Low Calorie Tips For Making Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing:
- Vegetable broth we were able to eliminate almost all of the olive oil from this apple cider vinaigrette dressing recipe, with the help of vegetable broth! You could also use chicken broth or bone broth to boost the protein and nutrition!
- Dijon mustard gives a nice zest in apple cider recipes salad dressing, without adding calories or fat to the recipe!
Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing Recipe
- Apple Cider Vinegar. I use Bragg organic apple cider vinegar with mother.
- Dijon Mustard. I like to use Maille Dijon Originale mustard.
- Lemon Juice. I use fresh squeezed lemon juice not the bottled kind .
- Herbs. We use dried oregano for this dressing, but you can also use a a combo of dried oregano and basil .
- Garlic. Two cloves of garlic is smashed, finely minced and tossed into the mix. Not a fan of garlic? Cut back and use just 1 clove or omit it altogether. You can also whisk in 1/4 1/2 teaspoon if you dont have fresh garlic on hand.
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil. You can also use avocado oil for this dressing.
Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
Tangy and flavorful with frehsness you can taste, this Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing will elevate any salad! It comes together in mere minutes with just 4 ingredients!
For years, my weekly meal prep has included making homemade salad dressing. I realized long ago that my salads deserve more than store bought dressings laden with preservatives and ingredients that I cant pronounce.
Homemade has a freshness that you can taste, and it hardly takes any time to make it from scratch.
I knew it was time to change that because I make this dressing a few times per month at least. If I love it that much, I think its something youll love too.
Don’t Miss: Wawa Kale And Quinoa Salad
Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressings To Spice Up Your Diet
When it comes to healthy eats, homemade apple cider vinegar salad dressing is a must. Its tangy flavor can amp up your salads, making them fun to eat. Gone are the days of eating store-bought salad dressings. Youll spare yourself the extra fat, sodium, and sugar.
The power of apple cider vinegar is no secret. It can lower cholesterol and stop fatty plaques from building up in the arteries. ACV can even help you lose weight by increasing satiety, stopping you from overeating later on.1
There isnt one right way to make apple cider vinegar salad dressing. You can adjust the ingredients to create unique options. Its also possible to skip certain ingredients if you eat a specific diet. Here are five 5 dressing ideas with acv to get you started.
The directions for each recipe is the same. Combine the ingredients, mix well, and serve.
What Type Of Apple Cider Vinegar To Use
Use raw, unpasteurized, apple cider vinegar with the mother in it. The mother in Apple Cider vinegar is the harmless, healthy bacteria in the vinegar that gives raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar all its healthy probiotics- so good for gut health. It lowers insulin levels among many other health benefits. But truthfully, I love this dressing for the flavor, health benefits aside!
Read Also: Where To Buy Marzetti Salad Dressing
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is made from apple cider which has been fermented.
Easy Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Skip the bottled dressings and make your own zesty vinaigrette at home! This EASY Apple Cider Vinaigrette recipe comes together in seconds and is healthy with a flavor packed punch. Made with simple ingredients you already have in your kitchen.
This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love.
Sometimes eating a salad can be a struggle. You really want a burger but you know, deep in your heart, that you should just eat some greens. But salad can be boring unless you have the right salad dressing and the bottled dressings at the store are not always enticing.
The best way to get around all of that is by making your own salad dressing at home. Its super easy to do and this Homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette is no exception. Its super zesty, vibrant and healthy!
I used my favorite Chick-fil-a apple cider vinaigrette as my inspiration for the flavors I wanted in this easy salad dressing. To keep it healthy, I use raw apple cider vinaigrette with the mother to get some of that gut-friendly bacteria thats said to promote healing from within.
Don’t Miss: Good Seasons Salad Dressing Bottle
Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing Recipe
This apple cider vinegar salad dressing is a bright, fresh, and garlicky vinaigrette thats perfect for to dress any salad for a bbq, potluck, or holiday. This is THE best salad dressing with apple cider vinegar and we make it time and time again. You could also use it as an apple cider vinegar marinade. Its vegan, gluten free, and dairy free.
This post may contain affiliate links. As anI may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
If youre looking for a sweet and refreshing apple cider vinegar salad dressing, look no further than this perfectly balanced acv vinaigrette. It has the perfect balance of vinegar, oil, sweetness, and flavor. Its a bright and vibrant golden salad dressing that takes about 5 minutes to make. Skip the bottled vinaigrette, and make your own with a few simple kitchen ingredients. I made this dressing for our bbq over the weekend and it got rave reviews word got around that this dressing was delish, and people were running for the salad. It was a hit!
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
This apple cider vinegar dressing is such a versatile option for a variety of recipes! Heres how I recommend using it:
- Drizzle on top of your favorite bowl recipe. It would be delicious on this greens and grains bowl.
- Dress your salads. Obviously this vinaigrette is delicious on salad! I love it on this brussels sprout chopped salad.
- Use as a marinade. This dressing is my go-to . You have to try it!
Read Also: Ambrosia Salad Recipe With Fruit Cocktail
How To Make Apple Cider Vinaigrette Recipe
This healthy homemade salad dressing recipe comes together in a pinch and it can last in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you dont add garlic to it, it can last up to 2 weeks.
You can also add the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy. Or simply whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
How We Make Our Nightly Salad:
Our salad process goes something like this. Every week, we buy a couple heads of organic green or red leaf lettuce. We like that it has crunch but is still a softer green. We wash it and then spin it dry in our handy dandy salad spinner.
Trust me…if you don’t want to use a zillion paper towels to dry your lettuce, get yourself a salad spinner.
We refrigerate any extra lettuce in the salad spinner bowl itself. When we want salad. we mix some greens in a mixing bowl with a good drizzle of dressing, a pinch of salt and pepper, and whatever other veggies we have on hand, like cucumbers or tomatoes.
Using a big bowl to toss it is key so everything is nice and coated!
We always keep homemade dressing like this apple cider vinegar one in the fridge so there’s no excuse to not have salad at night!
Recommended Reading: How To Make 7 Layer Salad
Why Its Worth Making Your Own Salad Dressing At Home
- One of the best parts about making your own vinaigrette is that you can adjust the flavors to your palette.
- You also have full control over the quality of ingredients used. Including the type of oil and any added sugar or sweeteners.
- The beauty of this simple apple cider vinegar dressing is that it just comes together in a mason jar. No blender needed!
- Shaking the ingredients together in a jar helps bring the dressing together and cuts down on clean up.
Another perk of using a mason jar is that any leftover dressing can be stored in the same jar you made it in reducing dishes even further!
How Do You Make Homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
First, add ingredients to a bowl or large measuring cup.
Next, whisk or blend ingredients together.
Then, chill until ready to use.
Finally, enjoy on your favorite salad
Alternatively, if youve ever opened your refrigerator only to find that the dressing bottle in the door has been expired for six months, this recipe is for you.
I am both of those people, in the event you were curious. Our recipe for apple cider vinaigrette salad dressing is easy, healthy, and only uses four ingredients. Four ingredients that Im betting you have on hand right now!
Lets just pause a moment and grieve for the English language. Do you see how vinaigrette is spelled? What is this foolishness? I will forever be double checking that word as I type. Oof. I just cant even.
Anyhow, spellings aside, this recipe rocks my socks. Once upon a time I made a gorgeous salad and when I looked through the fridge for some dressing, there was none. My husband suggested I eat it plain, so of course I immediately filed for divorce. . I love my husband. Even if he does have misguided notions about salad.
Instead I raided the pantry and put together this quickie dressing. If were being honest, I just hoped it would be palatable. I never expected to fall head over heels cartoon googly eyes for it.
Recommended Reading: How Many Calories In An Egg Salad Sandwich
Make Ahead Salad Dressing With Apple Cider Vinegar
This apple cider vinegar salad dressing is a fantastic and simple recipe to make ahead. Great for a busy weeknight, for entertaining, or just for those nights when you dont feel like cooking. I like to prep a jar of this dressing ahead of time, and keep it in the fridge for a party or just for my salads for the week Having ready cooked meals in the fridge or freezer is a great way to enjoy home cooked meals when you dont have time in the kitchen. Check out all my make ahead meals on The Herbeevore for some insop to help you prep, keep, and eat!
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
Oh man, apple cider vinegar is loaded with nutrients. Ive shared a full post about the benefits of apple cider vinegar but here are the cliff notes:
- Its rich in potassium, a mineral that is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc.
- It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
- Rich in malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- ACV helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
- A few lab studies have found that ACV may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.
I swear by apple cider vinegar and try to incorporate it into my diet daily. I have the best apple cider vinegar drinks, but one really tasty way to enjoy apple cider vinegar is with this salad dressing!
You May Like: All You Can Eat Soup And Salad
How To Store Leftover Vinaigrette
- You can store this apple cider vinaigrette covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days
- The vinaigrette may separate and look clumpy when refrigerated. This is because oil can solidify at cooler temperatures.
- To use, simply remove from the refrigerator, allow to come to room temperature, and shake well to recombine.
Light Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Homemade salad dressings may seem daunting, but they are truly so easy and inexpensive to make! Instead of loading up your refrigerator with all the flavors of store-bought salad dressings, make your own for the freshest and healthiest option. From Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing and Chipotle Lime Southwest Dressing made with Greek yogurt to this Light Apple Cider Vinaigrette, the healthy options are endless!
So many people think because they are eating a salad, that it has to be healthy. The sad fact of the matter is that the dressings you get in the store or at the restaurants are usually loaded with calories and fat. Now, I am not that girl who can just put straight up lemon juice on her salad and call it a day. I need a more complex blend of flavors than that. The balance of vinegar with a little bit of honey is one of the best flavor combinations there is. Thats why it makes for such an easy and delicious salad dressing in this Light Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
Most people know that apple cider has lots of health benefits. That is why some people, like my mother, go as far as taking a shot of the vinegar every day! I cant quite get on that train, but I do love adding vinegar to recipes whenever I can for both the flavor and health benefits. When buying your apple cider vinegar, be sure to get the good stuff that has the mother or you loose all of the health benefits.
Also Check: Where Can I Buy German Potato Salad
How Do You Toast Pecans
Toasting pecans is easy to do. Place the pecans in even layer in a shallow, rimmed pan. Bake the pecans at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring once. You toast pecans and store them in a sealed container or freezer bag in the freezer. Theyll stay fresh up to 3 months. Take them out to use as you need them.
Whats In Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Apple Cider Vinegar, which gives this dressing a little extra tang which is really fantastic! I love using this organic apple cider vinegar with the mother which has a great flavor. I think it gives a nice extra sweetness and depth.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- its really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, its an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Safflower Oil a very light oil which is high oliec, this safflower oil gives this dressing a great texture when blended with the olive oil.
- Pint Sized Mason Jars I like these wide mouth pints to make all my salad dressings in I love adding all ingredients to the jar, sealing the air tight lid, and shaking for about 30 seconds. Its easier than using a bowl.
You May Like: How Do You Make Tuna Macaroni Salad
How To Store Apple Cider Vinaigrette
For best quality, store the vinaigrette in the refrigerator for one to two weeks. If you used dried garlic instead of fresh, it will likely last longer than two weeks.
The vinaigrette may solidify in the fridge. Dont worry if this happens! Simply let it sit at room temperature for 5-15 minutes, then shake vigorously to redistribute the emulsion. If that doesnt work, microwave it for a few seconds until the oil liquifies again.
Apple Cider Vs Apple Cider Vinegar
Despite the name similarities, apple cider and apple cider vinegar are very different beasts, and are not interchangeable in recipes.
Apple cider is the unfiltered juice pressed from fresh apples. You often see it pop up in grocery stores and at farm stands in the autumn. We like to pour it into our crockpot for a batch of Hot Apple Cider.
Apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting apple cider in a two-part process. First the apple cider is fermented into alcohol, and a second fermentation converts it into acetic acid.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Healthy Salad At Home
Make A Tangy And Sweet Apple Cider Dressing For All Kinds Of Salads
Ever wonder how to use that apple cider vinegar? Combine it with a few other ingredients to make this apple cider vinaigrette.
How To Make Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Step 1: Blend vinegar and other ingredients
Step 2: Pour in the oil
Then, reduce blender speed to medium low and pour olive oil in through the top in a slow and steady stream. Increase the speed of the blender as you pour in more oil.
Step 3: Transfer apple cider vinegar salad dressing to a glass jar
Finally, blend until a fully mixed dressing remains. Pour into an airtight container for storage. Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
You May Like: Pottery Barn Thanksgiving Salad Plates