Why You’ll Love This Recipe
It doesnt take much to create a creamy and filling picnic lunch. This Vegan Chicken Salad is made with whole foods, a creamy dressing, and plenty of flavor! Stuff it into sandwiches, wraps, or enjoy it as a picnic-perfect side dish.
My Vegan Chicken Salad recipe is:
- Meal Prep Friendly. Make a batch of this vegan chicken salad on your meal prep day and enjoy healthy, hearty lunches all week long! Use it to make sandwiches or wraps, or add it to your favorite salads for an extra dose of plant-based protein.
- Takes just 10 minutes to assemble. Want to know the secret to the best vegan chicken salad? Soy curls! These small dried pieces of soy soak in vegan chicken broth to rehydrate and in 10 minutes, you have a vegan-friendly protein that mimics the flavor and texture of classic chicken pieces. While the curls are rehydrating, you can whip up the dressing for a totally fuss-free meal.
- Allergy-Friendly. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free .
- Kid-Friendly. I’ve never known a kid who wasn’t crazy for creamy chicken salad. It also pairs very nicely with other kid-friendly dishes like my Pasta Salad and Herbed Potato salad!
Bring a batch of this delicious and easy vegan chicken salad to family barbecues, backyard parties, or your next potluck. It is sure to be the talk of the town!
Vegan Chicken At Whole Foods Hot Bar
The new unbreaded vegan chicken product is made from pea protein and will be available in the prepared foods section at over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. The plant-based chicken will be featured in a variety of dishes in the hot bar, cold salad bar, and grab-and-go section. Be on the lookout for dishes, such as the new Whole Foods Classic Vegan Chicken Salad, which will feature the Lightlife vegan chicken.
The prepared foods section of Whole Foods has some great options for vegans looking for a quick meal on the go, with options ranging from grab-and-go pasta, a build-your-own salad bar, and hot soups and deli sides. Not all Whole Foods locations offer the same options, so check out their store locator to determine what vegan dishes your local store carries.
Vegan Chicken Salad Recipe
Recipe for whole foods vegan chicken salad with palm hearts, jackfruit, apples, grapes coated with a creamy vegan dressing.
This salad tastes incredibly delicious thanks to the spices that are often used for poultry.
You can eat this plant based chicken salad on sandwiches, wraps or simply use it as a side salad.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read More
You don’t have to turn the oven on with this vegan chicken salad, which makes it a great summer dish.
We prepare it with whole food plant-based ingredients. The dairy-free salad is gluten-free, oil-free and soy-free.
You can also make this salad great for a picnic, potlucks, buffets.
The best thing about this great recipe, it’s super quick to prepare because you basically throw all the ingredients into a bowl and then stir them together.
Read Also: Potato Salad Recipe Without Egg
Raising The Bar For Plant
Plant-based poultry is coming to roost at Whole Foods Markets prepared foods departments. The retailer is working with Greenleaf Foods to incorporate plant-based chicken alternatives into its hot bar, cold salad bar and grab-and-go offerings across more than 500 locations in the United States.
The alt-chicken products from Greenleafs Lightlife brand are unbreaded cuts made from pea protein created to mimic the taste, color and pull-apart texture of real poultry. Whole Foods will be the first grocer to offer these items.
Lightlifes plant-based chicken is a great product to add to our portfolio, remarked Amy Eubanks, chef and principal program manager of global culinary development at Whole Foods Market. Its super tasty and works great as an alternative for chicken. Im looking forward to the bright future we have with Greenleaf Foods and the innovations they have on the horizon.
Tommy McDonald, executive chef at Greenleaf Foods, noted that demand is growing for chickens made from plant ingredients. Chicken is the most popular animal protein in the U.S. because it can be used in a wide variety of different dishes, he said. This product performs well in hot or cold food applications, and one of my favorite dishes is the new Whole Foods Market Classic Vegan-Chicken Salad.
Greenleaf Foods, SPC is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of the Canadian food company Maple Leaf Foods, Inc.
Ingredients Needed For Vegan Chicken Salad
- tofu the tofu is loaded with plant-based protein so each serving gives you 15 grams.
- celery and red onion these add a nice crunch to the salad.
- almonds you can swap for a different nut if you dont like almonds or have an allergy.
- raisins for a little sweetness.
- vegan mayonnaise you could also test out making homemade vegan mayo. If youre not 100% vegan, you could try using avocado mayo, which I really like as well.
- apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, turmeric, ground pepper and sea salt were using these six ingredients for a lightened up dressing for the tofu mixture.
- parsley and dill if youve never added fresh herbs to your chicken salad youre missing out! I love fresh parsley, but fresh dill is also amazing!
Also Check: Outback Blue Cheese Pecan Chopped Salad
What Is Whole Foods Market General Tsos Vegan Chicken
This new vegan dish is a big step for Whole Foods Market. Consumers are always looking for ways to cut down on their meat consumption, and this stir fry is a delicious way to do that.
It has all of General Tsos Chicken flavours without the chicken or any animal products, making it perfect for those who follow a vegan diet. This dish will be available in stores nationwide starting September 18th!
More Quick And Light Vegan Recipes
What I love best about this recipe is how fast and delicious it is. But also light–sometimes I just like a nice light dish. Heres a few of my favorites:
- And great for a meal, side, or dish to bring to a barbeque or party–even meateaters will enjoy it!
Also, one quick request: if you love how this recipe looks or tastes, please leave me a 5-star rating and a nice commentratings help more people find my recipes which helps me keep providing them! Thank you!
Recommended Reading: Best Dressing For Chicken Salad
Whole Foods Market General Tsos Vegan Chicken
Its Whole Foods Market General Tsos Vegan Chicken time! Whole Foods Market, one of the most popular supermarkets in America,
is taking over your kitchen with what theyre calling Whole Foods Market General Tsos Vegan Chicken. Whole Foods takes a classic dish and replaces chicken with tofu to make it vegan-friendly.The new recipe has received rave reviews from customers who have tried it so far, but are you brave enough to try this spicy dish?
What Is Vegan Chicken Made Of
The whole food vegan chicken in this salad is made from soy curls. Made from non-GMO soy beans, these are an all-natural alternative to store-bought imitation vegan chicken. I love using soy curls for all sorts of recipes because theyre budget-friendly, soak in lots of flavors, and have a long shelf life.
Read Also: Can I Have Caesar Salad On Keto
Why Would You Want To Eat This Dish Tsos Vegan Chicken
Im not sure if I should call this dish General Tsos Vegan Chicken or just Tsos because it doesnt have any chicken in it.
Either way, this is a delicious vegan take on the popular Chinese dish that will please anyone who tastes spicy food. It has the perfect amount of heat from ginger and cayenne pepper to make your mouth water!
What Is General Tsos Vegan Chicken
General Tsos Vegan Chicken is a Chinese dish made with vegan chicken made from soy protein, tofu, and crunchy vegetables.
This dish has become increasingly popular in the US over the last two decades because it can be found on many menus at fast-food restaurants or takeout joints. You can also find recipes online to make your version of this tasty dish at home!
You May Like: Oxo Good Grips Small Salad Spinner
Whole Foods Debuts Vegan Chicken In Prepared Foods Section
Lightlife Foods will be the exclusive provider of plant-based chicken in the prepared foods sections at all Whole Foods stores across North America.
Lightlife Foods has had an incredible year. From the release of their breaded chicken tenders, a complete reformulation of products to include healthier ingredients, and the launch of their nationwide television campaign, the plant-based food company is making big waves. This October, Lightlife announced that their new, unbreaded vegan chicken is coming to Whole Foods prepared foods sections nationwide.
How To Prepare The Chicken And Sauce Tsos Vegan Chicken
The step-by-step guide to preparing the General Tsos Vegan Chicken from a popular Chinese takeout restaurant.
This recipe is simple, easy and tastes just as good as the original! It takes less than 40 minutes to prepare and has only ten ingredients.
The Tsos Vegan Chicken can be made ahead of time or even frozen, so its ready for a quick dinner idea. Ingredients include soy sauce, garlic cloves, ginger root, canola oil, sugar and more!
Don’t Miss: Is Salad Good For Ibs
How Does It Taste Tsos Vegan Chicken
General Tsos Vegan Chicken is a recipe that tastes remarkably like the real thing. This vegan dish has been a huge hit with my family and friends, who have all loved it!
Its a great way to introduce your friends or family to plant-based eating without even knowing theyre not eating chicken.
The Tsos sauce tastes just as good as the original made with chicken and gets its flavour from soy sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
Whole Foods Introducing Vegan Grilled Chicken Made By Lightlife
Lightlife is a company on the move. First, it challenged the big two plant-based burger makers to make cleaner meat, taking out ads in major newspapers to point out that its paddies have fewer additives. Then it released an ad campaign narrated by Awkafina to encourage plant-based eating. Now the Canadian parent company Greenleaf Foods, SPC has announced that Lightlife will be the single plant-based chicken provider for Whole Foods Market. Suddenly Lightlife is on the map, at least in America.
Whole Foods will feature Lightlife’s grilled, un-breaded, whole-muscle, vegan chicken in over 500 locations across North America. The new vegan chicken uses pea protein and is designed to be cooked in a diverse selection of recipes. The plant-based chicken will be included in several dishes in Whole Foods prepared foods sections, meaning hot bars, cold salad bars, and grab-and-go meals.
Whole Foods is known for its high-quality, nutritious, and convenient meal options, and we are excited to partner & launch this innovation to satisfy their customers, Chief Research, Development, and Food Technology Officer of Greenleaf Foods, SPC Jitendra Sagili, said. This unique, versatile design is the result of collaboration with Whole Foods Markets culinary team that has a taste, color, and pull-apart texture that delivers on chicken experience.
Recommended Reading: Easy Corn And Tomato Salad
Vegan Chicken Broth Powder
I like to use my homemade powder here. If you don’t want to use this, you can also use a poultry herb seasoning mix.
Is poultry seasoning vegan?
You might be wondering if ready-made poultry seasoning is vegan? Yes it is. It usually consists only of the herbs and spices that are used to flavor the poultry.
But if you are looking for chicken broth, it is not vegan. Because poultry is used there. Therefore, I have put together my own chicken bouillion powder, which consists of wholesome spices.
Serving Suggestions And Recipe Ideas For Leftovers Tsos Vegan Chicken
I live in a household of three, so leftovers are inevitable. But rather than get sick of the same dish day after day, our family likes to switch things up and create new dishes with our leftovers.
Here are some serving suggestions for this General Tsos Vegan Chicken recipe, perfect for leftover lunches or dinners!
Don’t Miss: Wendy’s Taco Salad Nutrition
How To Make Vegan Chicken Salad
This is one of those recipes that seems so easy Im almost embarrassed to write instructions for. But, I do have a few tips.
- First, if youre making my vegan shredded chicken out of jackfruit, youll want to cool it down after cooking. Cool it so its not hot to the touch–I usually just throw mine in a bowl or container and put it in the freezer while I chop up my other ingredients.
- If using a different vegan chicken replacement prepare it first.
- Finely slice your green onions and celery . If youre using red or green grapes, halve or quarter them depending on the size and your preference. Also finely chop your fresh dill and chives, if using. Mix in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix the vegan mayo, mustard, and agave . You can add a little salt if you like, but since I make my own vegan mayo, it was already salted to my preference.
- Fold the vegan mayo mixture into the vegan chicken and veggies/fruit mixture until well combined. Its like stirring, but trying not to mush anything. Add your herbs and sliced almonds or pumpkin seeds / sunflower seeds and mix again.
- Chill for at least 20-30 minutes for the best taste and serve on a sandwich, with greens, or just a spoon/fork. Add freshly cracked black pepper if youd like. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Keto & Health Insights For Whole Foods Market Vegan Chicken Salad
- Net Carbs are 1% of calories per serving, at 3g per serving. This meal falls within the range for standard keto diet guidelines . If your daily net carb quota is 25g and if this food almost equals that much, consider whether you’re going to eat more food later. Always take into account any foods you’ve already consumed. It’s recommended that you track the macros of your daily food consumptionsthis makes it easier to avoid overconsumption.
- This food’s %DV for sodium is 26%. At 600mg, it’s considered high in sodium according to the FDA’s standard for %DV , which considers any food with %DV of more than 20% as high in sodium. The organization recommends 2300mg of sodium as the daily limit. High sodium is believed to be associated with health problems such as heart disease, strokes, high blood pressure, and kidney malfunctions. There’s also a belief that diets with high amounts of salt correlates with obesity, but the link hasn’t proven to be so direct. Instead, salt may trigger overeating by increasing the feeling of hunger, according to studies referenced in this WebMD article about salt & obesity. Add-ons such as sauces and condiments are the usual high-sodium culprits in most restaurant meals. Sodium additives are responsible for most high sodium amounts in packaged foods, especially frozen meals. For most adults, a healthy range for daily maximum sodium consumption is between 1500-2300mg foods should be within 5%-20% DV per serving.
Also Check: Organic Gluten Free Salad Dressing
Whole Foods Mock Chicken Salad Recipe
This recipe for Whole Foods Mock Chicken Salad, by , is from Vernon Family Cookbook, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. We’ll help you start your own personal cookbook! It’s easy and fun.
|2 packages DELIGHT soy nuggets, found in frozen section at Whole Foods2 stalks celery1 green onion bulb plus 2 inches of green stalkdash turmeric5 T Veganaise reduced fat
Chop celery parsley and onions in cuisinart. Remove to bowl. Chop 1 bag of the soy nuggets in cuisinart to shred. Add to chopped veggies. Chop second bag of nuggets into forths or so- bite sized. Add to veggies.Add dash of turmeric, salt and pepper. Moisten with about 1 T Tamari- a little goes a long way. Add about 5 T Veganaise to attain proper consistency.
Other Lightlife Products At Whole Foods
If you want to try some of Lightlifes products at home to see how the brand fits into your lifestyle, Whole Foods carries a variety of the brands other products. You can find organic tempeh and organic tempeh bacon , vegan hot dogs and Italian sausage, and vegan bacon and breakfast sausage patties. All of these products can be found in the refrigerated and freezer sections of the store or on Amazonavailable for delivery in certain locations.
Check out Lightlife Foods website for further updates on the new plant-based chicken and to browse all of their other vegan products!
Don’t Miss: What’s In Chicken Salad
Whole Foods Curry Chicken Salad
Heres a copycat version of the delicious Whole Foods Curry Chicken Salad. This salad can be served right out of the bowl, or on top of lettuce or toast. Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Now you can have this popular Whole Foods chicken salad anytime you want. You only need 15 minutes and 6 ingredients to whip up this crave-worthy dish.
Sausage & Potato Soup 16 Oz
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Offers are specific to store listed above and limited to in-store. Promotions, discounts, and offers available in stores may not be available for online orders. The information provided on this website, including special diets and nutritional information, is for reference purposes and not intended as medical or healthcare information or advice. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should not rely solely on the information presented here and you should always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. The information provided on this website should not be relied upon to make health-related decisions.
Don’t Miss: Peaches And Goat Cheese Salad