What To Serve With Chicken Salad
To me, theres nothing better than a sandwich and cup of soup for lunch! This grilled bacon ranch chicken salad would taste great with a cup of potato leek soup, or broccoli soup with cheddar and asiago. Or have it with a strawberry spinach salad for a healthy side!
It also works amazingly well in a pasta salad. Cook up your favorite pasta and mix in bacon ranch chicken salad, to make this into a simple but special weeknight meal out on the deck!
Slice up some summer melons to serve as an attractive and easy side dish or serve with a side of crunchy chips or french fries.
How To Make The Best Chicken Salad
Lets get started!
Place the diced chicken, celery, green onions and grapes in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine all remaining ingredients to make the sauce and stir to combine.
Scoop the mayo sauce over the chicken salad and stir to combine, making sure the chicken salad is thoroughly coated with the sauce.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
How To Cook Chicken For Chicken Salad
I love the convenience and flavor of a rotisserie chicken here , but you can definitely cook the chicken yourself .
- To slow cook chicken breasts simply place 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 large bone-in skin on chicken breasts in a slow cooker, season with salt and pepper, cook on low 3 5 hours until cooked through .
- Poach chicken in simmering chicken broth until cooked to 165 in center.
- To bake chicken see this method. You wont need to use all the seasoning just salt and pepper.
- You could even pan sear the chicken. Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts even then season with salt and pepper. Sear in 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until 165 in the center, about 5 6 minutes per side.
Read Also: Wendy’s Pecan Apple Salad
Crunchy Middle Eastern Chicken Salad
The Spruce Eats / Anita Schecter
Give your chicken salad a Middle Eastern spin with this impressive recipe. Greek yogurt tahini serves as the dressing, and it’s easy to make with just a few ingredients. That’s mixed with shredded chicken, carrots, almonds, cilantro, and za’atar seasoning, which you can whip up, too. Try this salad on naan bread with baby spinach.
Picnic Potato And Chicken Salad Cups
Summer is the time for picnics and salads. That is, potato and chicken salads! Get the best of both worlds with these Picnic Potato and Chicken Salad Cups. Full of fresh herbs like parsley and sage, you get the starchiness of potatoes and the succulence of roasted chicken. Throw in crispy bacon and plenty of crisp veggies and youve got yourself the best potato-chicken salad your picnic has ever seen.
Don’t Miss: Oil Free Vegan Salad Dressing
How Do You Make Chicken Salad
This salad recipe is so easy to make! It consists of prepping the ingredients and mixing together the dressing.
What To Serve With Chicken Salad Sandwich
There are a few ways to present this amazing chicken salad. Spread it on a flakey croissant, , serve with ritz crackers and a vegetable tray, or serve in lettuce cups for a low carb option. Salty potato chips, in my opinion, are a must, but there are other options that will still make a satisfying meal, whether its lunch or dinner. Serve with a wonderful cup of soup, some fruit, and vegetables with this incredible dip and youve got it made!
Dressings, Sauces, and Dips
Recommended Reading: Chicken Florentine Soup Chicken Salad Chick
Tips And Variations For The Best Chicken Salad
Crunchy, savory, sweet, and a bit creamy chicken salad is the perfect dish.
- Chicken: Use any type of chicken you have on hand. You can use rotisserie, leftover BBQ, roasted, or even broiled chicken. Whatever you use, chop it up or shred it so it is easy to spread, spoon, and eat.
- Grapes: You can use red or green grapes or a combination of both. Green grapes can be a bit tart sometimes and the red grapes add color.
- Nuts: Pecans are a classic but you can substitute them for walnuts, almonds, or cashews. Roast them for a bit of extra flavor.
- Mayonnaise: If you are not a fan of mayo, you can use sour cream or non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Different Fruit: Try chopped apples or dried cranberries.
News Result For Rachel Cooks With Love Recipes Chicken Salad
Love to cook? This Twin Cities photographer will turn your recipes into a cookbookYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
“A Love Letter to Vospov Kofte: How My Mother and I Quashed Our Beef and Swapped it With Lentils.”Your browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
From a nostalgic summer staple to a double-carb Italian delight, Rachel Allen’s new potato recipes are spud heavenYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Roast Duck WrapsYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
How to Make Deviled Egg Salad Bites| Rachael RayYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
15 Quinoa Salad Recipes That Are Filliing, Nutritious and Anything but BoringYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Kilolo Strobert Loves That Breakfast Offers Unlimited PossibilitiesYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
The best sandwiches in Los AngelesYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
6 Pro Chefs Make Their Go-To BurgerYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
We’ll have what the celebrities are havingYour browser indicates if you’ve visited this link
Arizona Daily Sun
Don’t Miss: 8 Oz Salad Dressing Bottles
Pineapple Chicken Salad With Grapes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Salad with Grapes is the perfect simple meal and a great twist on a classic Chicken Salad. Its flavorful with lots of texture and color.This easy salad can be made with leftover Oven Baked Chicken Breasts or rotisserie chicken!
Serve this as an easy weeknight meal with a tossed salad or make it ahead of time to enjoy for lunch throughout the week.
In partnership with Nestea
How To Serve Loaded Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is great because it can be eaten in so many ways! From plain jane, to dressed up, there is an option for everyone! Best part, since the chicken salad recipe is naturally low carb and gluten free, it can be customized to meet dietary needs like low carb, keto, and gluten free with almost no extra effort!
Read Also: If I Just Eat Salad Will I Lose Weight
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last
In the Refrigerator? This recipe keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply store in an airtight container. Refrigerate right after serving.
Left Out at Room Temperature? For food safety, I like to stick to what the FDA advisesthe two-hour rule.which applies since this recipe has chicken and mayonnaise, you should not leave this out at room temperature for any longer than two hours.
Left Out at Picnic or Potluck? If you are serving this at a summer event and the temperature is warmer, you should be extra careful to refrigerate as soon as possible. Again, I look to the FDA for their safety rule. If the outside temperature is above 90 degrees, the two-hour rule becomes ONE hour.
Delicious Chicken Salad Recipe:
Chicken Salad is always a hit during the summertime BBQ, sitting by the pool or at a picnic. With very minimal ingredients you can transfer form cooked chicken in a filling salad.
Thankfully, we have done all the work for you and have the best chicken salad recipe. It has the perfect combinations of everything for an amazing chicken salad!
Our entire family loves this and it is so easy to make.
You May Like: Wendy’s Chicken Caesar Salad
What Kind Of Chicken Should I Use To Make Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is typically made using leftover chicken, canned chicken, or shredded rotisserie chicken. You can use either dark meat, white meat, or a combination. If you dont have any pre-cooked chicken on hand, you can also cook chicken just for making chicken salad. Simply boil 2 chicken breasts in either water or chicken broth for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain and shred chicken with a fork.
Ingredients For Chicken Salad
The 5 ingredients in this chicken salad are so simple, but each one is important for the best taste, texture, and color.
- Chicken we use 2 large chicken breasts from a whole roasted chicken, but you can use rotisserie chicken or sauteed chicken breasts instead. Leftover dark meat chicken will also work.
- Celery adds a great crunch to the salad and lightens up the flavor. Even if you arent a fan of celery, dont skimp on it and I hope you give it a try.
- Grapes add sweet juiciness to the salad. Just like in our Broccoli Grape Salad, the grapes are a refreshing addition and make the salad feel fancy.
- Pecans we toasted nuts on a dry skillet to give them even more flavor.
- Red onion finely chop half of a medium red onion, or you can add red onion to taste. You can also substitute for chopped green onion, but red onion keeps better refrigerated.
Also Check: Is Olive Garden Salad Dressing Gluten Free
Other Great Picnic Recipes
If you are looking for other great recipes to bring to a picnic, consider some of these options:
- My Corn Salad is always a hit!
- Everyone will love this Healthy Potato Salad. The dressing is amazing.
- My Strawberry Spinach Salad would go perfectly with this.
If you make this chicken salad recipe or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
What To Serve Chicken Salad On
My favorite way to eat this is on a nice soft buttery croissant. But it is delicious on any bread or bun for an amazing chicken salad sandwich. It would also be great in a wrap.
If you want to make this a lower carb recipe, you could eat this in endive or Bib Lettuce cups like in my Chicken Lettuce Wraps. This is also great just eaten with a fork or on a bed of salad greens.
Read Also: How To Make Chipotle Salad Dressing
What Makes This Salad Such A Knockout
Now you might be a little skeptical about combining sweet grapes with savory chicken and mayonnaise, but believe me it is a marriage made in heaven. I used nice crunchy chopped walnuts and tons of dry dill to make this filling scrumptious and to add lots of texture and dimension to this dish. I cant wait for you all to try this stellar sandwich, itll be your new favorite!
An Easy Sandwich With Fruit & Nuts
- Chicken: Like a classic chicken salad recipe, you can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken or Crockpot Shredded Chicken for this recipe.
- Pineapple/Grapes: Fruit adds a bit of sweetness and a juicy tang to this recipe. Like in a Waldorf Salad, fruit lightens up a mayonnaise-based dressing.
- Nuts: Pecans add a bit of crunch . They can be replaced with walnuts or almonds if you prefer.
- Dressing: A mayonnaise-based dressing is flavored with a hint of curry powder. The addition of curry is amazing in a chicken salad with grapes!
- Other Delicious Additions: chopped red or green onions, sliced and quartered zucchini, shredded carrots, sliced water chestnuts, sesame seeds
You May Like: Best Tasting Keto Salad Dressing
How Long Will This Chicken Salad Keep
You can make this salad a day or two ahead of time if you wait to add the lettuce until right before serving. The salad will keep for several days in the fridge, but the lettuce will lose its crunch and get all wilty, so you may want to leave the lettuce out if you expect to have leftovers.
Do you have a favorite chicken salad recipe? Please let us know about it in the comments.
Tips For Perfect Chicken Salad:
- Be sure to let chicken chill first before adding to the dressing otherwise it will warm the dressing and it just wont be the same.
- Add in a fruit if desired. Its good with diced grapes or apples . Sweeten the dressing with a hint of honey to pair with it.
- Add in a nuts for more crunch. Pecans, walnuts or sliced almonds are good choices.
- Use fresh herbs for added flavor. I like to use parsley but this is also delicious with 2 tsp chopped fresh dill.
- For the creamiest chicken salad use full fat mayonnaise.
- If using a rotisserie chicken buy a large chicken or 2 small to have enough chicken breast meat.
Recommended Reading: Pasta Salad Recipes With Mayo
Tips For This Recipe:
- Either chill the chicken before you make the salad or chill the chicken salad mixture before serving.
- Try adding different mix-ins to your chicken salad: different kinds of nuts, grapes, apples, dried cranberries, dried cherries, avocado, chopped green onion or red onion.
- Cook your chicken ahead of time so that you can make this recipe quickly. Try my Instant Pot Shredded Chicken or Crockpot Shredded Chicken. Cooked chicken will stay fresh for up to 4 days in the refrigerator, so go by the date when your chicken was cooked to figure out how long you can store your chicken salad in the fridge.
- For a low carb lunch, serve chicken salad in lettuce wraps or on top of a spinach salad.
Ingredients In Chicken Salad
- Use leftovers from last nights dinner or leftover rotisserie chicken or grilled chicken.
- To Make Chicken for chicken salad I like to use either poached chicken or baked chicken breasts or thighs.
- You can use canned chicken in a pinch but of course fresh is best when possible.
- Ensure the chicken is cooled and shred or chop the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- As this is a classic chicken salad recipe, Ive kept the additions to a minimum. Celery for crunch, green onions for flavor.
- This recipe can be made with a variety of nuts, veggies, and fruit for added flavor and texture.
- Chicken salad with grapes, avocado or dried cranberries is a favorite. Pecans or almonds pair well with this recipe.
- Mayonnaise is the base of this recipe and its simply seasoned.
- You can get creative and substitute some of the mayo for ranch dressing or your favorite salad dressing recipe.
- Create an Avocado Chicken Salad by replacing some of the mayonnaise with mashed avocado.
Read Also: Healthy Salad Recipes For Lunch
Ingredients In Chicken Ranch Salad
This recipe still has all the basics found in a classic chicken salad and adds a fun twist of bacon and ranch dressing!
- Chicken: Use grilled chicken for that unmistakable outdoor flavor, or use leftover chicken from last nights roast chicken dinner, and get two meals for the price of one!
- Herbs & Spices: Parsley, dill, and seasoned salt. Make your own homemade seasoned salt, or use Mrs. Dash or another favorite.
- Mix-Ins: Bacon, green onions and celery. Celery is optional but adds a delicious crunch!
- Dressing: Ranch dressing, mayo, and a bit of mustard make the creamy and zesty base.
How Long Will It Last
As long as it is kept covered, pineapple chicken salad with grapes will last about a week in the fridge. It might need to be drained a little bit as the grapes will start to lose their plumpness. But all you have to do is refresh the flavors by adding some fresh, toasted pecans and some salt and pepper.
Also Check: Olive Garden Salad And Breadsticks To Go
Fancy Chicken Salad Recipe
We call this Fancy Chicken Salad because of the dressing, grapes, and pecans, but its truly easy. This is a fresher and lightened-up version of classic chicken salad and its perfect for meal prep.
This is the perfect side dish or main course. Its especially easy if you use leftover Roasted Chicken. Watch the video tutorial and see how simple it is.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
We love protein-packed salads like our Chicken Avocado Salad, Autumn Chopped Chicken Salad, and Cobb Salad. This creamy chicken salad is really the best combination of chicken salad and Waldorf salad that will become a go-to for lunch.
Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
One of the most classic salad recipes and truly delicious, this easy chicken salad recipe is creamy, sweet, and perfect on its own or sandwiched between two slices of bread or nestled into a buttery croissant. This delicious recipe can also be enjoyed as a wrap, in a pita pocket, or in lettuce cups.
Also Check: Bumble Bee Tuna Salad With Crackers
The Best Chicken Salad
This Chicken Salad is truly divine. At first glance you might balk at the grapes, but trust me, they make the salad exquisite. The sweet crunch of the grapes combines beautifully with the chicken and richness of the mayo. The celery and pecans create nice crunch to the chicken salad that elevates it to the next level.
I love using this for picnics and special lunches. It is so easy to make but it is so fancy at the same time. Chicken Salad comes together in a flash so you can have this on the table in no time. And you will love how it is so versatile as well, serve it as a wrap, on a croissant, on some rye bread, or in a lettuce bowl. However you serve it, just make it! You are going to love it, it is so divine!