The 15 Best Places For Chicken Salad In Atlanta
Laura MacKenzie: Get the curry chicken salad!
365Atlanta.com: Try the curry chicken salad – the house specialty. I like it on the French baguette!
Logan Moses: All of the chicken salads are great-curry chicken is my fav. NEED the recipe for their salad dressing!
Bailey Parrish: Walnut Chicken Salad is to die for. Go ahead and buy the 20oz to take home. You’ll hate yourself if you don’t.
Michele Arnett: I love the Walnut Chicken Salad Plate. It’s perfect for lunch and I don’t end up hungry a few hours later like with most salads. This salad is hearty and delicious.
Laurissa: Great walnut chicken salad!
David Favero: Haven’t been disappointed yet. Everything is fresh and quite good. Burger for when I feel naughty….chicken ceasar salad on most days.
Daria Delaney: Try the curry chicken salad sandwich!
Gigi: Curry chicken salad is tasty!
Nicole Marane: Excited to go back and try more things on the menu! Loved the pecan chicken salad over greens
Casey: Chicken salad on greens is fantastic!
Carlos Escobar: Meatloaf sandwich is out of control!
Justin McNeal: If you didn’t already know, the chicken salad here is famous and should not be missed! Be sure to order it with the ‘complimentary cheese toast’ and you’re in for a free treat!
G J: Try the Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
G J: Try the Grilled Chicken salad – With cilantro lime vinaigrette and peanut sauce, sooo good. Usually comes with tortilla strips but I got without.
Cajun Chicken Salad With Pecans
For a really flavorful hero sandwich, try this Cajun chicken salad with pecans. Celery, green onions, chopped pecans, fresh parsley, and some Cajun seasoning are mixed with a creamy and spicy mayo-Tabasco-cayenne dressing. For tree nut allergies, use pepitas or sunflower seeds instead. For extra flavor, add cooked crispy bacon or cubed cured ham.
Chicken Salad With Curry
Curry chicken salad is wonderful in pita pockets with a simple salad on the side. It also makes a great meal when mixed with cooked cubed potatoes. The curry powder gives it a powerful character while the sweet raisins and mayo tone it down, making a flavorful salad. Stick with the toasted almonds or add cubed peeled apples or pecans for extra crunch.
Recommended Reading: What Kind Of Potatoes For Potato Salad
Keep Your Protein Lean
Chicken and other types of poultry, like turkey, are naturally lean, or lower in fat.
Using chicken that has been poached, broiled, baked, grilled, microwaved, or steamed helps keep calories lower since these cooking methods typically do not require much added fat.
On the other hand, fried, breaded, canned, and processed types of chicken tend to be higher in fat, salt, and calories per serving.
Fabulous Places To Get Chicken Salad In Bossier
Chicken salad can be done in many ways but it still remains an all-time favorite. What makes the best chicken salad? Is fruit used? No fruit? What about pecans? Cashews? What should it be served on? Croissant or bun?
Most of these are personal preferences but despite what you prefer, here are four places in Bossier City that have fantastic chicken salad you do not want to miss.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Pasta Salad Dressing
How To Poach Chicken
I love to use poached chicken in this recipe as its easy, healthy, and flavorful. It also means you dont have to turn your oven on if its a hot sunny day outside. A definite bonus.
If done correctly, poaching can yield one of the most tender pieces of chicken youve ever had. To nail this every time, follow the simple steps below.
Can you use baked chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken? Of course. While I prefer poached chicken, almost any chicken works in this recipe. Just make sure you have about four cups of diced or shredded chicken.
The Best Places To Get Chicken Salad In Atlanta
There are a few foods that can only be described as Southern. Fried green tomatoes, corn bread, sweet peas and everything from Soul Food to the Low Country covers the spectrum. But theres one dish thats been around for centuries and hasnt changed too much since the Southern cookbooks it first started appearing in during the 1800s Chicken Salad. As the capitol of the South, Atlanta has its share of great chicken salad spots. Weve covered a few of our favorites below.
Cafe at PharrMultiple LocationsThe chicken salad kings of Atlanta might be Cafe at Pharr. Chicken salad is a huge part of their menu, and they offer great variations, including Basil Chicken Salad, Jalapeño Chicken Salad, Walnut Chicken Salad, Curry Chicken Salad, Celery Chicken Salad and more. You can find them in multiple locations throughout Metro Atlanta, so no excuse not to try one of the citys best.
Chicken Salad ChickMultiple LocationsThis fast casual chain has been popping up all over Atlanta and the Southeast for good reason their chicken salad is top notch. After all it better be its in the name. Inspired by Southern roots, it has over a dozen different chicken salads that are all named after Southern women who inspired the owners. You can turn your chicken salad into a sandwich, over have it with soup for a perfect Southern lunch.
Recommended Reading: Annies Salad Dressing Gluten Free
Ideas For Customizing This Recipe
The great thing about this Thai salad is that its so very easily customizable. Check out these tips:
- Use whatever lettuce you have on hand or enjoy eating. Or use bagged lettuce its up to you!
- If youre not a kale fan, skip adding the kale or substitute with fresh spinach.
- You can also purchase pre-sliced carrots and peppers to shave off more time off of this already quick recipe.
- Skip the edamame if you dont have it and instead use another veggie you like or a hardy bean like chickpeas.
- For additional crunch, top the salad with chopped peanuts instead of or in addition to the wonton strips.
- No wonton strips? Skip them or add a crunch from tortilla strips/chips.
- Bottled dressings are fine on this salad too. I like to use an Asian vinaigrette or another Asian-flavored dressing on top of this Asian chicken salad.
- Speaking of chicken, if you dont want to add the chicken, you can skip it or add another protein
Use A Cold Serving Tray
Plenty of serving trays can keep your chicken salad sandwiches chilled for the duration of the event. You no longer need to set the food on the table and hope for the best.
Here are just a few chilled serving tray options available.
- Deep chiller bowl. Fill the double-walled insulated bowl with water and then freeze it. Pour the chicken salad into the bowl and set it on the buffet table. The chicken salad will stay chilled for a couple of hours as the ice in the inner wall melts. Dont worry. The ice wont melt into the salad.
- A serving tray on ice. Pour ice cubes on the bottom plate. Then place the serving tray with the chicken salad sandwiches on top of the ice. It should fit securely. As a bonus, many of these trays come with a lid. Your food will stay cold, and you can keep the bread from drying out simultaneously.
- Flexifreeze party mat chiller. This comes with a freezable ice sheet that you insert into the mat. The water is contained when the ice sheet melts, so there is no soggy mess. You can swap the thawed ice sheet out for a frozen one if you need food chilled longer.
Don’t Miss: Very Large Wooden Salad Bowl
Serving Chicken Salad Sandwiches:
When it gets right down to it, nothing beats a good chicken salad sandwich. Whether you make a chicken salad club sandwich by adding, lettuce, tomato, and bacon or simply adding a slice of cheese or garden fresh tomato slices, its going to be a sandwich to remember.
Chicken Salad Sandwiches can be served on any type of roll, bread, or lettuce wrap. I love my chicken salad on a croissant, 21-grain bread, hoagie roll, or good old-fashioned sandwich bread.
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. Its a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a pickup fee on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Instacart+ members. Instacart+ membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Instacart+ or Instacart+ membership.
Also Check: Tuna Salad Recipe 1 Can
Ingredients In Chicken Salad
- Use leftovers from last nights dinner or leftover rotisserie chicken or grilled chicken.
- To Make Chicken for chicken salad I like to use either poached chicken or baked chicken breasts or thighs.
- You can use canned chicken in a pinch but of course fresh is best when possible.
- Ensure the chicken is cooled and shred or chop the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- As this is a classic chicken salad recipe, Ive kept the additions to a minimum. Celery for crunch, green onions for flavor.
- This recipe can be made with a variety of nuts, veggies, and fruit for added flavor and texture.
- Chicken salad with grapes, avocado or dried cranberries is a favorite. Pecans or almonds pair well with this recipe.
- Mayonnaise is the base of this recipe and its simply seasoned.
- You can get creative and substitute some of the mayo for ranch dressing or your favorite salad dressing recipe.
- Create an Avocado Chicken Salad by replacing some of the mayonnaise with mashed avocado.
Places To Get A Salad Near Me
I love salads. Im even more obsessed with fresh salad than I am with my own body as a whole. Im not just talking about the raw or cooked kind, but also the kind you grab and go. Id hate to deprive myself of the salad that has just been made, or that has been sitting out all day, but Im not sure if I can.
I dont think Im doing too much salad this year, but its just something to get me going.
So here are a few places that I know you can get some salad near me.
Yes, Salad on a Stick is a great place, but they have other salad places in their area.
So if youre ever in the neighborhood looking for some salad, you should definitely try Salad on a Stick. They have a bunch of other salad places near my house.
There is also the salad shop down the street called Salad on a Stick. Its really really good. If you ever get a chance to go there, I would definitely recommend it.
This is the place for me personally that I would recommend to anyone. I think it is just a really great place to get some fresh salad. The owner is very knowledgeable about the salad making process so you really can pick and choose which items you want to order. And the food is pretty good. I just went one day and ordered the chicken salad with pickles and avocado and they had it for less than $10.
And heres my favorite part, the owner has a very friendly and helpful staff. If you ever get the chance to visit, highly consider it.
Don’t Miss: Olive Garden Salad Dressing Gluten Free
Pineapple Chicken Salad With Grapes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Salad with Grapes is the perfect simple meal and a great twist on a classic Chicken Salad. Its flavorful with lots of texture and color.This easy salad can be made with leftover Oven Baked Chicken Breasts or rotisserie chicken!
Serve this as an easy weeknight meal with a tossed salad or make it ahead of time to enjoy for lunch throughout the week.
In partnership with Nestea
Revitalise Bowl At Banyan
The Revitalise Bowl at Banyan has been designed to be balanced, nutritious and downright tasty. Perfect for veggies and those avoiding gluten, its a riot of colour exactly what we like to see in a salad. It starts with a bed of quinoa, on top of which sits halloumi, roast butternut squash, red & golden beets, avocado, tomato and roasted peppers. Its finished with a flourish of a superfood dressing. Mix it altogether for a cascade of utterly delicious mouthfuls that are both filling and nourishing.
Banyan, 2, The Old Post Office, City Square, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2ES.
You May Like: Where To Buy Amish Potato Salad
Read Also: How Do You Make Broccoli Salad
Why We Love This Recipe
This salad is fresh and loaded with flavor. It is quick and simple to prepare, and is so versatile!
Asian chicken salad is a great way to use up leftover chicken! The chicken in this dish can be served cold as a chilled salad for warm summer months or add chicken hot off the grill!
Using cabbage instead of lettuce in this salad means it keeps well, so go ahead and make it ahead of time. Keep the dressing separate and keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Mrs Stratton’s Premium Gold White Meat Chicken Salad
If you’re looking for a classic chicken salad, meet your new grocery store go-to. Mrs Stratton’s Premium Gold White Meat Chicken Salad is super-smooth in texture, which makes it easy to spread. Testers noted that this spreadable chicken salad would be great for sandwiches. One tester commented that it tastes the closest to homemade, and if you really want to dress it up, you can add in freshly diced celery for more crunch. This chicken salad’s smooth consistency and classic taste earned it a gold star from our testers.
You May Like: Good Seasons Salad Dressing Mix
Publix Classic Chicken Breast Salad
The Publix Classic Chicken Breast Salad had a smoother, more blended texture than some of the other options. This chicken salad is pretty much as basic as it gets, with cooked chicken breast, mayonnaise, and celery as the main ingredients. Relish and red pepper are also added to give it a little zing, however, testers found this chicken salad to be a bit bland compared to the more dynamic, fruit- and nut-packed chicken salads. While some noted flavors of dill, the testers did not pick up on any spice from the red pepper.
Whole Foods Classic Chicken Salad
The Whole Foods Classic Chicken Salad is essentially the Sonoma Chicken Salad without all the fun mix-ins. This makes it a great option for those allergic to nuts, but it also means you’re missing out on those flavorful grapes and poppy seeds. The Classic Chicken Salad is made with poached chicken, celery, and mayo, and testers commented that this version packed a strong dill flavor. If you’re going to Whole Foods, we’d choose the specialty Sonoma Chicken Salad over the classic version. Basic doesn’t have to be boring, and the Sonoma Chicken Salad is fun and flavorful without venturing too far outside the box.
Read Also: Store Bought Paleo Salad Dressing
The 10 Best Salads In Leeds
Whether youre looking to knock out all of your five a day in one sitting or youre just craving some fresh, nutritious veggies, this is the list for you.
On a diet? Need some balance? Having a salad neednt bore you to tears, instead, indulge in these beauties. Weve got gloriously crisp falafel, marinated beef and chargrilled chicken tossed on a bed of crunchy salad leaves, quinoa or heirloom tomatoes, all drizzled with hot sauce, garlic aioli or hummus. Whatever your preference, these are the salads in Leeds that you have to try.
Choose Tomatoes For You Salad Wisely
Most tomato varieties tend to get grainy and dull in flavor outside of the summer months, but Campari and Vine-Ripened tomatoes are great options for larger tomatoes. They tend to keep both a more vibrant color and flavor even outside of tomato season.
If you plan to use one of these varieties for your salad, take care to remove the seeds before adding them to the salad so they dont water down your lettuce. If you dont want to mess with seeding tomatoes, try using grape or cherry tomatoes for your salad.
You May Like: How To Make Salad In A Jar
What Can I Use Besides Mayonnaise
- plain Greek yogurt
- combination of sour cream and mayonnaise
- blue cheese dressing to make it buffalo style
Reseason the chicken salad mixture if needed, then place the finished chicken salad in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors build.
Making it early in the day or a day ahead of time will give you a better-tasting chicken salad.