Why You Need To Make This Dairy Free Vegan Potato Salad
Everyone needs a great go-to potato salad recipe, and we hope this will become yours. Here are just a few reasons why
1. Its Easy-peasy! When you have to go somewhere and need to prepare something in advance you really want to keep it simple and uncomplicated, right? Apart from boiling potatoes, this recipe has no other lengthy or complicated steps. Just boil, peel and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Voila!
2. Its a Perfect Side This filling vegan potato salad makes a great companion to other yummy vegan mains. A fantastic side for a vegan burger or some vegan sausages . What about eating alongside a green salad? So many options. Hard to choose, right? Why not try them all?
3. Its Budget-Friendly You can make a big batch of this vegan potato salad using very inexpensive ingredients. A 5-pound bag of potatoes is super affordable, and we always have some vegan mayo in our fridge anyway. As if that was not budget-friendly enough, this salad keeps in the fridge for up to a week! Weekly lunches sorted!
4. Its Gluten-free For those who suffer from gluten intolerance or sensitivities, this salad is the total winner! Potatoes mean no gluten and also lots of nutrients. Perfect!
5. Its Versatile This easy to follow recipe with simple ingredients allows you to get creative and let your inspiration run wild! You can use different herbs like parsley or dill. Or you could try sweet potatoes or mixed white and sweet and have a super colorful vegan potato salad!
More Easy Side Dishes
- Here is my favorite way to make coleslaw. With a generous amount of acidity from apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Our broccoli salad with bacon has cranberries, red onion, and a zesty dressing made with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar.
- I love crunchy salads. This vinegar-based cucumber salad is addictive.
- This pasta salad with orzo is full of goodness. Theres a simple lemon vinaigrette, cucumber, olives, artichokes, tomato, and fresh herbs. Or take a look at our easy pasta salad with mozzarella and parmesan .
Recipe updated, originally posted May 2013. Since posting this in 2013, we have tweaked the recipe to be more clear. The recipe video has also been updated. To watch the original video , watch it on YouTube Adam and Joanne
Why We Love This Healthy Potato Salad
- Quick and easy: This recipe comes together so easily, you can whip it up in no time at all with just a few simple ingredients.
- Make ahead: This potato salad is a great option if youre hosting friends and family. The recipe is easily doubled for a crowd and you can make it ahead of time and serve it cold!
- Lightened up: This creamy salad swaps out some of the traditionally used mayonnaise for Greek yogurt resulting in a side dish thats lower in overall fat and calories. But dont worry, its still equally delicious!
Recommended Reading: Jack In The Box Salad Prices
Tangy Herb Cream Sauce
- Mayo: Use your favorite. If you want an easy homemade recipe, check out my 60-second mayo!
- Sour Cream: Use your favorite brand. You can also use dairy-free if you prefer!
- Dill Pickle Relish: Use your favorite or whatever you have on hand.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: You might already have this one hand. If not, you can find it at Trader Joes, Sprouts, or your favorite local grocery store.
- Yellow Mustard: Use your favorite or whatever you have on hand.
- Celery stalks: Diced.
- Fresh Herbs: Chopped Dill, Chives, Green Onions.
- Celery Salt: You can also use celery seed.
How To Make Potato Salad:
Heres how to make the best potato salad recipe its so easy!
Don’t Miss: Easy Chicken Salad With Canned Chicken
Potato Salad Recipe No Egg Allrecipes
Allrecipes is a great source for finding different ways to make traditional recipes using only the healthiest ingredients.
In this recipe, the recipe creator provides two options for making salad and two options for serving it. The first version is made with vegan ingredients, and its free of all dairy, grains, and legumes.
The Best Classic Vegan Potato Salad
Classic, creamy, and delicious, this vegan potato salad is a must for your summer picnics and parties! A flavorful dressing, dill pickles, and crunchy celery and onion make this recipe a favorite.
One of my favorite things about summer is a casual get-together with friends or family. A sunny day, something tasty on the grill, and lots of delicious and easy side dishes. Those are the ingredients for a perfect summer party.
This is the kind of potato salad that my mom made for us when we were growing up. Its creamy and flavorful, and so good on hot summer days.
There are so many different variations on potato salad, but this vegan potato salad has a little mustard, and also dill pickles for a bit more flavor.
This potato salad is really so easy to make, and there isnt a big difference at all from the classic recipe.
Also Check: Fat Free Homemade Salad Dressing
What Is Italian Potato Salad
Italian Potato Salad is a cold olive oil potato salad often served as a summer side dish.
Its not often you see a potato salad without mayo and eggs. In fact, because its an oil and vinegar potato salad, this Italian potato recipe is 100 percent vegan. No mayo, no eggs, no milk.
Im not vegan, so you definitely dont need to be either to enjoy this eggless potato salad recipe!
However, I have several vegan friends who would appreciate this recipe because who wants to be left out from eating potato salad?
Easy Potato Salad Recipe Without Eggs
Whether youre looking to whip up an easy summer meal, or hosting a BBQ or potluck, its essential to have a good potato salad recipe, right? This healthy dill potato salad is simple, yet delicious and is always my go to potato salad since its so light, creamy and flavourful.
The dressing is made with Greek yogurt, mustard, honey and a bit of mayo, so its lighter than a traditional traditional potato salad recipe without sacrificing that creamy texture or tangy flavour.
Additionally, the fresh dill infuses such a refreshing taste into the salad, while the red onion and celery provide some colour and a nice crunchy texture. So much deliciousness packed in this salad!
As an added bonus, because no eggs are required, this recipe comes together super quickly since you dont have to boil or peel the eggs. One less step is always a win in my books!
So next time youre looking for the perfect easy potato salad, add this one to your list of must try recipes!
Don’t Miss: How Do You Make Homemade Chicken Salad
Healthy Dill Potato Salad Recipe
This homemade healthy dill potato salad recipe is perfect for BBQ season and is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Made without eggs, this creamy potato salad is so easy to whip together and uses a Greek yogurt dressing for a light yet delicious option. Perfect side dish for all of your summer cookouts!
Like it? Save for later!
Potato Salad Recipe Variations:
There are so many ways to customize this potato salad recipe, so feel free to experiment and see what you love most! For example, you could
- Add bacon: I will always be down for a potato salad with bacon stirred in.
- Add fresh herbs: Feel free to also mix any fresh herbs you might love chives, dill, parsley, basil, thyme, etc. into this potato salad.
- Add extra pickles: If you really love pickles, feel free to add in extra pickle juice and/or any other pickles you love!
- Omit the pickle relish: If you dont love pickles, just omit them entirely.
- Omit the mayo: If mayos not your fave, feel free to use full-fat plain Greek yogurt instead.
- Use different potatoes: Everyone has a different opinion about the best potatoes for potato salad! I say use whichever you love Yukon Golds, Russets, red potatoes all will work here.
- Use baked potatoes: Happen to have leftover baked potatoes on hand? Chop them up and add them in to make this a baked potato salad!
- Use different vinegar: If you dont love apple cider vinegar, feel free to swap in white vinegar or red wine vinegar instead.
- Use different mustard: If you dont love Dijon mustard, feel free to swap in regular yellow mustard or your favorite spicy mustard instead.
- Make it vegan: Just swap in your favorite vegan mayo to make this a vegan potato salad recipe.
Read Also: Spode Blue Room Salad Plates
Don’t Miss: Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Salad
How To Make Potato Salad Without Mayo
Because we are using small red potatoes that dont need to be peeled, this no-mayo potato salad is a snap to make.
Give the potatoes a light scrub to clean, then put in a pot of cold water covering them by about 2 inches.
Bring to a boil, THEN season your cooking water with salt to flavor the potatoes as they cook. Adding the salt after bringing to a boil means the salt crystals dissolve quicker and reduces the chance of your pans becoming pitted.
Tip: Dont cut your potatoes before boiling them. For potato salad, always cook your potatoes whole. Less surface area of the tender whites of the potatoes are exposed to the water so theres less chance of them becoming mealy or crumbly.
Once cooked, slice the potatoes in half and while still warm, drizzle with white wine vinegar so the potatoes absorb the vinegar tang. Let the potatoes cool for 15-20 minutes and absorb the vinegar.
Whisk the olive oil with the remaining vinegar and a touch of Dijon mustard, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over the potatoes then add the onion, freshly chopped herbs and toss to mix.
Onion always adds a much-needed snappy bite to potato salad. Who wants bland? Not me. These onions just get sweeter and more delicious as they marinate in the olive oil dressing. This is a classic second day potato salad that stays good to eat for a lot longer.
The Best Potato Salad Recipe Without Eggs Vegan & Gluten Free
Listen, this is not your traditional Classic Potato Salad. But this is much more than the creamy potato salad.
This Salad has a bounty of summer produce Potatoes, Green Beans, Green Peas, Bell Peppers, Red Onions, Dill, & Parsley. And the addition of delicious Mustard Salad Dressing makes this salad taste so good. Potato acts like a sponge and absorbs the flavors of herbs & dressings. It is just amazing.
This potato salad recipe is the best and I can vouch for it every single time. I take this salad to all my summer picnics and get togethers. Folks just love it.
This is definitely one of my personal favorites.
Potato and Dill makes a great combination. Although you can use any kind of fresh herbs in this recipe, but would definitely recommend dill in it.
You May Like: Salad Portion Size For Weight Loss
Tips For Making No Mayo Potato Salad
- Do not cut or peel the potatoes before boiling. Because we are using baby yellow and red potatoes, the skin is tender and no peeling is necessary. Cutting the potatoes before boiling will result in mealy potatoes. We dont want that!
- Add salt to the boiling water! This will help flavor your potatoes. It would be best to add salt after the water begins to boil. This allows the salt to dissolve faster which helps prevent you pot from pitting. Pitting is a form of rust and usually only occurs when using stainless steel pots and pans.
- When potatoes are cooking, check to make sure they are done using a knife poke. Just poke a potato with the tip of a knife. If it pierces easily you can remove the potatoes from the heat.
- Take the time to finely chop your herbs and garlic. This increases the surface area and will improve flavor! It will also help them blend evenly throughout the dish.
- Traditionally, potato salad is a dish served cold. This recipe can actually be served either warm or cold because it does not contain mayo. Totally based on your preference!
How To Make Potato Salad Without Eggs
Cut the potatoes into 1-inch small cubes. Boil in a large pot for 20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, dice the apples and add lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown. Set aside.
Drain the potato cubes and let them cool, then peel them.
In a large bowl, add potato cubes, apple, pepper, onion and garlic.
Now add pickled relish, apple cider vinegar, mustard, and tofu mayonnaise. Mix them well.
Finally, add salt and pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients well.
Garnish with green onion and serve immediately.
Don’t Miss: Wendy’s Menu Salad Calories
Preparation And Storage For A Classic Potato Salad Recipe
- Potato salad can be made 1-2 days ahead of time. Leftover potato salad that has been kept properly chilled will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- If your potato salad has been sitting out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, you should discard any leftovers.
- I do not recommend freezing this old fashioned potato salad. The ingredients will not retain the same consistency when thawed.
How To Make Potato Salad Recipe Without Eggs
It is a super simple recipe.
Prep the Potatoes
Wash the potatoes thoroughly under running water in a Kitchen Colander. Make sure to remove all the dirt from the surface. Also remove any other impurities from the surface if any. Potatoes are ready to be boiled.
Boil the Potatoes
Place the clean & washed potatoes in the Inner Pot of the Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water. Place the lid and set the valve to sealing. Pressure cook it on HIGH for 7 minutes and follow NPR . Once the safety valve drops down, open the lid. Carefully transfer the potatoes in a Strainer and drain all the liquid. Let the potatoes come to room temperature before handling these for the salad. Once the potatoes are cooled, chop these into 6 to 8 bit size pieces. Do not chop them too small. Set aside.
Prep the Green Beans
After you cook the potatoes in the instant pot, cook the green beans in Instant pot. Place a trivet inside the IP and then place a steamer basket on top. Put the washed and trimmed green beans on it. Close the lid and set the valve to sealing. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 0 minute. Follow QPR . Take the beans out and give them a cool water bath to retain the crispiness of the beans. Cut these beans into 3 pieces each.
Or you can just microwave the green beans for 1& 1/2 minutes in 2 tbsp water. Drain the water later and run them through cold water.
Prep the Green Peas
Use frozen green peas. Thaw them in the microwave for 1 minute or till thawed.
Prep other Vegetables & Herbs
Make Salad Dressing
Also Check: Egg Salad With Greek Yogurt
Potato Salad Without Eggs
Potato salad is a fantastic side dish that is perfect for all kinds of dishes. This simple yet amazing dish originated in Germany.
The original recipe for potato salad was created by boiling the potatoes in wine and herbs. It sounds quite good according to our ears. However, were betting the version that we created the present-day version, is much better!
The original potato salad was served with bacon, potatoes, and celery, all dressed with vinegar and oil. Nowadays, the base recipe hasnt changed that much. These remain the primary ingredients of the potato salad. It is also served with added mayonnaise.
Potato salad is among the must-have side dishes for an outdoor barbecue or picnic, but it could also serve as a must-have food item during the Christmas season.
If you like to play around in the kitchen potato salad is the perfect starting point to add some additions like extra mustard, crisp celery, spring onions, or pickles.
Whatever flavor profile youre after, The beginning of any great potato salad is the potatoes.
Red Potato Salad Recipe No Egg
Creamy Dilled Red Potato Salad Recipe Foodiecrush Com Red Potato Salad Potato Salad Recipe Easy Red Potato Salad Recipe
Taste S Like Mark S Feed Store Red Potato Salad Recipe Food Com Recipe Red Potato Salad Red Potato Salad Recipe Potato Salad With Egg
Red Potato Salad The Girl Who Ate Everything Recipe Red Potato Salad Potato Salad Potato Salad With Egg
Creamy Potato Salad With Bacon Simply Gloria Recipe Bacon Potato Salad Creamy Potato Salad Potatoe Salad Recipe
Herbed Potato Salad No Mayo Recipe Potatoe Salad Recipe Herbed Potato Salad Red Potato Salad
Herbed Potato Salad No Mayo Recipe Best Salad Recipes Potatoe Salad Recipe Red Potato Salad Recipe
Best Ever Potato Salad Recipe Recipe Potatoe Salad Recipe Best Ever Potato Salad Red Potato Salad
Pin On Potatoes
Red Potato Salad Recipe Red Potato Salad Red Potato Salad Recipe Potatoe Salad Recipe
Best Creamy Dill Red Skin Potato Salad Dill Recipes Potatoe Salad Recipe Potato Salad Dill
Red Bliss Potato Salad With Dill Eazy Peazy Mealz Potatoe Salad Recipe Red Potato Salad Recipe Red Bliss Potatoes
Red Potato Salad A Classic Potato Salad Recipe Red Potato Salad Potatoe Salad Recipe Cooking Recipes
Herbed Potato Salad No Mayo Recipe Potatoe Salad Recipe Herbed Potato Salad Red Potato Salad
Pin On Foodie
Pin On Eat Your Veggies
Red Potato Salad Recipe Red Potato Salad Potatoe Salad Recipe Red Potatoes
Red Potato Salad Recipe Red Potato Salad Potatoe Salad Recipe Red Potatoes
Pin On Salads
Read Also: New York Times Cobb Salad