives.
- ORGANIC & KOSHER – Our Organic Pomegranate Vinegar is certified KOSHER Parve.
- NOTHING ADDED – Now with even MORE Pomegranate flavor! Our pomegranates are 100% organic and untouched by chemicals or sprays and our vinegar has NO additives or preservatives, No water, No sugar, Nothing is added ever
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – Absolutely LOVE our Vinegars even more than we love to make them, or you’ll get your money back!
Don’t Miss: Avocado Chicken Salad Wendy’s
Use One Of The Following Pomegranate Salad Dressings
There are also lots of variations when it comes dressing for this pomegranate salad! Whatever the case: homemade dressing is best. Of course if youre in a pinch, you can absolutely use a store-bought dressing: there are many great high quality and organic salad dressings available these days. We created two different dressing options for this salad: and we have a few other ideas as well! Try the following pomegranate salad dressings:
- Apple cider vinegar dressing: Made with vinegar, Dijon mustard and olive oil, its perfectly tangy!
- Pomegranate vinaigrette: Want to double the pomegranate? Try this dressing made with pomegranate juice.
- Balsamic vinaigrette: Full of big tangy flavor, and one of of the best homemade dressings youll find.
- Pomegranate molasses plus olive oil: A great way to use this special ingredient! Dress the greens with olive oil, then drizzle with sweet tart pomegranate molasses. Its incredible!
Oregano And Grilled Halloumi Cheese Salad
4 cups oregano leaves, washed and dried
100 g halloumi cheese cut into bite size cubes and grilled
1 tomato chopped
1/2 red onion cut into strips
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 loaf pita bread cut into squares
2 tablespoons olive oil
Pomegranate molasses salad dressing
In a bowl add the vinegar and sumac to the onion strips, rub the strips with the vinegar and sumac. Set aside for 10 minutes
Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the pita squares and stir until the pita is golden and toasted, remove from the pan to a plate lined with kitchen towels
Drain the onions, discard the vinegar
In a bowl toss the oregano, tomatoes, onions and dressing together.
Arrange in serving plate
Top with grilled Halloumi cheese and pita squares
You can toast your pita squares in the oven if you want to avoid the oil or you can go to the opposite extreme and deep fry them. I usually choose the middle ground and toss them with some olive oil in a pan until they are golden brown
Also Check: Salad And Go Breakfast Time
How To Reduce The Pom Juice:
By reducing pomegranate juice you are essentially making a syrup, then combining that syrup with olive oil, vinegar and honey. To reduce pomegranate juice simply simmer 1 cup juice until it measures 1/4 cup. Again, f you wish to skip this step you can buy antioxidant rich Pomegreat Pomegranate Syrup
When pomegranate juice has reduced, allow to cool. The photo below is a before and after of our pom juice. Once reduced pom juice will have the consistency of syrup.
What Goes In My Pomegranate Salad
Heres what goes in the salad:
Pomegranates Fresh is best for the juiciest pops of colour, with the extra benefit of the sheer satisfaction you get to experience removing the seeds by smacking the pomegranates. Yes, it is oddly satisfying
Raw marinated kale Yes, I said RAW but before all you Kale Haters go running for the hills, hear me out. I like to MARINATE my kale which tenderises the leaves and softens the harshness of the distinct kale flavour. All you need is 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt, then get your hands in there to scrunch/soften the kale and leave for 30 minutes to tenderise. SO MUCH TASTIER!!!
Oh and this is my trick for how I remove kale leaves from the stems quickly!:
Blue cheese Any cheese thats creamy, salty but crumble-able is fine here. If youre just starting to dip your toes in the bluer waters of the cheese world , opt for Blue Castello. It is an excellent mild blue thats a good way to introduce sceptics to blue cheese. I dont have a favourite, I just generally love all manner of blue cheese!
Dried cranberries For an extra little sprinkle of holiday flavour that complements the pomegranate!
Citrus or stone fruit I dont always include it but for the sake of giving you all options, Ive added it in the recipe. It adds yet another element of both colour and fresh juicy interest! I used grapefruit because its what I have, but I prefer blood or normal oranges. Peaches and nectarines are so good too, just not quite in season yet!
Recommended Reading: Salad Dressing Made With Yogurt
Flavors You Can Only Find At Wendys
Marzetti and Wendys are always brainstorming new dressings to complement our freshly-prepared salads. For every new salad, Marzetti will generate between 15-20 recipes for consideration. Those ideas then turn into fan-favorites, like the fruit-forward Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Raspberry Vinaigrette found on our Berry Burst Chicken Salad* and the sweet but zippy Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Pomegranate Vinaigrette thats paired with our Apple Pecan Chicken Salad. Marzetti brings unique flavors to Wendys that you cant buy in stores, and their flavorful dressings are the perfect finishing touch to our craveable salads.
Even more impressive, the team at Marzetti is constantly evolving their process and sourcing as many fresh ingredients as possible while making sure each packet of dressing gets the proper attention and care.
They Dress To Impress
Wendys has a long history of serving quality ingredients, and this starts with top notch dressings that are free from preservatives. Our Culinary Innovation team made the move to the Marzetti Simply Dressed line of salad dressings which have the Marzetti clean label. What exactly is the clean label? Its the Marzetti seal that shows which dressings are free of preservatives, trans fat, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors and colors, gluten and MSG. Phew, no hidden guilt here.
Read Also: Fruit Salad For Weight Loss
How To Make Homemade Pomegranate Vinaigrette
This pomegranate dressing recipe is very easy to make Just place the ingredients in the container of your Vitamix and blend until smooth. Using a Vitaimx ensures a silky-smooth dressing.
NOTE: The only thing to note is that it’s important to add the liquid ingredients first, then the rest for easy blending.
How To Quickly De
Pomegranates are our favorite winter produce item, we literally buy cases of them at eat them in days. I am well aware that the thing that keeps most people from buying pomegranates is how much work they are to deseed.
Well this video called The Fastest Way to De-Seed a Pomegranate changed my life. I literally can have 6 large pomegranates ready to eat in under 10 minutes thanks to this method!
Don’t Miss: 2n1 Salad Bar And Grill