Grilled Chopped Vegetable Salad
A great choice for vegetarians and meat eaters alike, Valeries salad is loaded with a hearty mushrooms and oh-so-delicious grilled veggies. A simple lemon-shallot vinaigrette ties everything together, getting this healthy dinner on the table in just 40 minutes.
Get the Recipe: Grilled Chopped Vegetable Salad
The Best Salad Recipes With Chicken
From baked to grilled and even shredded, theres so many ways to add chicken to your salad. The key here is to nail down how you cook the chicken and how its presented in each bowl. Heres a few favorites:
- Mandarin Chicken Salad: Shredded chicken marinated in a lemon vinaigrette is piled high with sweet mandarins, avocado, and crunchy toppings. The perfect throw-together salad.
- Southwest Chicken Salad: If earthy, bold flavors are your jam, this salad will have you salivating. Cilantro lime chicken is topped on a bed of greens, tomatoes, corn, beans, onions, and drizzled with a creamy avocado dressing.
- Greek Chicken Salad: Think Greek side salad turned into a hearty main dish. Its all the flavors you love, plus savory chicken.
- Cobb Salad: This classic American salad makes the most of simple ingredients like poached chicken, eggs, avocado, and of course, bacon.
Delicious Cobb Salad Recipes
Classic Cobb Salad with Buttermilk Dressing. Crispy chicken, crumbled bacon, creamy avocado, jammy eggs and sharp blue cheese all on a bed of Romaine topped with a pour of homemade buttermilk dressing. Meet the ultimate, official TMP Cobb salad recipe.
Southwest Style Cobb Salad with Smoky Chipotle Dressing. A smoky chipotle mayo and a little time on the grill transform classic cobb salad ingredients into our new favorite summertime dinnera hearty Southwest-style Cobb salad.
Spring Cobb Salad. Organic lettuce, peas, radishes, asparagus and everything else that spring has to offer makes this riff on Cobb salad absolutely light and delicious.
Recommended Reading: Panera Bread Chicken Caesar Salad
Easy Side Salad Recipes
These quick and easy side salads will complement just about any meal. And bonus, most of them only require 10 minutes to make cant beat that!
- Easy Cucumber Salad: This light, cooling salad is as easy as slicing up some cucumbers and red onions, and tossing them with fresh dill, and a lightly sweetened vinaigrette.
- Massaged Kale Salad: Wonder how to get your kale super soft in a salad? Just massage it with olive oil! Then pair it with some lemon juice, salt, and fresh parmesan for the perfect winter side salad.
- Israeli Salad: Inspired by my travels to Israel, this vibrant, fresh salad is always my go-to for a summer side. Its a mound of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and loads of fresh herbs. Just how I like it.
- Lentil Salad with Cucumber: This throw-together salad is a combo of fresh veggies and lentils, with hints of sweet dates. A sweet and savory combo!
Baked Falafel Salad Bowl
This salad for dinner is all about falafel: a baked version, this time! Falafel are a popular Mediterranean chickpea fritter that are typically served in a pita. Here we’ve made a patty version of falafel, which is easier to bake in the oven. The herby patties are then layered in a bowl with crunchy colorful veggies and drizzled with a cilantro yogurt sauce. This one always gets rave reviews!
You May Like: How To Make Salad In A Jar
Chickpea Salad With Carrots And Dill
Gluten free and vegan
Love this recipe! It is great for meal prepping and easily doubles or triples. I make one big container full and it lasts my husband and I all week. I use fresh dill PLUS dill infused olive oil instead of regular olive oil. It is such an inexpensive meal to make and totally beats the store bought salads or fast food for lunches. Thanks again for another fantastic recipe. Marie
+ Easy & Healthy Salad Recipes
These easy and healthy salad recipes make the best of fresh seasonal produce. Theyre filled with bright flavors and a variety of delicious textures. Whether youre looking for a snappy lunch salad or a large dinner party salad, this list has something for everyone.
Also Check: Sugar Free Salad Dressing Walmart
Cucumber Salad With Vinegar
This cucumber salad with vinegar is everything summer! Its perfect for potlucks to patio barbecues to picnics. The thinly sliced cucumbers and onions are salty, tangy, and lightly sweet all at once, and totally addicting. This cucumber salad is vegan, plant-based, and gluten-free, so it works for lots of diets too. Also try: Creamy Cucumber Salad
Vegan Buddha Bowl With Tahini Sauce
This vegan Buddha bowl is a hearty and filling salad for dinner! Its full of roasted and fresh veggies for texture and color contrasts: roasted sweet potatoes and cauliflower, fresh beets and cabbage, and cooked chickpeas. Place them over a bed of greens and black rice, drizzle with lemon tahini sauce, and youve got a super satisfying dinner salad the whole family will enjoy.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Tuna Fish Salad
Of The Best Healthy & Easy Salad Recipes
30 of the BEST HEALTHY & EASY SALAD RECIPES out there! Easy, Fresh, Light, and Quick to throw together Salad Recipes your family will love having on the dinner table! Bring on bikini season!
Truth be told, I do love a good salad. In fact, when we go out for dinner I will normally order a salad. Not because Im trying to be healthy, but just because if it has all the right fixings in it, its gonna be one good salad!
Everyday Salad Dressing Ingredients:
So many of you have made and loved my everyday salad dressing recipe over the past few years that Ive since created a separate recipe post completely devoted to it if you would like to read more. But its basically just a great all-purpose salad dressing that comes together in minutes and goes with just about everything! To make it, you will need the following salad dressing ingredients:
- Olive oil: As always, I recommend using good-quality extra virgin olive oil when it comes to salad dressing recipes, since its flavor will really shine through.
- Lemon juice : We usually use freshly-squeezed lemon juice for this dressing. But if you dont happen to have any fresh lemons on hand, you can sub in red wine vinegar instead.
- Dijon mustard: Which just adds some subtle flavor here and helps to round all of the flavors out.
- Garlic: I prefer to use minced or pressed fresh garlic in this dressing, but you can also sub in garlic powder if you prefer.
- Salt and black pepper: And finally, we will use fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper to season the dressing.
*The recipe included below makes a small amount of salad dressing, which we find works great with the portions listed in the recipes. But some readers prefer to double the amount of dressing, or you can make a considerably larger batch if you would like to have some pre-made salad dressing ready to go in the fridge for later in the week.
You May Like: How To Meal Prep Salad For A Week
Best Kale Salad Recipes
Kale Caesar Salad. Caesar salad isnt something we eat for its health-consciousness or nutrition-density. Unless, of course, were eating this kale Caesar salad recipe, which is Whole30 compliant and full of nutrients.
Kale Salad with Apples and Pumpkin Seed Clusters. A colorful, healthy kale salad recipe thats loaded with crisp apples, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds, then tossed with creamy apple cider vinegar dressing.
Tropical Kale Salad. Piled high with crunchy veggies, sweet mangos, macadamia nuts and tossed with the creamiest coconut curry dressing, this kale salad recipe is a cheery rainbow of a meal.
Shrimp With Grilled Citrus And Leek Relish
Drew Curren, chef-partner of Elm Restaurant Group in Austin, cooks both the shrimp and the relish on a grill at his Texas restaurant. If the weather is mild enough for you to grill, live-fire cooking makes this dish even more delicious, adding a hint of smoky flavor. Roll the citrus between your palm and the cutting board before slicing and juicingit crushes the pulp a little and makes it easier to extract juice. The 16-20 count for shrimp refers to how many shrimp make a pound, which is helpful since the designations medium, large, and extra-large can vary from market to market. A quality, fruity, and grassy olive oil is best here to bring a touch of velvety richness to the dressing.
You May Like: What Salad Dressing Is Best For Diabetics
Fresh Spring And Summer Salad Recipes
This time of year is all about bright, farmers market fresh flavors. From cherry tomatoes to light leafy greens, theres tons of in-season produce to work with. And the best part is that you dont really need to prep a lot of meat for these salads. The veggies and dressings speak for itself.
- Greek Salad: When it comes to simple, healthy salads, it doesnt get better than this classic salad tossed with my all-star greek salad dressing.
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad: Turn that last can of chickpeas sitting in your pantry into this super fresh and flavorful salad! Bonus its loaded with protein and fiber.
- Shrimp, Asparagus, and Avocado Salad: Come asparagus season, toss fresh stalks with shrimp, avocado, spinach, and a lemon vinaigrette for ultimate spring vibes.
- Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh: This veggie packed salad loaded with herbs makes for the perfect side on a Mediterranean spread.
- Taco Salad: This salad honestly works for any season. But once tacos are in full swing for outdoor parties, use some of those leftover ingredients for this hearty taco salad!
To Me A Dynamite Salad Has Multiple Components If It Doesnt Have These I Wont Eat It Im Kinda A Salad Snob In That Way
All that to say. Salads can be a lot more than Rabbit Food. They can be a bomb of flavor going off. And I guarantee if you pick the right ones youll be craving salad from here on out! Which, hey-oooo its almost Swim Suit season so craving salads = muy bueno! On that note, Im just gonna drop 30 of the BEST Easy & Healthy Salad Recipes I could find right here in yo lap err face. I know youre gonna enjoy every last one of these bad boys! And I cant wait to hear which one becomes your new favorite!
Bon Appetit yall and happy Wednesday!
A paleo California Steak Salad filled with grilled onions, arugula, avocado, asparagus, charred Steak and covered in zesty Chimichurri Dressing. Fresh, light, high in protein and freakin delicious! You need this!
A satisfying ZIPPY pear goat cheese kale salad packed with delicious ingredients and a light honey dressing.
You May Like: Market Salad At Chick Fil A
More Side Salad Recipes:
If youre looking for more side salad inspiration, check out the rest of our simple everyday salad recipe collection, which includes simple recipes for Kale Salad, Italian Salad, Mexican Salad, Mediterranean Salad, and Sesame Slaw. Or feel free to check out some of our readers other favorite green salad recipes, including
Celery Salad With Apples
Heres a surprisingly delicious salad recipe that deserves a spot on your plate: celery salad! The name doesnt have quite the ring of say, potato salad. But this unique salad is so refreshing, youll become a convert from the first bite. Crunchy celery pairs perfectly with sweet apple, Parmesan shavings and a tangy vinaigrette. Its bright, its crunchy, its hydrating: it works for summer, and its perfect in the winter too.
You May Like: Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Salad
Thai Salad With Peanut Sauce Dressing
This Thai salad is a fresh and delicious way to eat salad for dinner. Crunchy colorful vegetables and crisp-sauteed tofu are smothered in a creamy peanut sauce dressing. Then it’s all topped with peanuts, cilantro, and lime. If youre not a tofu fan, try substituting shrimp or edamame for the protein. As it stands, this Thai salad is gluten free, vegan, and dairy free, so it works for a variety of diets. Theres a lot going on in this bowl, since the more varied and interesting the flavors and textures of a salad, the more satisfying it is.
Did You Make Any Of These Salad Recipes
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of easy salad recipes at home. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Don’t forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don’t miss any recipes. You can also follow along on and for more recipe updates.
- Total Time:5 minutes
You May Like: Avocado Chicken Salad Wendy’s
Mediterranean Couscous Bowls Recipe
This chickpea bowls recipe is one of our fan favorite salads for dinner Why? In just 25 minutes, you have a fresh bowl of delicious vegetables thats smothered in a tangy lemon tahini sauce. If youre just starting to eat plant based recipes or have been eating them for years, this one is a truly tasty way to eat your veggies.
Farro Salad With Tart Cherries
This delicious farro salad features farro, a healthy whole grain, along with apple, arugula, and tart cherries. Sprinkle a bit of feta cheese for a savory saltiness, and then cover the entire salad in a tart cherry vinaigrette. With the red and the green, its visually stunning, and it tastes incredible: tangy, tart, sweet, and savory all at once. Though it features lots of fresh ingredients: apples, arugula and cherries, its one of those salad recipes that can be eaten year round since many of these ingredients are available throughout the year.
Read Also: How To Make Kale Salad
Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
Easy, fresh, and healthy salad recipes that can be on your dinner table in no time!
With a birthday that just passed and my slowing metabolism, Im finding that I cant burn off a cheeseburger as quickly as I did 10 years ago. But thankfully enough, these hearty salads come in super handy at times like these. Best of all, theyre all so quick and easy to whip up!
1. BBQ Chicken Salad This healthy, flavorful salad comes together so quickly, and it is guaranteed to be a hit with your entire family.
2. Harvest Cobb Salad The perfect fall salad with the creamiest poppyseed salad dressing. So good, youll want to make this all year long.
3. Bacon and Avocado Macaroni Salad Loaded with fresh avocado and applewood smoked bacon tossed in a lemon-thyme dressing.
4. Whole Foods California Quinoa Salad A healthy, nutritious copycat recipe that tastes 1000x better than the store-bought version.
5. Asian-Style Cobb Salad This salad serves as the perfect light meal, full of protein and veggies with a simple sesame vinaigrette.
6. Greek Salad This healthy Greek salad is absolutely amazing when tossed in a light and refreshing lemon vinaigrette.
7. Quinoa Fruit Salad This protein-packed quinoa salad is balanced with a tart vinaigrette and refreshing mint.
8. Taco Salad All the flavors of a taco in a healthy salad with a refreshing, tangy lime vinaigrette.
10. Kale Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Perfect as a light lunch or even a meatless Monday dinner option.
Chickpea Fattoush Salad Bowl
Fattoush is a Lebanese salad thats a mix of herbs, cucumber, tomatoes, and crispy pita pieces. Its brightened with the flavor of ground sumac, a traditional Lebanese spice. Here the concept is made into a salad for dinner, adding spiced chickpeas to make it more filling. It’s drizzled with a vinaigrette spiced with cinnamon and allspice, and garnished with mint.
These turmeric yellow rice bowls are healthy and delicious, filled with bright yellow rice and colorful veggies like carrots, brocolli, chickpeas, and kale. To top it off, drizzle over our fan favorite creamy and tangy lemon tahini sauce.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Buy A Salad
Colorful Beet Salad With Carrot Quinoa & Spinach
Gluten free and easily vegan
Im a guy who doesnt really cook. But my sister-in-law made this and it blew my mind. Best salad Ive ever had. I plan to make it a staple in my weekly diet. Like every day. I can eat the same thing daily if I like it enough. This one is there with so much health in such a tight package of amazingness. Jason
Top Tips For The Healthiest Salad
Building a great salad isnt rocket science, but there are some key qualities that make a healthy salad amazing just check out our perfect formula! Here are the cliff notes version so with any different salad ingredient combination you will know how to make a healthy salad recipe:
- Flavor of ingredients: must blend well together i.e. roasted red peppers, pepperoncini, olives and feta are perfect for an Italian or Greek salad
- Freshness of ingredients: crisp veggies, sweet fruit, fresh herbs/greens the fresher your ingredients the more tasty the salad!
- Appealing to the eye:we eat with our eyes first I am not sure who said that but its true the more colors the better.
- Different textures: creamy cheese with crunchy nuts, soft berries with crisp veggies, flaky salmon with buttery salad greens you get the picture, textures creates taste explosion!
- Homemade salad dressing: trust me it just makes your salad greens taste better, the ingredients are fresh and there are not any preservatives, enough said!
Don’t Miss: Lemon Olive Oil Salad Dressing