Keto & Health Insights For Chili’s Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad
- Net Carbs are 3% of calories per serving, at 16g per serving. This meal falls within the range for standard keto diet guidelines . If your daily net carb quota is 25g and if this food almost equals that much, consider whether you’re going to eat more food later. Always take into account any foods you’ve already consumed. It’s recommended that you track the macros of your daily food consumptionsthis makes it easier to avoid overconsumption.
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 53%. At 1210mg, it’s considered high in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV , which considers any food with %DV of more than 20% as high in sodium. The organization recommends 2300mg of sodium as the daily limit. High sodium is believed to be associated with health problems such as heart disease, strokes, high blood pressure, and kidney malfunctions. There’s also a belief that diets with high amounts of salt correlates with obesity, but the link hasn’t proven to be so direct. Instead, salt may trigger overeating by increasing the feeling of hunger, according to studies referenced in this WebMD article about salt & obesity. Add-ons such as sauces and condiments are the usual high-sodium culprits in most restaurant meals. Sodium additives are responsible for most high sodium amounts in packaged foods, especially frozen meals. For most adults, a healthy range for daily maximum sodium consumption is between 1500-2300mg foods should be within 5%-20% DV per serving.
Set Up Your Flavor Profile
We’ve got everything you need to up your kitchen game – plus, special offers and discounts just for you!
Are you out of McCormick ?
Set up your Flavor Profile or to:
- Add this spice to “My Spices”
- Create a more personalized experience
- Manage your spices in Flavor Profile
Sign up to save your favorite flavors.
Sign up to save your favorite flavors.
DON’T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?
Already have an account?
What Is In The Santa Fe Chicken Salad At Chilis
Im going out on a limb and saying this is the best salad ever. Not only does it win in the flavor department, but the ingredient list isnt too long. Heres what you need to get started:
- Grilled Chicken I love using my margarita chicken for this salad, but we also love grilled fajita chicken. All you need for that is a little fajita or taco seasoning, lime juice, and oil.
- Lettuce Romaine is my go-to. Its crisp and delicious, but any lettuce will work here.
- Pico We have a few amazing local pico brands that I always have on hand, but if you cant find any dont worry! Making your own is super simple. We like this recipe from Show Me The Yummy
- Avocado, Lime and Cilantro These are all technically optional, but really add to the salad. A fresh squeeze of lime goes a long way.
- Tortilla Strips Cant find these? No worries! Just break up a few tortilla chips for the same crunchy texture.
- Ranch Bottled will be ok, but this will truly shine with a homemade ranch dressing.
- Santa Fe Sauce Recipe included in the recipe card below.
Read Also: Wendy’s Apple Pecan Salad Calories
Chilis Santa Fe Chicken Salad
This Santa Fe Chicken Salad is a Chili’s copycat recipe loaded with spicy chicken, pico, avocado, cilantro, tortilla strips, ranch and Santa Fe sauce.
Gain access to my free 4-week meal prep magic ebook!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription – in order to take part in the challenge you MUST press that confirm button! Check your “other” folder if you don’t see that confirmation email.In the meantime, add me to your contacts to ensure that you receive my Challenge emails
Grilled Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad
Prep: 35 minutes
- 4 Open Acres® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Our Family® Kosher Salt and Our Family® Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 ear fresh corn, husk and silk removed
- 12 cup Our Family® Light Mayonnaise
- 1 12 tsp. chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 12 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 12 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 tsp. Our Family® Dijon Mustard
- 14 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1 bag chopped hearts of romaine>
- 1 cup rinsed and drained Our Family® Black Beans
- 14 cup diced red bell pepper
- 14 cup shredded Parmesan, Romano and/or Asiago cheese
- 14 tsp. ground black pepper crispy tortilla strips *
1. Prepare Grilled Chicken & Corn: Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Spray both sides of chicken with nonstick cooking spray sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken and corn on hot grill rack. Cook chicken 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once. Cook corn 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently. Remove chicken and corn from grill. Refrigerate chicken and corn until ready to serve.
2. Prepare Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 334 Calories, 10g Fat , 94mg Cholesterol, 623mg Sodium, 21g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 39g Protein
|Submit your review|
You May Like: Moong Salad For Weight Loss
Bacon Avocado Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Chili’s bacon avocado grilled chicken sandwich provides 1,160 calories, 61g fat, 15g saturated fat, 75g carbohydrates, 83g protein, and 2,390mg sodium. The go-to method for reducing the calories of any sandwich is to skip the cheese, bacon, and high-fat condiments. Instead of creamy mayo, add a few slices of avocado for 80 calories and 7g of mostly healthy fats along with some filling fiber.
Passing up a side of fries will save over 400 calories and 600 mg sodium. If you want something crunchy to go with your sandwich, a kids menu side of celery sticks with ranch dip is only 180 calories.
Alongside the fajitas, Chili’s offering of tacos and quesadillas further expands on its Tex-Mex menu.
Chili’s Salads Soups & Chili Menu Prices In United States
Chili’s Salads, Soups & Chili has menu items like Boneless Buffalo Chicken Salad, Quesadilla Explosion Salad, Santa Fe Crispers® Salad, Santa Fe Chicken Salad, Caribbean Salad with Seared Shrimp, Caribbean Salad with Grilled Chicken, Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad, Southwest Shrimp Caesar Salad, Grilled Chicken Salad, Soup & House Salad, Soup & Caesar Salad, Chili & House Salad, Chili & Caesar Salad, Side Caesar Salad, Side House Salad, Bowl of the Original Chili, Cup of the Original Chili, Bowl of Soup and Cup of Soup in United States.
|Salads, Soups & Chili|
Recommended Reading: Joseph Joseph Salad Bowl With Servers
Chilis Santa Fe Sauce Recipe
This sauce is GOLD. So delicious and pairs beautifully with all of the other ingredients. Its what takes this recipe from a good salad to a great one.
Santa Fe Salad Dressing
The dressing for the salad is a combination of two things ranch salad dressing and an incredibly flavourful Santa Fe sauce.
Its SO delicious, and super easy to make, too! Just add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
Don’t Miss: No Sugar Salad Dressing Brands
Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad
Think salad season is over? Forget that! We love a big hearty salad all year long, like todays Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad with roasted potatoes and warm corn salsa.
As we swiftly approach fall, its easy to start dreaming of spicy chili and cheesy casseroles Its also easy to start packing on the pounds by consuming too much chili and casserole!
In our family, we try to keep dinner salads on the weekly menu all year long to ensure we get a healthy dose of veggies in season and out. I never hear a complaint from Lt. Dan or the kids, when salad is set on the table as the main course.
The key to getting your family excited about salad is to mix things up. Top your greens with unexpected ingredients, as well as favorite flavors.
My southwest-style Chicken Caesar Salad is full of surprises, like crispy roasted potatoes, sliced avocado, and a warm salsa made with fresh corn, poblano peppers, and dried cherries.
The roasted potatoes make this chicken caesar seem like a manly-meal, filling up the whole family. While the corn salsa gives it a savory-sweetness that is high on textural appeal.
I drizzled the chicken caesar salad with my favorite Newmans Own Creamy Caesar Dressing, for rich and zesty flavor. The key is to use just enough dressing to coat the greens, without over saturating your caesar salad. No one likes a soggy caesar.
There are so many wonderful charities to get involved in.
What can you do to change the world for the better?
How To Make This Salad
Here’s how to make this easy salad without a trip to Chili’s:
You May Like: Peppers In Olive Garden Salad
Southwest Chicken Ceasar Salad Recipe
This post brought to you by KRAFT Natural Shredded Cheese and Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
Just a few weeks ago, I was able to try a delicious Southwest Chicken Ceasar Salad recipe at Paradise Bakery. I loved the salad, but I didnt love the price tag. It set me off on a goal to make my own similar copycat recipe that could easily be replicated from home on a budget.
- 2-3 medium boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lime
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder, divided
- 2 tsp paprika, divided
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Ceasar Dressing
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup KRAFT Mexican Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken
Heat the grill to medium heat. Blend a seasoning mix using 1 Tbls cumin, 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper. Add to the bottom of a baking dish.
Flatten your chicken by pressing on top of the breasts to thin out the breasts. This will help them cook quicker and grab more of the seasoning.
Squeeze 1 lime over your chicken breasts, using a brush to spread the juice if needed. Then, dip your chicken into your baking dish coating with seasonings on both sides.
Cook your chicken on the grill, flipping with the one side is complete until your chicken is done, check with a meat thermometer for the proper internal temperature. Dice up the chicken into bite size pieces.
While your chicken cooks, prepare the dressing using KRAFT Ceasar dressing blended with paprika, cumin and chili powder. Blend well.
How To Make This Salad:
Ready to make this salad without having to leave your home? Youll have everyone thinking you picked up Chilis take-out!
TIP: I love time saving tips, heres one for this recipe: When you are grilling chicken next, add an extra pound or two. Grilled chicken will freeze for up to 4 months. This makes dinnertime extra fast on busy weeknights.
Read Also: What Is The Best Salad Dressing For Low Carb
Texas Dry Rub Baby Back Ribs
A full rack of the Texas dry rub baby back ribs contains 1480 calories, 107g fat, 41g saturated fat, 5120mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 99g protein, and 5,120mg sodium. If you want to center your meal around steak or ribs, be choosy about sides. A side of homestyle fries adds 420 calories to your meal, for example.
Choosing a side of steamed broccoli only adds 40 calories, but also gives you 4 grams of fiber. A drizzle of Black Pepper Gravy has 25 calories, 10g fat, and 240mg sodium.
Video Result For Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad
Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad : Chicken Salad Recipes
Chicken Salad Wrap using Veeba Caesar Dressing & Veeba…
Wendy’s Mukbang | Wendy’s Southwestern Avocado Chicken…
You May Like: Is Eating Salad Everyday Healthy
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
The skillet chocolate chip cookie, which comes topped with ice cream and hot fudge, provides 1,180 calories, 49g fat, 24g saturated fat, 177g carbohydrates, 14g protein, and 890mg sodium.
To finish off with something just a little sweet, a side of fruit like pineapple or mandarin oranges will add fewer than 100 calories and 20g sugar to your meal, along with some fiber and vitamins.
Beef Bacon Ranch Quesadillas
The dinner serving of the beef bacon ranch quesadillas includes steak, cheese, and bacon, and comes served with additional ranch and sour cream. The plate provides 1,790 calories, 134g fat, 43g saturated fat, 70g carbohydrates, 80g protein, and 4,000mg sodium.
For a lower-sodium quesadilla option, consider looking toward the kid’s menu. Pair up the grilled chicken dippers and cheese quesadilla, and you have a 700-calorie meal.
Don’t Miss: Beet And Goat Cheese Salad
How Many Calories In Santa Fe Chicken Salad At Chili’s
The difference in calories between Chilis Santa Fe chicken salad and my version may surprise you.
According to the restaurants nutritional guide, one serving of their salad has 635 calories, and that is without any dressing. You have to add another 210 calories for 3 tablespoons of their Santa Fe dressing!
In comparison, a serving of my copycat salad has just 438 calories, and that includes the ranch dressing and Santa Fe sauce!
What Experts Say
The menu at Chilis includes vegetarian and vegan options and the ability to personalize an order to exclude some allergens . While there are whole grain options and veggie sides to add fiber to your meal, the sodium levels of most dishes are very high. Even if you opt for lower sodium foods for your other meals, you may find you are still exceeding your daily sodium limit if you eat here regularly.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Make A 7 Layer Salad