Change It Up: Go Latin
If you want to change the vibe of this citrus salad to work with Mexican or Latin-style flavors like as a side for enchiladas or tacos, heres what to do:
- Use chopped cilantro instead of mint.
- Use 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion instead of shallot.
- Use lime juice instead of white wine vinegar.
Classic Green Salad Recipes
Simple Butter Lettuce Salad . Composed of tender butter lettuce leaves, briny green olives and salty slivers of aged manchego, our butter lettuce salad is a feast for the eyes and the palate.
Mediterranean Wedge Salad. Iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and pickled onions make this Mediterranean-inspired riff on a classic wedge salad recipe fresh and delicious.
Butter Lettuce Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette. In this simple butter lettuce salad, vibrant lettuce leaves live their best lives, dressed in a tangy homemade vinaigrette and accompanied by creamy avocado and crisp radishes.
Simple Italian Salad. If youre just discovering this classic Italian salad recipe for the first time, congratulations! Meet the perfect side salad to accompany all your Italian pasta, chicken or fish dinners!
Quick And Easy Salad Recipes
- Liz DellaCroce
- May 22, 2021
Perfect for cookouts or that daily salad you bring to work, here are 20 quick and easy delicious salad recipes for you to try!
You May Like: Best Things To Put In A Salad To Lose Weight
Our 6 Best Salad Recipes For Dinner
Easy Niçoise Salad. Our healthy, easy Niçoise salad recipe is just begging to be paired with long, lazy summer evenings and plenty of chilled rosé.
Grilled Steak Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing. Seared skirt steak, grilled romaine, and onions meet bright cherry tomatoes, avocado, and creamy homemade blue cheese dressing for a grilled steak salad recipe that really hits the spot.
Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Salad. A hearty mountain of roasted sweet potatoes, avocado, black beans and raw kale are tossed in a creamy lime-cashew-cilantro dressing in this brightly flavorful, vegan sweet potato salad recipe.
Baked Salmon with Grapefruit Salad. Avocado, grapefruit and a sweet-tart honey mustard salad dressing makes a colorful bed for fresh baked salmon.
Curried Cauliflower Quinoa Salad. This curried cauliflower quinoa salad recipe is made even heartier and more protein-packed thanks to the addition of a creamy tahini dressing. It’s the perfect vegetarian salad recipe!
How To Julienne Carrots: 3 Ways
The only hard part of this carrot salad, if there is one, is how to julienne the carrots. You can grate the carrots if youd like, but we love the look of a good julienne. is cutting a vegetable into long thin matchsticks. The slices have squared off edges. You can julienne carrots with a knife if youd like. But for this salad, there are a few faster ways:
Recommended Reading: Outback Unlimited Soup And Salad
The Best Salad Recipes With Chicken
From baked to grilled and even shredded, theres so many ways to add chicken to your salad. The key here is to nail down how you cook the chicken and how its presented in each bowl. Heres a few favorites:
- Mandarin Chicken Salad: Shredded chicken marinated in a lemon vinaigrette is piled high with sweet mandarins, avocado, and crunchy toppings. The perfect throw-together salad.
- Southwest Chicken Salad: If earthy, bold flavors are your jam, this salad will have you salivating. Cilantro lime chicken is topped on a bed of greens, tomatoes, corn, beans, onions, and drizzled with a creamy avocado dressing.
- Greek Chicken Salad: Think Greek side salad turned into a hearty main dish. Its all the flavors you love, plus savory chicken.
- Cobb Salad: This classic American salad makes the most of simple ingredients like poached chicken, eggs, avocado, and of course, bacon.
Everyones Favorite Salad Recipes
Lets start with some of my top salad recipes that everyone always comes back to. Theyre crazy good, perfect for any occasion , and are so darn easy to make.
- Broccoli Salad: No joke, this is everyones go-to salad, no matter what time of year it is. Its perfect as a Thanksgiving side dish or summer barbecue salad. Plus, it holds up well in the fridge as the perfect meal prep salad.
- Salmon Avocado Salad: Topping a salad with warm, pan seared salmon really takes it up a notch. And you cant beat those creamy avocado slices.
- Chicken Salad: When the warm weather hits, this chicken salad is a must. Its deliciously creamy, crunchy, fresh, and will convince you to never buy store-bought chicken salad again.
- Caprese Salad: Ill gladly eat layers of fresh tomato, mozzarella, and basil on repeat. Just drizzle a little balsamic glaze for a summer classic that never fails to please.
- Tuna Salad: If you love my chicken salad, this tuna version is a no brainer. And all you really need is canned tuna, mayo, dijon mustard, and some fresh greens and herbs.
You May Like: How To Make 7 Layer Salad
Farro Salad With Tart Cherries
This delicious farro salad features farro, a healthy whole grain, along with apple, arugula, and tart cherries. Sprinkle a bit of feta cheese for a savory saltiness, and then cover the entire salad in a tart cherry vinaigrette. With the red and the green, its visually stunning, and it tastes incredible: tangy, tart, sweet, and savory all at once. Though it features lots of fresh ingredients: apples, arugula and cherries, its one of those salad recipes that can be eaten year round since many of these ingredients are available throughout the year.
Arugula Egg And Charred Asparagus Salad
Just a hint of char on the asparagus adds fantastic complexity to this simple 5-ingredient spring salad. Look for medium stalks rather than pencil-thin onesthose would char and dry out too quickly. A soft-boiled egg adds protein and richness let the slightly runny yolks mingle with the rest of the salad before enjoying. Whole-milk Greek yogurt has a lusciousness and milder tang than lower-fat yogurt. It’s the perfect binder for the lemony dressing. Serve with a slice of multigrain bread spread with goat cheese and a dash of cracked black pepper.
Also Check: Making A Good Salad At Home
Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
Easy, fresh, and healthy salad recipes that can be on your dinner table in no time!
With a birthday that just passed and my slowing metabolism, Im finding that I cant burn off a cheeseburger as quickly as I did 10 years ago. But thankfully enough, these hearty salads come in super handy at times like these. Best of all, theyre all so quick and easy to whip up!
1. BBQ Chicken Salad This healthy, flavorful salad comes together so quickly, and it is guaranteed to be a hit with your entire family.
2. Harvest Cobb Salad The perfect fall salad with the creamiest poppyseed salad dressing. So good, youll want to make this all year long.
3. Bacon and Avocado Macaroni Salad Loaded with fresh avocado and applewood smoked bacon tossed in a lemon-thyme dressing.
4. Whole Foods California Quinoa Salad A healthy, nutritious copycat recipe that tastes 1000x better than the store-bought version.
5. Asian-Style Cobb Salad This salad serves as the perfect light meal, full of protein and veggies with a simple sesame vinaigrette.
6. Greek Salad This healthy Greek salad is absolutely amazing when tossed in a light and refreshing lemon vinaigrette.
7. Quinoa Fruit Salad This protein-packed quinoa salad is balanced with a tart vinaigrette and refreshing mint.
8. Taco Salad All the flavors of a taco in a healthy salad with a refreshing, tangy lime vinaigrette.
10. Kale Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Perfect as a light lunch or even a meatless Monday dinner option.
How To Build Exciting Unboring Salads
The term salad doesnt just mean some lettuce drizzled with a dressing or vinaigrette. Instead, think of it as a meal that has multiple layers of flavor , texture , and color . Honestly, a salad is the most wonderful blank canvas to let your creativity run wild. So have fun with it. Heres a few ideas to get you started.
- Build layers of flavor. Start with a vegetable base, mix in seasonal ingredients, add filling protein, toss in some healthy fats, and drizzle a tasty dressing or sauce.
- Get creative with textures. Aim for a variety of textures with every bite it makes the salad more interesting! For example, start with a soft spinach base, then toss it with crisp bell pepper, juicy tomatoes, and crunchy nuts and seeds.
- Make your salad colorful. While green may form the base of your salad, remember that nutrient variety comes from color variety. So try to make your salad as vibrant as can be.The more color the better!
Read Also: I Need A Recipe For Macaroni Salad
Why These Healthy Salad Recipes
Im fully aware that you can find many other healthy salad recipes on the web with a touch of a finger. But mine are the best! Pinky promise! In this list you will find healthy spinach salad recipes, kale salads, bean salads and more.
- Easy recipes In many of these salads, even a healthy salad dressing recipe is dumped into the same bowl. I do not love extra steps. We never did in Ukraine and look, I turned out just fine.
- Simple ingredients We are talking about superstore grocery basic avocado, greens, tomato, pasta and quinoa ingredients. However, I encourage you to buy local, seasonal and pesticide free whenever possible.
- Meal worthy and nourishing Most salad ideas are good as a healthy meal or will make you a potluck super star. Full of vitamins and nutrients rather than loaded with saturated fat, sugar and sodium, these salads are perfect for lunch and dinner.
- Tasty I have compiled a collection of salads I would truly enjoy eating like a strawberry cheesecake. What is the prettiest salad worth if it tastes like kale?!
Enjoy these interesting healthy salads recipes for dinner or lunch!
Gourmet Salad Recipes To Wow Your Dinner Party Guests
No dinner party is complete without a refreshing, gorgeous salad. Salads are an essential part of every dinner party menu, whether they serve as the introductory first course or as a healthy and refreshing side dish. However, salads are often thrown together last minute without much consideration. While it is possible to create salads quickly, the highest-quality recipes require thought and preparation. Taking the time to prepare a superb salad is well worth the time investment. An elegant, gourmet salad is a beautiful thing. They are filled with bright greens, colorful vegetables, ripe fruits or even flowers, and they create a kind of edible art that will amaze and delight your guests. If you want to truly wow your dinner party guests, try preparing one of these elegant salads that will thrill the taste buds and make a stunning statement as the main entree or a lovely side dish.
You May Like: Oxo Little Salad Dressing Shaker
Easy Healthy Salad Recipes
At first thought, the idea of eating a salad for lunch or dinner may seem unappealing, considering salads have a bad reputation for being boring. But there are countless healthy salad recipes that are so delicious, you’ll instantly forget you’re having a plate full of leafy greens. The key is knowing how to make an easy, healthy salad that is full of flavor but not empty calories.
“For salads you want to think about color, adding in a variety of veggies so that you get in that wide range of vitamins think of the rainbow,” Brigitte Zeitlin, registered dietitian and owner of BZ Nutrition, tells Woman’s Day. “Then, you want to add in a protein, like chicken, salmon, tuna, shrimp, tofu, edamame, chickpeas, or beans.” Finally, she suggests topping it off with two tablespoons of two different healthy fats, like avocado, nuts, cheese, or dressing.
Everyday Salad Dressing Ingredients:
So many of you have made and loved my everyday salad dressing recipe over the past few years that Ive since created a separate recipe post completely devoted to it if you would like to read more. But its basically just a great all-purpose salad dressing that comes together in minutes and goes with just about everything! To make it, you will need the following salad dressing ingredients:
- Olive oil: As always, I recommend using good-quality extra virgin olive oil when it comes to salad dressing recipes, since its flavor will really shine through.
- Lemon juice : We usually use freshly-squeezed lemon juice for this dressing. But if you dont happen to have any fresh lemons on hand, you can sub in red wine vinegar instead.
- Dijon mustard: Which just adds some subtle flavor here and helps to round all of the flavors out.
- Garlic: I prefer to use minced or pressed fresh garlic in this dressing, but you can also sub in garlic powder if you prefer.
- Salt and black pepper: And finally, we will use fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper to season the dressing.
*The recipe included below makes a small amount of salad dressing, which we find works great with the portions listed in the recipes. But some readers prefer to double the amount of dressing, or you can make a considerably larger batch if you would like to have some pre-made salad dressing ready to go in the fridge for later in the week.
Also Check: Is Olive Garden Salad Dressing Gluten Free
More Side Salad Recipes:
If youre looking for more side salad inspiration, check out the rest of our simple everyday salad recipe collection, which includes simple recipes for Kale Salad, Italian Salad, Mexican Salad, Mediterranean Salad, and Sesame Slaw. Or feel free to check out some of our readers other favorite green salad recipes, including
Delicious Cobb Salad Recipes
Classic Cobb Salad with Buttermilk Dressing. Crispy chicken, crumbled bacon, creamy avocado, jammy eggs and sharp blue cheese all on a bed of Romaine topped with a pour of homemade buttermilk dressing. Meet the ultimate, official TMP Cobb salad recipe.
Southwest Style Cobb Salad with Smoky Chipotle Dressing. A smoky chipotle mayo and a little time on the grill transform classic cobb salad ingredients into our new favorite summertime dinnera hearty Southwest-style Cobb salad.
Spring Cobb Salad. Organic lettuce, peas, radishes, asparagus and everything else that spring has to offer makes this riff on Cobb salad absolutely light and delicious.
Also Check: Where Can I Get A Big Salad
Serving Recommendations For Healthy Salad Recipes
While some salads are main dish dinner worthy, other salads are perfect as a side salad. Even when a salad is a meal you may want an appetizer to tide hungry appetites over until everything is ready.
- Casseroles: A salad really adds a spot of fresh green to the table when served with cabbage roll casserole, ground turkey quinoa casserole and zucchini casserole.
- Meatless Meals: Enjoy a hearty veggie filled meal when you pair salad with zucchini potato bake, spaghetti, or chili mac.
A salad really can be enjoyed at every meal. Have a salad for lunch, followed by a healthy snack in the afternoon. Browse additional cleaning eating dinner ideas, top healthy sides or lunch recipes to come up with your own healthy meal combination!
: Sa: Fn: Baconbistrov2
Bistro Bacon Salad
37. Watermelon-Feta Salad: Whisk 1 part white wine vinegar with 3 parts olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss with baby arugula, red onion slices, watermelon cubes, crumbled feta, niçoise olives and fresh oregano. 38. Creamy-Crunchy Slaw: Mix mayo with cider vinegar and caraway seeds. Toss with shredded cabbage, scallion and green apple slices, crumbled cooked bacon, salt and pepper.
39. Bistro Bacon Salad: Chop and fry bacon combine the drippings with cider vinegar, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss with mesclun greens top with the bacon and a poached egg. 40. Black-Eyed Pea Salad: Whisk lime juice with minced garlic, ground cumin, salt, cilantro and a big splash of olive oil. Toss with black-eyed peas, minced jalapeño, and diced tomato, red onion and avocado.
41. Greek Rice Salad: Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, salt and allspice. Toss with chopped cucumber and tomato, scallions, parsley, dill, mint and lemon zest. Stir in cooked rice and a dash of hot sauce top with feta.
42. Mimosa Salad: Toss butter lettuce with an herb vinaigrette . Press a peeled hard boiled egg through a fine strainer to make an egg “mimosa ” spoon over salad.
Also Check: Bumble Bee Chicken Salad Recipe
What To Serve With This Citrus Salad
This citrus salad is so simple and refreshing, its up there in our list of favorite salad recipes. Its a vegan salad that goes well with plant-based meals, and a great winter salad for when citrus abounds. The vibe goes with almost anything you could imagine ! Its got a bit of a Mediterranean-style or Italian vibe, so it pairs nicely with meals in that style. Its a lovely side for lasagna or salmon. Here are some of our favorite ideas for pairing:
- Favorite Vegan Lasagna or Spicy Kale Lasagna This salad is perfect side to offset the richness of lasagna.