Did You Make Any Of These Salad Recipes
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of easy salad recipes at home. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Don’t forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don’t miss any recipes. You can also follow along on and for more recipe updates.
- Total Time:5 minutes
Layered Blue Cheese Bacon And Iceberg Salad
What’s better than a classic wedge? One that’s stacked with all the usual suspects, plus some new friends. Carrots add just the right amount of color and root-veggie crunchiness. You can toss the salad with ranch or French dressing if you don’t have blue cheese on hand.
Get the Recipe: Layered Blue Cheese, Bacon and Iceberg Salad
How To Make The Best Pasta Salad
This pasta salad recipe is easy to make. Made with simple ingredients, this salad is flexible, so you can make this when you are inundated by summer produce or adapt to what is in season. Plus, you are looking at under 20 minutes from start to finish. Not too bad, especially when you can keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days! This recipe uses a vinaigrette based dressing. If you wanted a creamy salad, take a look at our creamy pasta salad recipe.
Read Also: Easy Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe
Cucumber Salad With Vinegar
This cucumber salad with vinegar is everything summer! Its perfect for potlucks to patio barbecues to picnics. The thinly sliced cucumbers and onions are salty, tangy, and lightly sweet all at once, and totally addicting. This cucumber salad is vegan, plant-based, and gluten-free, so it works for lots of diets too. Also try: Creamy Cucumber Salad
Serving Recommendations For Healthy Salad Recipes
While some salads are main dish dinner worthy, other salads are perfect as a side salad. Even when a salad is a meal you may want an appetizer to tide hungry appetites over until everything is ready.
- Casseroles: A salad really adds a spot of fresh green to the table when served with cabbage roll casserole, ground turkey quinoa casserole and zucchini casserole.
- Meatless Meals: Enjoy a hearty veggie filled meal when you pair salad with zucchini potato bake, spaghetti, or chili mac.
A salad really can be enjoyed at every meal. Have a salad for lunch, followed by a healthy snack in the afternoon. Browse additional cleaning eating dinner ideas, top healthy sides or lunch recipes to come up with your own healthy meal combination!
Recommended Reading: Oxo Good Grips Salad Spinner 4.0
Lentil Salad With Feta
Heres a top-notch lentil salad recipe to add to your arsenal, and man is it tasty. This fresh and healthy lentil salad is Mediterranean-style, mixed with fresh veggies, feta cheese and pistachios. Its a delicious way to add protein to a vegetarian meal as a side dish, or bring to work as a lunch throughout the week. You won’t be able to stop eating it! Or try: French Lentil Salad
Whats To Love About This Vegetarian Pasta Salad:
QUICK & EASY: Whip up this lemony orzo salad in less than 30 minutes! Its ideal for a last-minute dinner recipe. Or make a batch for you next family picnic.FLAVOR! Fresh herbs, bright dressing, tangy feta cheese and seasonal veggies. Both kids and adults adore the taste of this salad.MAKE-AHEAD: This salad lasts for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator. Great for meal prepping!
Don’t Miss: Jersey Mike’s Salad Menu
Ways To Serve This Marinated Vegetable Salad
This vegetable salad is pretty straightforward and basic, but its unlike any salad we make on the regular! So for us, its a treat to have found a fun new way to eat colorful veggies. Here are a few ways we like to serve it:
- As a side dish for weeknight meals: store it refrigerated
- For lunches throughout the week as a way to add veggies
- For picnics as a marinated vegetable salad
- For potlucks: consider making a double recipe!
+ Easy & Healthy Salad Recipes
These easy and healthy salad recipes make the best of fresh seasonal produce. Theyre filled with bright flavors and a variety of delicious textures. Whether youre looking for a snappy lunch salad or a large dinner party salad, this list has something for everyone.
Recommended Reading: Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad Wendys
Why Youll Love This Imitation Crab Salad Recipe
If you love seafood dishes youll absolutely love this imitation crab recipe.
- The creamy dressing gives this seafood salad recipe a great flavor!
- Its so easy. In just 10 minutes youll have a dish that you can serve with something like this fried shrimp recipe, or just eat it by itself for a quick lunch or even a light dinner.
- It uses simple ingredients. You can find all of them at your favorite grocery store.
- It keeps well. If youre looking for a salad recipe to feed a crowd, this is it! You can make it in advance, and even easily double/triple the recipe.
Romaine Salad With Breadcrumbs And Simple Dressing
Fans call Mollys 20-minute salad simple and super yummy, and we feel the need to add smart to that description: She toasts panko breadcrumbs with butter in a skillet for amazing crunch and flavor! Romaine, a lemony homemade dressing and shaved Parmesan complete the meal.
Get the Recipe: Romaine Salad with Breadcrumbs and Simple Dressing
Recommended Reading: How To Make Cesar Salad
Of The Best Healthy & Easy Salad Recipes
30 of the BEST HEALTHY & EASY SALAD RECIPES out there! Easy, Fresh, Light, and Quick to throw together Salad Recipes your family will love having on the dinner table! Bring on bikini season!
Truth be told, I do love a good salad. In fact, when we go out for dinner I will normally order a salad. Not because Im trying to be healthy, but just because if it has all the right fixings in it, its gonna be one good salad!
Serve As A Main Dish Mexican Salad
The other way to serve this Mexican salad is as a main dish salad! You could easily serve this one as a main dish salad by adding a protein to keep it heartier and more filling.
- Shrimp. Adding Garlic Shrimp or Cilantro Lime Shrimp brings lots of protein and keeps the calories low.
- Black beans and avocado. For a vegan and plant-based main dish salad, add black beans and avocado.
- Sweet potatoes. These roasted sweet potatoes add fiber and help to make it satiating.
- Feta or cotija cheese. Cheese crumbles add protein and make it more filling.
You May Like: Order Chicken Salad Chick Online
What Ingredients Should I Add To Pasta Salad
We wanted to share an extra easy and flexible pasta salad with you. It is straightforward and quick to make. So you can make the best pasta salad, we have shared lots of tips below.
This salad is a mashup between Greek and Italian pasta salad. Greek because we add both Kalamata and green olives and Italian because we throw parmesan and fresh mozzarella cheese into the mix.
If you would prefer to leave the olives oil, no problem! Use our recipe as a guide, and then throw in the ingredients you love. We have shared lots of suggestions below.
TheBest Pasta To Use: Pasta is essential, but the type of pasta you use does matter. I like the pasta to bite back a bit and hate it when it turns mushy.
Thats why you should choose hearty pasta shapes like penne, fusilli, rotini, and farfalle . They also have the advantage of lots of nooks and crannies, which trap the dressing and bits of cheese. Other shapes can work, too. Orzo pasta is an excellent option, but make sure not to overcook it.
Add Some Vegetables: An assortment of veggies add color and crunch to the salad. We love adding bell pepper, cucumber or zucchini, halved cherry tomatoes, and thinly sliced green onion . You can add other vegetables, too.
Adding a handful of whatever fresh herbs you have on hand is an excellent idea, too. The more color and flavor, the better!
Vegan Couscous Salad With Chickpeas
The Spruce / Kristina Vanni
This vegan and vegetarian couscous salad is a calorie-conscious dish with great flavor. This recipe prepares the couscous in vegetable broth for added flavor and tosses in nutty-tasting chickpeas for extra protein, along with chopped cucumber, red bell pepper, and green onions, all tossed in a light lemon, olive oil, and Dijon mustard vinaigrette.
Read Also: Potato Salad With Hard Boiled Eggs
Why These Healthy Salad Recipes
Im fully aware that you can find many other healthy salad recipes on the web with a touch of a finger. But mine are the best! Pinky promise! In this list you will find healthy spinach salad recipes, kale salads, bean salads and more.
- Easy recipes In many of these salads, even a healthy salad dressing recipe is dumped into the same bowl. I do not love extra steps. We never did in Ukraine and look, I turned out just fine.
- Simple ingredients We are talking about superstore grocery basic avocado, greens, tomato, pasta and quinoa ingredients. However, I encourage you to buy local, seasonal and pesticide free whenever possible.
- Meal worthy and nourishing Most salad ideas are good as a healthy meal or will make you a potluck super star. Full of vitamins and nutrients rather than loaded with saturated fat, sugar and sodium, these salads are perfect for lunch and dinner.
- Tasty I have compiled a collection of salads I would truly enjoy eating like a strawberry cheesecake. What is the prettiest salad worth if it tastes like kale?!
Enjoy these interesting healthy salads recipes for dinner or lunch!
Storage Info: Lasts Up To 3 Days
The great thing about this vegetable salad, in our opinion, is that it tastes even better after a few hours in the refrigerator. You can serve it immediately after serving, or store it up to 3 days refrigerated. This makes it great for lunches that last throughout the week.
If youre serving very hungry eaters or want a large batch, we recommend making a double recipe. Click the 2x button on the recipe below.
Don’t Miss: Fruit Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
Add The Smoky Sunflower Seed Topping
Remember we told you we removed the bacon from the classic broccoli salad? You dont need anything in place of it. But if you really want to take this salad over the top: make this smoky sunflower seed topping! It mimics the flavor of bacon using sunflower seeds that are flavored with soy sauce, maple syrup and smoked paprika. They bring just the right smoky and savory flavor to the salad.
Whats smoked paprika? Its a smoky Spanish version of sweet paprika. You should be able to find it at most grocery stores: its sometimes labeled pimentón. Smoked paprika is our secret weapon in plant-based cooking and we use it in so many recipes! Go to Best Smoked Paprika Recipes to use up a jar.
Top Tips For The Healthiest Salad
Building a great salad isnt rocket science, but there are some key qualities that make a healthy salad amazing just check out our perfect formula! Here are the cliff notes version so with any different salad ingredient combination you will know how to make a healthy salad recipe:
- Flavor of ingredients: must blend well together i.e. roasted red peppers, pepperoncini, olives and feta are perfect for an Italian or Greek salad
- Freshness of ingredients: crisp veggies, sweet fruit, fresh herbs/greens the fresher your ingredients the more tasty the salad!
- Appealing to the eye:we eat with our eyes first I am not sure who said that but its true the more colors the better.
- Different textures: creamy cheese with crunchy nuts, soft berries with crisp veggies, flaky salmon with buttery salad greens you get the picture, textures creates taste explosion!
- Homemade salad dressing: trust me it just makes your salad greens taste better, the ingredients are fresh and there are not any preservatives, enough said!
Recommended Reading: Miller’s Ale House Salad
More Best Salad Recipes
This Mexican salad is one of our best salad recipes for all different cuisines and occasions! Here are a few that top the list:
- The BEST Kale Salad The BEST way to eat kale! A dressing of lemon, garlic and Parmesan cheese transforms kale into tangy goodness.
- Arugula Salad This easy arugula salad is fool-proof: you dont even need to make dressing. It comes together in minutes!
- Best Tossed Salad A customizable salad with lots of dressing options and crunchy homemade croutons!
- Favorite Chopped Salad This chopped salad is always a hit it will amaze everyone around the table!
- Fennel Orange Salad This refreshing salad pairs juicy orange and the subtle licorice essence of fennel with a citrus vinaigrette.
- Simple Citrus Salad This refreshingly simple citrus salad features grapefruit and oranges topped with a tangy vinaigrette and fresh mint.
Classic Green Salad Recipes
Simple Butter Lettuce Salad . Composed of tender butter lettuce leaves, briny green olives and salty slivers of aged manchego, our butter lettuce salad is a feast for the eyes and the palate.
Mediterranean Wedge Salad. Iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and pickled onions make this Mediterranean-inspired riff on a classic wedge salad recipe fresh and delicious.
Butter Lettuce Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette. In this simple butter lettuce salad, vibrant lettuce leaves live their best lives, dressed in a tangy homemade vinaigrette and accompanied by creamy avocado and crisp radishes.
Simple Italian Salad. If youre just discovering this classic Italian salad recipe for the first time, congratulations! Meet the perfect side salad to accompany all your Italian pasta, chicken or fish dinners!
Also Check: Cost Of Chicken Salad Chick Franchise
Everyday Side Salad Ingredients:
As I mentioned above, the base ingredients in this salad are all incredibly flexible. So feel free to use whatever you love best or have on hand! You will just need some type of
- Fresh greens: I tend to go with spring greens, baby arugula, or some sort of mixed greens for this salad. But any greens that you love best will work.
- English cucumber: We always keep a few English cucs in the refrigerator because they are easy to work with , they last for quite awhile in the crisper drawer , and they always taste so delicious with this salad! That said, feel free to use any type of cucumber that you prefer for this salad, or see other fresh veggie ideas below too.
- Red onion: If youve followed this blog for any amount of time, you know that I can never resist adding some thinly-sliced fresh red onions to my salads. But if you dont love them as much as I do, feel free to leave them out . Or to take the edge off of the red onion flavor, you can also briefly rinse the sliced onions in water before adding them to the salad.
- Nuts/seeds: Feel free to add in whatever nuts or seeds that you love best to give this tossed salad some extra crunch and protein! Were partial to salty pepitas, toasted pine nuts, or sunflower seeds in our house. But toasted almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, or any other favorite nuts/seeds would be delicious options too.
- Everyday dressing: See below!
How To Make Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad:
There are three main steps in this recipe. 1) Cook the pasta, 2) Prep the veggies and 3) Make the dressing. Lets talk details
BOIL THE PASTA: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it generously. Add the pasta and cook it according to the package directions. The orzo should be al dente tender, but not soft.
COOL THE PASTA: Drain the pasta into a colander and run it under cold water until the pasta is cold. This brings the pasta to the ideal temperature for pasta salad, plus stops the pasta from sticking together.
PREP THE MIX-INS: Chop the cucumber, cut the grape or cherry tomatoes in half, drain and rinse the chickpeas, quarter the olives and chop the herbs. If the feta cheese is in a block, crumble it with your fingers.
COMBINE: Combine the cooked orzo, vegetables, herbs, cheese and olives in a large bowl. Give it a good stir.
MAKE THE DRESSING: In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, agave nectar, oregano and salt.
DRESS THE SALAD: Pour the dressing into the pasta salad and toss to combine. If youre making the salad ahead of time, make some extra dressing and reserve the extra to toss with the salad right before serving.
SERVE OR STORE: Serve it up immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator for later.
KEEP IN TOUCHand receive recipes straight to your inbox!
Recommended Reading: Zaxby’s Chicken Salad Sandwich
Our Favorite Salad Recipes With Chicken
Grilled Curry Chicken Salad with Herb Vinaigrette. A big green salad topped with a curry-spiced grilled chicken, goat cheese and a delicious punchy herb-filled vinaigrette is basically heaven on a platter, and makes a terrific dinner salad.
Chicken Waldorf Salad. For our chicken Waldorf salad recipe, we combine the sweet and savory flavor combo that we all know and love with a few grown-up substitutions that make it even better than the original.
Curried Chicken Salad Salad. Dotted with just-sweet-enough golden raisins, tender chicken pieces and crisp celery are coated in a vibrant yellow, curry powder-spiked dressing. We love it in a sandwich, and straight out of the bowl, but our favorite way to eat it is on top of a big green salad.