Classic Green Salad Recipes
Simple Butter Lettuce Salad . Composed of tender butter lettuce leaves, briny green olives and salty slivers of aged manchego, our butter lettuce salad is a feast for the eyes and the palate.
Mediterranean Wedge Salad. Iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and pickled onions make this Mediterranean-inspired riff on a classic wedge salad recipe fresh and delicious.
Butter Lettuce Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette. In this simple butter lettuce salad, vibrant lettuce leaves live their best lives, dressed in a tangy homemade vinaigrette and accompanied by creamy avocado and crisp radishes.
Simple Italian Salad. If youre just discovering this classic Italian salad recipe for the first time, congratulations! Meet the perfect side salad to accompany all your Italian pasta, chicken or fish dinners!
Mediterranean Couscous Bowls Recipe
This chickpea bowls recipe is one of our fan favorite salads for dinner Why? In just 25 minutes, you have a fresh bowl of delicious vegetables thats smothered in a tangy lemon tahini sauce. If youre just starting to eat plant based recipes or have been eating them for years, this one is a truly tasty way to eat your veggies.
Pro tip: we used couscous in this bowl because its so quick to cook: bring it to a boil and then turn off the heat for 5 minutes! If you prefer, substitute a whole grain like quinoa or brown rice.
Delicious Cobb Salad Recipes
Classic Cobb Salad with Buttermilk Dressing. Crispy chicken, crumbled bacon, creamy avocado, jammy eggs and sharp blue cheese all on a bed of Romaine topped with a pour of homemade buttermilk dressing. Meet the ultimate, official TMP Cobb salad recipe.
Southwest Style Cobb Salad with Smoky Chipotle Dressing. A smoky chipotle mayo and a little time on the grill transform classic cobb salad ingredients into our new favorite summertime dinnera hearty Southwest-style Cobb salad.
Spring Cobb Salad. Organic lettuce, peas, radishes, asparagus and everything else that spring has to offer makes this riff on Cobb salad absolutely light and delicious.
Recommended Reading: Spinach Salad With Hot Bacon Dressing
Gourmet Salad Recipes To Wow Your Dinner Party Guests
No dinner party is complete without a refreshing, gorgeous salad. Salads are an essential part of every dinner party menu, whether they serve as the introductory first course or as a healthy and refreshing side dish. However, salads are often thrown together last minute without much consideration. While it is possible to create salads quickly, the highest-quality recipes require thought and preparation. Taking the time to prepare a superb salad is well worth the time investment. An elegant, gourmet salad is a beautiful thing. They are filled with bright greens, colorful vegetables, ripe fruits or even flowers, and they create a kind of edible art that will amaze and delight your guests. If you want to truly wow your dinner party guests, try preparing one of these elegant salads that will thrill the taste buds and make a stunning statement as the main entree or a lovely side dish.
Asparagus Salad With Feta
Want a salad recipe thats as tasty as it is versatile? Enter: asparagus salad! Its got savory sauteed asparagus, cooked up in a hot pan for a few minutes then spritzed with lemon. Serve on a bed of greens and sprinkle with peppery radishes and feta crumbles. A zingy Dijon mustard dressing tops it off! Even better: you can serve as a side dish, or add cooked quinoa and make it a main dish salad.
Don’t Miss: Johnny’s Dynamic Electric Salad Spinner
Vegetarian Burrito Bowl With Cauliflower Rice
This veggie burrito bowl will have you immediately coming back for seconds! This one is almost all vegetables, Whole 30 vegetarian friendly, and customizable for just about any diet. Theres cauliflower rice, a fun veggie substitute for rice, fajita-style bell peppers and onions, and crispy roasted shredded sweet potato. But what people have gone crazy over is the chorizo eggs! They mimic meat in flavor, texture, and appearance, and come together in just 5 minutes with a few simple spices. The overall effect is a bowl of colors, flavors and textures thats incredibly satisfying.
Beet Salad With Spinach And Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
Beets, bacon, spinach, and walnuts give this simple salad enough flavor and heft to serve as a main dish. Consider adding a little crumbled feta, goat cheese, or your favorite shredded cheese to make it even heartier. You can boil or roast the beets, but roasting them will bring out their natural sweetness.
Read Also: Melamine Salad Bowl And Servers
Colorful Strawberry Arugula Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
Gluten free and easily vegan
I made this salad for my sisters birthday BBQ and it was a big hit! Everyone thought it was very refreshing and that the flavor was perfect. I couldnt get my bottle of regular balsamic vinegar open, so subbed white balsamic and it was great. I think this recipe will become one of my BBQ standards as it really was excellent and it looks really pretty too. Thanks Kate for the great recipe! Mo
Best Dinner Party Salads
Are you looking for the perfect salad for a dinner party? Or has someone asked you to bring a salad to a potluck party? These salad recipes will be crowd-pleasing winners!
These salad recipes are delicious, flavorful and easy. If you want to up the ante, you can always add something extra on top like your favorite sliced fruit or something heartier like shrimp or chicken. Make it yours and wow your guests!
You May Like: Healthy Lunch Alternatives To Salad
Colorful Chopped Salad With Carrot Ginger Dressing
Gluten free and easily vegan
I cant believe it never dawned on me to make one big salad! Ive been trying to motivate my fiance to make his own lunches for work and this has made all the difference. Weve been loving your recipes since we decided to eat more plant-based and this is the first of your salad recipes Ive tried. Besides being delicious, its so pretty. Im planning on making it for my fiances surprise 30th birthday party this weekend! Samantha
Thai Salad With Peanut Sauce Dressing
This Thai salad is a fresh and delicious way to eat salad for dinner. Crunchy colorful vegetables and crisp-sauteed tofu are smothered in a creamy peanut sauce dressing. Then it’s all topped with peanuts, cilantro, and lime. If youre not a tofu fan, try substituting shrimp or edamame for the protein. As it stands, this Thai salad is gluten free, vegan, and dairy free, so it works for a variety of diets. Theres a lot going on in this bowl, since the more varied and interesting the flavors and textures of a salad, the more satisfying it is.
You May Like: Healthy Salad Ideas For Dinner
Tips For Choosing Salad For A Dinner Party
When you begin to plan the menu for your dinner party, you can easily get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of available options. When you can choose from thousands of delicious salad recipes, it is often difficult to decide which one is the right fit for your guests and menu. Below are some elements to consider before you begin tossing your salad:
1. Know How Much Salad You Will Need The first step in narrowing down your search is to answer two basic questions: How large does the salad need to be, and how many different salads do you want to serve? As a general rule, plan for one or one and a half cups of salad per serving. Depending on the type of salad and your personal preference, you may choose to prepare more for each guest.
2. Decide How Many Salads You Want to Prepare You can prepare several batches of a single salad or try a few different recipes one approach is to make two distinct types of salad and let your guests choose the one they prefer. For example, you could have a savory salad in one bowl and a more delicate, fruit-laden option in another. Preparing multiple salads gives your guests some customization over their dinner and ensures everyone will have a salad they love.
Tips For Storing Salad
- Make ahead instructions: Almost all of these salads can be made ahead of time. My biggest suggestion is to store the ingredients separately from the dressing, and toss when ready to serve. To prep ahead of time, you can chop up all the ingredients and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- How to store: If you do have leftovers, most salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Refer to the specific recipe post for complete storing instructions.
- How to customize. Most salad recipes are versatile and completely customizable. You can add in different vegetables or add in extra protein such as grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, salmon, or tofu.
Recommended Reading: New York Times Chicken Salad
Best Potato Salad Recipe Ingredients
Heres what youll need to make this potato salad recipe:
- Potatoes, of course! Look for Yukon Gold or yellow potatoes. Their creamy texture makes them perfect for this potato salad recipe.
- Celery It offers a delicious crunchy contrast to the creamy dressing and potatoes, and it infuses the salad with savory flavor.
- Radishes and red onion For extra color and crunch.
- Capers Many classic potato salad recipes call for dill pickles or sweet pickles, but I love using capers instead. They add a punch of briny flavor to the salad.
- Dill, chives, and celery seed They deepen the salads savory flavor.
- And the dressing Its creamy, tangy, and bright, made with Greek yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. You can also stir in turmeric for color, but its completely optional. The salad still tastes great without it!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Layered Blue Cheese Bacon And Iceberg Salad
What’s better than a classic wedge? One that’s stacked with all the usual suspects, plus some new friends. Carrots add just the right amount of color and root-veggie crunchiness. You can toss the salad with ranch or French dressing if you don’t have blue cheese on hand.
Get the Recipe: Layered Blue Cheese, Bacon and Iceberg Salad
Don’t Miss: Mcalister’s Chicken Salad Sandwich
Best Kale Salad Recipes
Kale Caesar Salad. Caesar salad isnt something we eat for its health-consciousness or nutrition-density. Unless, of course, were eating this kale Caesar salad recipe, which is Whole30 compliant and full of nutrients.
Kale Salad with Apples and Pumpkin Seed Clusters. A colorful, healthy kale salad recipe thats loaded with crisp apples, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds, then tossed with creamy apple cider vinegar dressing.
Tropical Kale Salad. Piled high with crunchy veggies, sweet mangos, macadamia nuts and tossed with the creamiest coconut curry dressing, this kale salad recipe is a cheery rainbow of a meal.
Curried Sweet Potato And Freekeh Salad
The Spruce Eats / Anastasiia Tretiak
Sweet potatoes pair perfectly with curry because the seasoning warms up their natural sweetness with a little tongue-tingling spice. Mixed with freekeh , dried cranberries and apricots, peas, and crunchy sliced almonds, this tasty salad can serve as lunch all on its own.
You May Like: Basic Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Lentil Salad With Feta
Heres a top-notch lentil salad recipe to add to your arsenal, and man is it tasty. This fresh and healthy lentil salad is Mediterranean-style, mixed with fresh veggies, feta cheese and pistachios. Its a delicious way to add protein to a vegetarian meal as a side dish, or bring to work as a lunch throughout the week. You won’t be able to stop eating it! Or try: French Lentil Salad
Springy Easy Salad Recipes
- Radish Salad with Yogurt Dill Dressing. Blushing radishes, cool cucumber and smoky roasted chickpeas make this gorgeous butter lettuce and radish salad with yogurt-dill dressing an absolute celebration of all things crispy-crunchy.
- Spring Salad With Barley and Lemon Chive Vinaigrette. Dressed with a chive vinaigrette, crunchy sunflower seeds and tart cranberries, this barley salad is an edible celebration of the cusp of spring, and makes a wonderful, hearty vegetarian dinner, too.
- Easy Fennel Salad. This sophisticated raw fennel salad is dressed simply with bright citrus, good olive oil, a sprinkling of parmesan and fresh mint to let the lightly anise-like flavor of the shaved fennel shine.
- Chopped Salad With Herb Yogurt Dressing. This fresh, crunchy chopped salad recipe is studded with bacon, dates and feta then doused in a yogurty, herby salad dressing. If you make it you might have a hard time not eating the whole bowl yourself.
Also Check: How To Prepare Potato Salad
Our 6 Best Salad Recipes For Dinner
Easy Niçoise Salad. Our healthy, easy Niçoise salad recipe is just begging to be paired with long, lazy summer evenings and plenty of chilled rosé.
Grilled Steak Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing. Seared skirt steak, grilled romaine, and onions meet bright cherry tomatoes, avocado, and creamy homemade blue cheese dressing for a grilled steak salad recipe that really hits the spot.
Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Salad. A hearty mountain of roasted sweet potatoes, avocado, black beans and raw kale are tossed in a creamy lime-cashew-cilantro dressing in this brightly flavorful, vegan sweet potato salad recipe.
Baked Salmon with Grapefruit Salad. Avocado, grapefruit and a sweet-tart honey mustard salad dressing makes a colorful bed for fresh baked salmon.
Curried Cauliflower Quinoa Salad. This curried cauliflower quinoa salad recipe is made even heartier and more protein-packed thanks to the addition of a creamy tahini dressing. It’s the perfect vegetarian salad recipe!
What Are Some Of The Best Salad Vegetables
Many of these vegetables are among the most popular with customers. Broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, endive, escarole, green onions, lettuce, mushrooms, peas, bell peppers, chili peppers, radishes, romaine, spinach, and tomatoes are among the salad veggies.
Its critical to consume a wide range of fresh fruits and vegetables in as many colors as possible, and its simple and wonderful to combine them in a salad. Salads are high in vitamins and minerals, and eating one every day will boost the number of solid antioxidants in your blood.
Lunch or dinner, a salad is a delicious option. For each meal, you can select the best dishes. Its crucial to remember that salads change with the seasons, so try out different recipes for different occasions. The finest salad recipes for supper are those that include a variety of textures, flavors, and colors if youre having a dinner party. Consider the most incredible salad recipes for dinner if youre seeking the perfect appetizer for your next meal.
Don’t Miss: Best Foods Mayonnaise Macaroni Salad Recipe
Best Winter Salad Recipes
The Spruce / Emily Hawkes
In the summer, with a bounty of freshly picked vegetables like juicy tomatoes, refreshing cucumbers, and tender greens, it is natural to think of salads. But when the weather turns colder, many of us forget about tossing together this type of vegetable mixture. Enter the winter salad: heartier than their summer counterparts while still wholesome, making the most of vegetables that remain sturdy through the frozen months. Add some of these to your usual rotation of soups and stews for a filling lunch or light dinner.
Arugula Dried Cherry And Wild Rice Salad With A Zippy Lemon Dressing
Gluten free and easily vegan
Just made this as a trial run for a Thanksgiving side salad option and my whole family LOVED it. What I appreciate most about the salad is how easy it is to make, but how complex and multi-layered the flavors are! And my pups loved cleaning up the leftovers :). Thanks for another great recipe! Amy
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Potatoes For Potato Salad
Spinach Feta And Blood Orange Salad
If you’ve never enjoyed the flavor and deep red color of a blood orange, let this salad serve as your reason to start. The sweet, slightly berry-like flavor goes perfectly with iron-rich spinach, salty feta, and lemony sumac dressing in this simple dish that showcases the impressive fruit.
Grilled Watermelon Salad With Sweet And Spicy Vinaigrette
Brushing thick slices of watermelon with Kardeas honey-and-hot-sauce-infused vinaigrette before grilling will give the sweet fruit more flavor than you ever imagined. Serve it atop arugula, with fresh berries, blue cheese, pecans and more.
Get the Recipe: Grilled Watermelon Salad with Sweet and Spicy Vinaigrette
Don’t Miss: Charlie Bird Farro Salad Ina Garten
Why These Healthy Salad Recipes
Im fully aware that you can find many other healthy salad recipes on the web with a touch of a finger. But mine are the best! Pinky promise! In this list you will find healthy spinach salad recipes, kale salads, bean salads and more.
- Easy recipes In many of these salads, even a healthy salad dressing recipe is dumped into the same bowl. I do not love extra steps. We never did in Ukraine and look, I turned out just fine.
- Simple ingredients We are talking about superstore grocery basic avocado, greens, tomato, pasta and quinoa ingredients. However, I encourage you to buy local, seasonal and pesticide free whenever possible.
- Meal worthy and nourishing Most salad ideas are good as a healthy meal or will make you a potluck super star. Full of vitamins and nutrients rather than loaded with saturated fat, sugar and sodium, these salads are perfect for lunch and dinner.
- Tasty I have compiled a collection of salads I would truly enjoy eating like a strawberry cheesecake. What is the prettiest salad worth if it tastes like kale?!
Enjoy these interesting healthy salads recipes for dinner or lunch!