Raw Unfiltered Cider Vinegar Vs Filtered
- It seems boutique unfiltered cider vinegar from smaller producers has been popping up everywhere lately. For years now I have been buying it in small quantities from Shelburne Orchards. But now I am seeing a whole new crop of locally produced boutique apple cider vinegars on the shelves. One of the most common nationally available brands is Braggs.
- The difference between the cloudy unfiltered vinegars and the clear commercially produced vinegar, is the former isnt heat treated or pasteurized and filtered. That means raw unfiltered vinegar has active enzymes from the fermentation process.
- Another difference between the two is that in the initial fermentation phase commercial processors add yeast, whereas smaller micro-batch producers use natural airborn yeasts.
Why Youll Love This Recipe:
- This apple cider vinegar dressing is tangy and sweet, with freshness you can taste.
- It so easy to make and comes together in mere minutes.
- It contains only 4 ingredients.
- It keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge, although its so delicious that it probably wont last that long.
- Its gluten-free, vegan and paleo-friendly.
How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
Just place all of the ingredients into a mason jar and shake for a good 30-60 seconds, until combined .
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing need to be refrigerated?
Yes, store in the fridge in a tightly-covered jar.
How long is the dressing good for?
If you used garlic to make it, it is best to use it within 7 days. If no garlic was used, it can stay up to 14 days.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing healthy?
Yes. Especially if you use Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother. This recipe is Whole30 compliant, low carb, keto-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Its suitable for pretty much every eating style out there.
You’ll also enjoy:
Also Check: Fat Free Honey Dijon Salad Dressing
Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette
We all know that the key to a tasty salad is a delicious salad dressing.
I usually prepare my salad dressings in my trusty blender, but since thats been out of commission for the past couple of weeks, Ive had to get a little more creative. This recipe requires no fancy equipment> just a glass mason jar, or other sealed container, for shaking!
Raw apple cider vinegar has been associated with a variety of health benefits, including the possibility of lowering glucose levels and relieving gas, bloating and heartburn. While most vinegars are acidic in the body, raw apple cider vinegar is actually thought to have an alkalizing effect similar to lemons or limes, which also taste acidic but leave an alkaline ash in the body.
When shopping for apple cider vinegar, make sure you select a variety that is labeled as With the Mother and has a bit of sediment floating around the bottom of the bottle. This odd-looking sediment is actually raw enzymes and gut-friendly bacteria that are thought to promote healing.
Paired with raw honey and fresh garlic, this dressing is sure to liven up any salad and might even have your family craving their veggies!
Time To Prepare Your Mixed Greens And Veggie Salad
Now that youre craving a salad I know I am I hope Ive encouraged you to give this recipe a try, especially if youve never explored how versatile ACV is.
As you know, salads are best when you get creative and pile on the healthy vegetables and rotate your greens. This version brings a delicious crunch and flavor with asparagus and radishes. And the bitter greens add the perfect bite to complement the tang of the salad dressing!
If you make and enjoy this recipe, make sure to tag me on so I can see!If youre on, remember to pin this recipe and share it with your friends and family.
All my love,
Read Also: Chick Fil A Lemon Kale Caesar Salad Review
Whats In Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Apple Cider Vinegar, which gives this dressing a little extra tang which is really fantastic! I love using this organic apple cider vinegar with the mother which has a great flavor. I think it gives a nice extra sweetness and depth.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- its really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, its an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Safflower Oil a very light oil which is high oliec, this safflower oil gives this dressing a great texture when blended with the olive oil.
- Pint Sized Mason Jars I like these wide mouth pints to make all my salad dressings in I love adding all ingredients to the jar, sealing the air tight lid, and shaking for about 30 seconds. Its easier than using a bowl.
The Best Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing
The best homemade Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing! Super quick and easy to make and tastes so much better than bottled.
My fiancé Jeff kinda sorta made me fall in love with salad all over again.
Like, I was never one to make a side salad with my dinner. It sounded annoying. And aren’t they always better from restaurants anyway?!
No siree! Having been with Jeff for almost four years, I’ve eaten quite a few salads with dinner. He’s the reason we have a salad spinner .
He’s also the reason I’m now inspired to have fabulous salad dressings like today’s ridonculously good apple cider vinegar one or my amazing balsamic vinaigrette on hand at all times.
Because making salad is actually so darn quick and simple. And who doesn’t need some extra veggie oomph in their life?!
Now that I’m so used to taking the whopping three minutes it takes to make dressing, I can’t imagine buying it at the store. It just doesn’t taste the same as homemade! Prepare to be converted.
Read Also: Where To Buy Seaweed Salad
What Should I Serve With This Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing
I love making loaded salads at home with all kinds of healthy ingredients. For protein I usually make some cast iron chicken thighs or pan seared chicken breasts.
Then, I make some pickled red onions to add extra flavor and crunch to my salads. Finally, I put it all on a bed of greens with some raw chopped veggies and crumbled cheese.
Whats The Difference Between Apple Cider Vinegar And White Vinegar
Not all vinegars are the same, Beauties. There is actually a big difference between apple cider vinegar and white vinegar.
White vinegar is made by fermenting a grain alcohol similar to vodka, which helps that good bacteria to grow and acetic acid to form. Acetic acid is what gives vinegar its distinctive taste and smell.
Most vinegars are made from fermenting alcohol, but ACV isnt made out of apple juice or cider. Its actually made from chopped up apples, covering them in water, and allowing them to ferment. The bacteria from the fermentation converts the alcohol into acetic acid, creating apple cider vinegar.
Recommended Reading: Oxo Salad Dressing Shaker Small
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Ingredients
Simple, clean, non-dairy ingredients all of the measurements and details are in the printable recipe card at the end of the post.
- Apple Cider Vinegar | I wouldnt be an apple cider vinaigrette without it! I like Braggs or Trader Joes.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil | Use the good stuff here, you dont need much and it has a milder flavor.
- Orange Juice | Fresh squeezed is best here, but I wont judge.
- Maple Syrup | just a touch, reduce or omit if you prefer, but it adds the perfect bit of sweetness, naturally.
- Dijon Mustard | This adds the creaminess to the dressing, be sure to double check that your mustard is gluten-free and vegan, if that matters to you.
HINT | If you plan on using this delicious dressing for a salad and to marinate some chicken, then double the dressing.
Other Great Apple Cider Vinegar Uses
Although it may seem out of place to spend time talking about ACV benefits beyond the health benefits when eating it on a salad, there are so many uses outside of the kitchen I just have to share a few!
Apple cider vinegar isnt just great in your recipes it also has a ton of useful applications around the house, or as a remedy when youre not feeling your best.
Because of its antibacterial properties, apple cider vinegar is a popular choice for homemade cleaning products or disinfectants. Just add one cup of water for every half cup of ACV, and you have an effective all-natural cleaning product.
Similarly, you can use ACV to clean produce after you bring it home. It can kill dangerous bacteria like E.coli or Salmonella, and remove any lingering pesticides on your produce.
Apple cider vinegar is also a tried and true health remedy. Because of its antibacterial properties, ACV can be used to soothe and treat sore throats just make sure to dilute the vinegar with water to prevent additional throat discomfort. And because its an acid, its a popular home remedy for wart removal.
Alright, now that youve indulged me, and have multiple reasons to stock your shelf with ACV, lets talk salad dressing!
Read Also: How To Make Fried Taco Salad Shells
How To Make The Dressing
There’s two ways to make this dressing. Both of them are very very easy.
You can make an emulsified dressing – that means the oil and water based ingredients like vinegar are blended together so they don’t separate. This method also thickens the dressing a little bit and requires an immersion blender.
Or you can make a simple whisked dressing by whisking the ingredients together. For this method you can also just throw all your ingredients in a mason jar, cover tightly, and shake it.
All of these methods work great and taste great and I personally flip flop between all of them depending on my mood and time, so here are a few tips:
- If using an immersion blender you can just rough chop the garlic then just give the ingredients a few short pulses with the blender to chop them.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil wether using an immersion blender or a whisk to help incorporate it with the vinegar and cider.
- If whisking or shaking the ingredients together, make sure the garlic is finely chopped.
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Avocado Oil – you can also use olive oil, avocado oil just happens to be my favorite due to its very mild flavor!
- Apple Cider Vinegar – be sure to choose a brand that is organic and contains the mother.
- Dijon Mustard – this gives the dressing a delicious creamy texture!
- Maple Syrup – this is completely optional!
- Salt & Pepper
Read Also: Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
How To Make Acv
Whether you make it yourself at home, or buy it with the mother from a store, apple cider vinegar is made in a similar fashion.
Crushed apples, or apple scraps combine with water and yeast either artificially or the yeast naturally occurring on the apples skin.
If you make it at home, be sure to cover the top of the jar with a coffee filter and rubber band to allow the gases to escape, but as keep flies out.
Store in a dark place at room temperature to let the fermentation process do its work!
The natural sugars in the apples feed the yeast which ferments into alcohol.
If you stop here, this is how hard apple cider is made.
After this stage, if you let the fermentation continue, the alcohol continue to ferment, turning it into acetic acid.
Acetic acids gives vinegar is sour smell and flavor.
Researches believe that it is acetic acid that gives apple cider vinegar its health benefits.
For the best online fermentation course, with video instructions on how to make your own herbal ciders, beers, kombucha, and more, check out The Craft of Herbal Fermentation Course.
Make A Tangy And Sweet Apple Cider Dressing For All Kinds Of Salads
Ever wonder how to use that apple cider vinegar? Combine it with a few other ingredients to make this apple cider vinaigrette.
Pour a steady stream of olive oil into a blender with the vinegar to make an emulsified and creamy vinaigrette. Then, pour the creamy apple cider vinegar dressing all over your salads.
Read Also: Best Foods Potato Salad Recipe
Ways To Enjoy Apple Cider Vinaigrette
While this is my own personal favorite dressing, not just in the fall but pretty much any time of year, it also has over delicious uses!
I loooooove it as a marinade for chicken, pork, and fish.
It’s also great for sweeter style slaws too! Just combine it with a little mayo and toss with your favorite bagged slaw ingredients. It’s a similar flavor to the slaw on these pulled pork sliders and such a great contrast of flavors!
You can also use it for a fall inspired pasta salad too! Toss cooked pasta with roasted squash, dried cranberries, shallots and this apple cider vinaigrette! So delish!
Let me know how you’re using your vinaigrette in the comments! If you made this, I would super appreciate a star rating in the recipe card below! Thanks for being here!
Minute Salad Dressing Recipes For Entertaining
This apple cider vinegar salad dressing i is what I call an Easy Entertaining Recipe which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those last-minute potluck invites, or when you just want a healthy homecooked meal but dont want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a wholesection of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Just as fast as grabbing a quick prepared bottled dressing from the store ! If youre heading to a party, potluck, or BBQ, check out mylist of top host gifts for summer entertaining for that next-level gift your host will love!
Don’t Miss: Lenox Eternal Christmas Salad Plate
Ways To Use This Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
- Apple cider vinaigrette works well as a salad dressing especially with ingredients like mixed greens, apples, green cabbage slaw, butternut squash, and sweet potatoes.
- This recipe also works well as a dressing for hearty grain and bowl recipes to add extra flavor and tie all your ingredients together.
- A good apple cider vinegar dressing can even double as a delicious marinade for chicken or pork.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
This low calorie apple cider vinaigrette dressing can be made in a jar or a bowl, and directions for both have been included.
We also cut 100s of calories and lots of fat in this recipe for apple cider vinaigrette by swapping most of the oil out for a secret ingredient
Apple cider vinaigrette dressing recipes are a wonderful way to add apple cider vinegar to your diet, without having to drink it.
By making a braggs apple cider vinaigrette you get all the benefits of apple cider vinegar in a yummy salad dressing!
This apple cider vinaigrette dressing is just 41 calories!
Read Also: Olive Garden Soup And Salad Dinner Deal
How To Make The Perfect Emulsion
One of the great things about this apple cider vinegar salad dressing is that it comes together in a perfect emulsion. When you mix olive oil and vinegar, you may notice that they can tend to separate. An emulsion is when oil and vinegar mix to become all one creamy texture.
Whisk up your emulsion the right way, and it will stay creamy: even after storing it. . Heres what to know about whisking up this salad dressing:
- Use a medium sized bowl. Believe it or not, size matters here! Use too small of a bowl, and the liquids wont have enough space to be agitated with the whisk. Your best bet is a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the olive oil gradually. Add it 1 tablespoon at a time, or just bit by bit, whisking after every incorporation. Youll watch the dressing go from thin and watery to thick and creamy, all in a matter of minutes.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is made from apple cider which has been fermented.
You May Like: How Is Caesar Salad Dressing Made
Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Apple cider vinaigrette salad dressing in four easy ingredients. I bet you have everything in your pantry right now! If you love simple recipes, youll want to make this!
If youve ever looked at the back of a salad dressing bottle and cringed when you saw the number of unpronounceable ingredients, then this Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing is for you. Easy to make and tastes fantastic!
Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing Recipe
This apple cider vinegar salad dressing is a bright, fresh, and garlicky vinaigrette thats perfect for to dress any salad for a bbq, potluck, or holiday. This is THE best salad dressing with apple cider vinegar and we make it time and time again. You could also use it as an apple cider vinegar marinade. Its vegan, gluten free, and dairy free.
This post may contain affiliate links. As anI may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
If youre looking for a sweet and refreshing apple cider vinegar salad dressing, look no further than this perfectly balanced acv vinaigrette. It has the perfect balance of vinegar, oil, sweetness, and flavor. Its a bright and vibrant golden salad dressing that takes about 5 minutes to make. Skip the bottled vinaigrette, and make your own with a few simple kitchen ingredients. I made this dressing for our bbq over the weekend and it got rave reviews word got around that this dressing was delish, and people were running for the salad. It was a hit!
Also Check: Best Salad Container To Go