Some Other Pasta Salads You Might Like:
- Italian Pasta Salad, Easy Cashew Chicken Pasta Salad, Southwest Chicken Pasta Salad, Frog Eye Salad are some of the recipes you may try.
- 4hard-boiled eggs chopped
The following are the nutritional values: 461 calories, 41 grams of carbohydrate, 10 grams of protein, 28 grams of fat, 5 grams of saturated fat, 89 milligrams of cholesterol, 710 milligrams of sodium, 188 milligrams of potassium, 2 grams of fiber, 7 grams of sugar, 245 international units of vitamin A, 6.4 milligrams of vitamin C, 35 milligrams of calcium, and 1.1 milligrams of iron. Disclaimer Regarding Nutrition
The Best Tuna Pasta Salad
If you are a fan of Tuna Pasta Salad, then you have to try this recipe. It is the BEST! A creamy mix of hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise with crunchy celery and onion, every bite of this salad is addictive. Made with fresh herbs for the best flavor, youll find that this version of the classic tuna pasta salad is much more complex and deliciously flavored. Its also an easy salad to make and perfect for lunch, dinner, or a backyard barbecue. This tasty dish is the perfect side for almost any meal, including Air Fryer Chipotle Chicken Thighs or Garlic Herb Steak Bites.
Other Ideas To Try With Tuna Pasta Salad:
- Add diced red onions
- Substitute Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise
- Add garlic powder to the dressing ingredients.
- lemon juice is also tasty!
- Try adding other veggies. Bell peppers are delicious in this creamy tuna pasta salad recipe.
- Add boiled eggs for even more protein.
Another time saving tip is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop the onions and peppers for this pasta salad.
If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver and you make cooking so fast and easy.
Read Also: Salad Prep Table For Sale
How To Serve Tuna Pasta Salad
Since its a chilled salad, youll want to keep it in the refrigerator until youre ready to eat it. If youre taking it to work, keep it in a cooler bag with ice packs.
If youre making this Tuna Salad Pasta recipe for a picnic or potluck, keep the bowl sitting on another bowl or tray filled with ice to keep it chilled.
If youre making it for a party, just double the recipe.
Easy Pasta Salad Best Homemade Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe Lunch Dinner Snacks Side Dishes
Affiliate links are provided below for your convenience. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
This tuna pasta salad recipe is so delicious and easy to prepare.
Yummy homemade tuna pasta salad that will please any crowd.
This tuna salad with noodles is the perfect side dish for BBQ, lunch or dinner.
No need for deli pasta salad when you can make from scratch tuna noodle salad.
This cold pasta salad is bursting with flavor with the homemade pasta salad dressing.
Get ready to make the best tuna pasta salad.
Check out these other
Don’t Miss: Cold Noodle Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce
Recipe Notes And Tips
- This is so adaptable, add more or less of each ingredient to your taste.
- Make it a little more southern style by adding some sweet pickle relish or peas to this salad.
- You can easily double this recipe for a crowd or potluck.
- Store leftovers in fridge. It will dry out as the macaroni will soak up the mayo. To loosen up again, try mixing in a little water, a teaspoon at a time to desired consistency.
- Try this classic egg salad recipe for the perfect, comforting sandwich. Also, super quick and easy!
Some foods just cheered up my tired kids when they got too busy and off their schedules. Tuna mac salad is such a comforting, old-fashioned classic to whip up anytime. It always feeds the soul. xxo- Kelly
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on , and for all the latest updates.
How To Make Tuna Macaroni Salad Ahead Of Time
The saddest thing about this salad is that the lettuce will get wilty and even soggy if stored for more than a few hours in the fridge.
So, if you want to make it a day or two ahead, do everything in the recipe except for adding the sliced iceberg lettuce. Add the lettuce when it’s time to serve.
Simply Recipes / Mihaela Kozaric Sebrek
Don’t Miss: How To Eat Tuna Salad
Classic Ingredients For Tuna Macaroni Salad
Macaroni pasta with the creamy canned tuna and mayo, along with the crunch of bell peppers, celery, and lettuce?
A little squirt of lemon juice for some tang?
This salad is also one of my go-to dishes to prepare for a mid-week meal. It’s easy to make, filling, and budget-friendly.
Simply Recipes / Mihaela Kozaric Sebrek
Most Helpful Critical Review
Even while this recipe is passable, it might be even better with a few adjustments. I quadrupled the amount of onion, celery, and tuna I used. I also substituted corn for the peas because I didnt have any on hand. We couldnt detect any relish flavor, so I added some cubed pickles and it turned out fantastic! More information can be found at
- 90 stars out of a possible 100
- 4 stars out of 55
- 3 stars out of 11
- 2 stars out of 5
- 1 star out of 1
I made this according to the instructions for the first time, and it turned out OK. I want a taste that is less sweet. For the second batch, I made the following modifications to accommodate our individual preferences. The modifications I made were as follows: 1 1/2 cups frozen fresh peas I added these to the pot with the macaroni right before I was about to drain it. Then I passed everything through a strainer filled with cold water to swiftly chill it down. I cut some green onions and mixed in a diced dill pickle to finish it off.
Read Also: How To Make German Potato Salad
How To Make Tuna Macaroni Salad
I like to keep hard boiled eggs on hand in the fridge, but if you need to make some quickly, your Instant Pot will be your best friend. Heres how to make hard boiled eggs in the IP.
- Prepare the macaroni noodles according to the package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the other ingredients so you can quickly add them once the pasta is cooled off. Add in the diced hard boiled eggs, tuna, peas and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Store in the fridge until serving. Add salt and pepper to taste.
How To Make This Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
If you have a half hour, you have time to create this recipe. With 10 minutes devoted to pasta cook time, this recipe only requires about 20 minutes of actual prep time.
First, place the pasta in the pot and cook it according to the directions on the package. When 4 minutes of cook time is left, add the frozen peas. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the carrots, celery, tomatoes, and tuna.
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, vinegar, mustard, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
Next, add your pasta into the veggie/tuna bowl and pour the dressing on top. Stir the mixture until well combined and completely coated.
Read Also: No Oil Salad Dressing Brands
Minute Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
Published: » By: Kylie » This post may contain affiliate links. »
This tuna pasta salad has everything that you love about classic tuna salad – pickles, onions, celery, dill – but we ditch the bread and add noodles instead! It’s cool, creamy, and LOADED with fresh flavors. The classic mayo-laden dressing of traditional tuna macaroni salads gets a glow-up with olive oil and pickle juice to create a lighter but still classically flavored dressing!
What To Use Instead Of Mayo
Some great options to replace mayo with would be some low-fat Greek yogurt, avocado, hummus, pesto, and mustard.
Making this Tuna Pasta Salad? We would love to get some feedback from you. Leave us a comment below with some feedback! Also, dont forget to share it!
Other simple and easy lunch recipes:
Also Check: Good Low Calorie Salad Dressing
Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
It was the perfect pasta lunch thats loaded with flavor and texture. The secret to why our recipe is so delicious is because we use lots of tuna. Yes, we love it and added 3 cans to the recipe for maximum tuna in each bite. With the added chopped celery and other awesome ingredients its not a boring dish. Its the party-perfect bowl of easy pasta salad to bring to the next potluck or party.
Video: Best Tuna Pasta Salad
Want More Recipes Like This Give These A Try
- Macaroni elbows
- 3 cans tuna packed in water and well drained
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely diced
- 12 cups sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Macaroni should be cooked according to the package guidelines. In a separate dish, whisk together the mayonnaise, relish, celery seed, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until well combined. Stir everything together thoroughly. Add the tuna and mix well. Once the macaroni is done, drain thoroughly and rinse thoroughly with cold water until the pasta has cooled completely. Place the drained macaroni in a large mixing bowl
- Toss the spaghetti with the mayonnaise mixture. Afterwards, stir in the diced eggs and shallot, followed by the thawed peas. Make a thorough stir. Wrap the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving
413 calories|41 grams of carbohydrates|17 grams of protein|19 grams of fat|3 grams of saturated fat|80 milligrams of cholesterol|602 milligrams of sodium|253 milligrams of potassium|2 grams of fiber|6 grams of sugar|375 international units of vitamin A|6.8 milligrams of vitamin C|Calcium: 41 milligrams of iron| Notice Regarding Nutrition Originally published in October 2018 updated in March 2020 reprinted in April 2020 Like the majority of you, Im an ordinary home chef who does all in my power to put a decent meal on the table for my family.
You May Like: Chicken Salad Chick Lagrange Ga
How To Store Keto Tuna Salad
The best part about this recipe is how delicious it tastes leftover. I seriously think it tastes even better days after making it since all the flavors have time to develop.
And this keto pasta tuna salad recipe will make about4 servings, so you might have some leftovers to enjoy the next few days.
If you do, transfer the leftovers from the bowl to an airtight container, and you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Then, whenever you want to eat it, just take it out of the fridge, and enjoy!
Ingredients In Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad
For the ingredients, were breaking things into two parts: the salad, and the dressing. The salad is loaded with veggies for both nutrients and flavor, and the dressing is created by mixing a blend of Greek yogurt, mayo, vinegar, and seasonings.
- Dried Pasta: For your base, grab 4 cups of dried pasta. It can be whatever you prefer I used brown rice fusilli.
- Frozen Peas: First up for the veggies is 1 cup of frozen peas. Surprisingly, they do a lot for the flavor!
- Chopped Carrots: Add texture and nutrients with 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- Chopped Celery: For more antioxidants, add in 1 cup of chopped celery. Did you know celery is great for ridding your body of free radicals? Who knew?!
- Grape Tomatoes: Next, include 1 cup of sliced grape tomatoes for flavor and color.
- Tuna: Finally, the star of the salad! Youll need three 4oz cans of tuna, drained.
- Greek Yogurt: To create the dressing, begin with 1/3 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt. This will add flavor while also thickening the dressing.
- Mayonnaise: Next, include 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- Red Wine Vinegar: For extra flavor, add 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Dijon Mustard: 1 tbsp of dijon mustard adds a slight bite.
- Garlic: You can never go wrong with garlic! Add 2 cloves, minced.
- Dried Dill: Add a yummy, herby taste with 1 tsp of dried dill.
- Salt & Pepper: Finish things off with 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper!
Don’t Miss: What To Add To Tuna Salad
More Potluck Salad Favorites
If youre looking for other potluck favorites, try our classic Macaroni Salad, which is the recipe this tuna mac salad was derived from, or a hearty helping of Bacon Ranch Red Potato Salad, Hawaiian Macaroni Salad or lightened up Egg Salad. For a unique spin on classic tuna salad, Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps are a fun twist and Tuna Pasta Salad is also quite delicious. My friends have some great options too, like Cashew Chicken Pasta Salad and Italian Cucumber Tomato Salad.
How To Make Easy Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
We already talked about adding extra tuna. Now the part to make this dish great is choosing the pasta. We prefer smaller pasta so that its not too filling and so that each bite is loaded with more tuna. Small elbow macaroni, ditalini, rotini and farfalle or bow tie is our favorite. Theyre smaller, taste tender and arent too filling. All recipe details and photos are in the recipe box below.
Recommended Reading: Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Nutrition Facts
Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe
Im a huge fan of tuna salad and try to always keep it in the fridge. This makes for a quick meal and it is super filling and inexpensive to make. The tuna is packed with protein and so budget friendly.
You will love how easy it is and it tastes much better than anything you can buy in the stores. It has the perfect combination of tuna and mayo. It isnt too thick or too runny. Seriously, it is just the best!
More About This Recipe
- However, while everyone enjoys the heated version of tuna noddle casserole , the cold version, tuna macaroni salad, is almost as deliciousand far easier to prepare. As soon as youve finished boiling the macaroni, combine it with the green peas and tuna, as well as the mayonnaise and cheese. Add in the pickle relish, celery, onion, and spices. There are countless possibilities for incorporating your own culinary imagination into this tuna salad pasta dish. For starters, dont limit yourself to utilizing elbow macaroni as a pasta shape. Consider using radiatori , campanelle , cavatappi , or farfalle . Extra ingredients can include anything you choose, such as chopped hard-boiled eggs, grated carrots, or sunflower seeds, as well as any combination of these. Red grapes, raisins, or craisins can be added to the dish if you want things to be a little sweeter. Following your success with tuna pasta salad, you may go on to more traditional favorite recipes, fascinating twists, and fresh new ideas on tuna pasta salad in this collection of Bettys Tuna Recipes.
Read Also: Ron White Tater Salad Tour
Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad
This Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad is an easy-to-prepare side dish perfect with sandwiches. A quick summer salad recipe for picnics!
I couldnt let the summer go by without sharing our favorite Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad. Although I love our potato salad recipe like none other, there are times when I need a quick side dish. I love this recipe because theres no peeling & chopping potatoes. Theres no dressing to mix. This is just a simple 5 ingredient salad that your family will love.
This tuna macaroni salad is another of our favorite comforting side dishes that youll be excited about sharing with your family and friends.
The Tastiest Tuna Salad Recipe
Ill be the first to tell you salads do not have to be boring! We often associate the word salad with lettuce and croutons, but they can truly be so much more than that. With the right ingredients you can create an abundance of healthy, tasty, and delightful salads.
Take this healthy tuna pasta salad for example. Overflowing with flavor, this bowl of goodness is filled with tomatoes, celery, carrots, mustard, garlic, and even Greek yogurt. Its quick, its easy, and its totally delicious. Lets dive in!
Read Also: Chicken Salad Recipe Using Greek Yogurt
How To Make It
**Please see the recipe card at the bottom of this page for the exact ingredient amounts and complete directions.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients and place them in the refrigerator to cool. Make al dente macaroni in salted water by boiling it for a few minutes, then rinsing with cold water. Drainage should be adequate. Dressed spaghetti with tuna and other ingredients , then mix with dressing. Transfer to a clean serving plate and top with paprika and/or green onions, if desired. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Other Macaroni Salad Recipes To Add To The Menu
Pasta is inexpensive, readily available and able to be transformed into both side dishes and entrées with ease. You may also like to add these mouthwatering Southern salads to your supper and lunch rotation:
- Colorful Cobb Macaroni Salad is filled with chicken, bacon, boiled eggs and more.
- Bacon filled BLT Macaroni Salad always makes a delicious addition to your side dishes.
- Dreamy Homestyle Macaroni Salad recipe is my go-to summer pasta salad to make.
- Hearty Italian Penne Pasta Salad is filled with cubed ham, olives and Italian inspired flavors.
- It may not be a salad but you should also try this oh-so-delicious Old Fashioned Goulash recipe also made with elbow macaroni from My Incredible Recipes.
Read Also: Container To Keep Salad Fresh